waiter, fetch me a zombie horde

The volatility surrounding the collective-bargaining debate spilled into the night Wednesday when police were called to a German Village restaurant after a group verbally accosted a gathering of Senate Republicans.

After the vote on Senate Bill 5, seven Republican senators, including President Tom Niehaus, R-New Richmond, grabbed dinner at the Easy Street Cafe. As the lawmakers neared the end of their meal, a group of five to 10 union supporters angry about the passage of the bill hours before burst into the restaurant and began shouting.

The commotion eventually led to pushing and shoving with the restaurant staff and owner, before police arrived to calm the situation as a police helicopter hovered overhead. No senators were involved in the physical altercations, and no charges have been filed…

…When the group burst into the restaurant, the woman, Monica Moran, deputy director of public affairs for SEIU District 1199, raised her hands in the air, yelled “Can I have your attention?” and then shouted “something nasty,” LaRose said. Soon after, the rest of the group of men and women joined in with a chant.

“They stormed through my dining room,” said George Stefanidis, owner of the Easy Street Cafe. “I told them they had to leave, and they wouldn’t.

Stefanidis said he called 911 when the protesters refused to leave. LaRose said there was pushing and shoving with the restaurant staff….

“It is unfortunate that rather than focus on the adverse impact that this legislation will have on hard-working, middle-class Ohioans, there are those who would choose to focus on a conversation I had with Senate Republicans,” she said in a written statement to The Dispatch.

The moment of discomfort Senate Republicans may have felt as a result of my expressing my opinion pales in comparison to the extreme discomfort and financial hardships that public employees will endure as a result of SB5.”

1. Posted March 5, 2011 at 8:00 am |

So “shouting, pushing and shoving” is how this miscreant would characterize a “conversation?” I assume an actual “argument” must involve automatic weapons.

And take a deep breath…. Ahhh! Sondrakistan still has that “new blog” smell!

2. DoubleU
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 8:16 am |

Unions, always winning hearts and minds.

And if the image linking isn’t working…

3. DoubleU
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 8:21 am |

How to let users post images in wordpress…
    LINK

and in case link html does not work…

4. SherryM
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 8:25 am |

While I totally agree that they are very much like zombies they have no interest in brains at all. Vegan Zombies? Only wanting your green.

5. Snuffy Smith
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 8:30 am |

I hope they get a handle on this left wing violence before some law abiding individual is threatened to the point of having to defend themselves with deadly force.

The above statement is considered by the Fairy of Scott Lake to be a death threat.

6. Clinically Insane
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 8:38 am |

Ever seen Serenity?

The Unions and Proggy’s are quickly turning into the human equivalent of Reavers, and will progress to that exact end if they are not dealt with.

7. DoubleU
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 9:23 am |

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

WHAT??!?! I have never been so humiliated before! Well…there was that one time in South Miami beach but I paid for that.

8. SteveHGraham
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 9:43 am |

I know why they refused to leave. That restaurant isn’t private property. It’s a NATIONAL RESOURCE.

9. Melissa In Texas
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 10:45 am |

They are going to push the wrong people too far in the not so distant future and all hell is going to break loose!

10. Kristopher
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 11:14 am |

I suggest headshots for zombies.

11. Melissa In Texas
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 11:22 am |

Zombies… union thugs…
    same difference, right?

12. DougM (constitutional fetishist)
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 11:32 am |

SnuffyS, Melissa,
    Personally, I think their strategy is to provoke a violent response.
    If they can cause a few “incidents” (e.g. Reichstag Fire), especially if they can get somebody seriously hurt (i.e. bleeding on camera or, better yet, killed with a big funeral), then Obama can make the case that extremist (i.e. conservative) views need some regulation (i.e. suppression) in order to reduce the violence, perhaps even a move on firearms, internet, FoxNews, Tea Party assemblies, etc.
    You know, the slippery slope to martial law (i.e. dictatorship),
    perhaps a state of emergency leading up to the election.
    You know, banana-republic stuff.
    You know, Chicago-think.

SteveHG,
    Don’t dismiss your thought.
    The first thing I thought of was “public accommodation.”
    That’s how SCOTUS justified a Federal invasion of private hotel/restaurant policies (i.e. segregation).
    Why can’t they use that same argument so that any jackass with a political opinion should be allowed to exercise their “free speech” in any private restaurant?
    Besides, the concept of trespassing depends on recognizing the horror of “property rights.” Can’t allow that.

13. Claire, Ideologically Stubborn Heatist Ruralite
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 11:56 am |

What Doug said. X2.

