oh there’s ironing and then…

…According to the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB), the Wisconsin Retirement System owns $5.5 million in Georgia