14. Melissa In Texas
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 12:24 pm |

Y’know, Doug… they are pushing for as much conflict as possible. I am just saying that they are gonna push the wrong folks one of these days.
    I was just reading an article about a woman who was put into a coma over an altercation over a parking space in Manhattan. Apparently the woman struck first, but she was 4’11″ and like 100 lbs, the guy was 5’7″ and 165 lbs.
    The woman was dumber’n a box of rock for laying hands on the guy, regardless of her size and the fact that he hit a…. dare I say it…. woman is causing all kinds of consternation, to say the least.
    I will say one thing…
    Someone gets in my face in an attempt to intimidate me, they had better not allow anything more than air touch me, cuz it will be on!
    I am familiar with folks attempting intimidation to cause fear for your personal safety. Here, if the intimidation or threat is documented, the cops rather have an attitude of telling you to shoot first if approached again. PERIOD.
    The laws are different all over though.
    *sorry… scattered thoughts and babbling here :)

15. mojo
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 12:30 pm |

Rule #3 – Double tap

16. Melissa In Texas
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 12:37 pm |

indeed, mojo!

17. TimO
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 12:40 pm |

Having grown up in Columbus and knowing how the union thugs there can be, I can only say I’m not surprised. Unfortunately they will show their ugly side to try to bully their way out of any situation.

18. Clinically Insane
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 12:47 pm |

Doug, there is no doubt that your thoughts there are exactly what they have planned.

Because they know that at the most there will be only a few incidents, which will give the Obamanation exactly what he needs to take total control.

The only way the conservatives (the *true* Americans) can stop this is all out, multi-million person offensives.

But we have no leaders who are of that mind set.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, and y’all can hate me and call me a lunatic all you want. But this country is in dire need of a civil war, specifically so that those loyal to the constitution can deal with the traitors on a mass scale and make right that which has been soiled by the amoral nihilistic liberal elitist assholes.

@Melissa: pretty please (sugar on top and all that) can I get that e-mail from you? Wife and I would like to know we are making the right decision. :)

19. Snuffy Smith
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 12:48 pm |

The real trick is to resist the urge to violently confront their violent threats.

Let their violent intent and extremist actions become so prevalent and so repulsive that public sentiment turns against them. Let them ramp it up and up until they can no longer have excuses made for them by their lapdogs in the anti-American media. That will take great patience and perseverance from our camp, but it is the only way that the leftists can be truly exposed. They will not be able to resist their inner urge to ramp it up and up when they get no violent response from those of us who oppose them.

Being calm and cool, the reasonable alternative to their tantrums, will drive them over the edge.

All they know is tantrums. Don’t play into it. That doesn’t mean surrender, it means be smart.

20. Melissa In Texas
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 12:57 pm |

workin’ on it now :)

21. Clinically Insane
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 1:42 pm |

Snuffy: I understand your perspective on this. The problem that I see is that if we just do nothing at all, the traitors will simply continue to warp, manipulate, abuse, and change the system until they get to the point where they can simply send us to concentration camps based on our political viewpoints.
    It’s already quite clear that they can physically assault and harm conservative minded individuals without any repercussions at all. Even the federal DOJ supposedly has been given internal orders not to prosecute certain individuals.

I honestly don’t see a way out of it. I’ve never felt so trapped in my entire life.

22. Merovign
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 3:36 pm |

Trespassing, assault, no charges filed.

Why, they must be Democrats.

I think they changed the law to define “assault” to mean “fighting back against Democrats.”

23. Spin
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 10:13 pm |

What happens if ‘we the people’ manage to hold off that inevitable altercation for the time being? When it does come,and it damn sure will, what then? Will perfect once again become the enemy of good?
    Please keep in mind that progressives have been on the march to this particular point in time since the early 1930′s. And while progressives progress conservatives conserve. That’s not a tug of war kind of game it’s a push until you’ve got nowhere left to be pushed.

It’s much easier to call for ‘turning the other cheek’ from in front of your laptops, it might be a much different thing to be pushed on the street or elbowed in the ribs or ranted at by a mini-mob while at your favorite bistro. Pushing back now,and lancing that boil, gives us much more time to drain this fevered swamp then waiting until just before the next election. Or facsimile there of.

Oh and don’t get me started on putting all our eggs in a legislative bucket. Times a bitch, especially when your my age.

/off rant/

24. Spin
    Posted March 5, 2011 at 11:44 pm |

last your = you’re

25. LLoyd
    Posted March 6, 2011 at 10:35 pm |

In my healthier dayz I’d been up shovin’ and kicking that scum ass. Get the hell out a a resturant that I’m paying for with my own f888king NOn-union dollars you basturds.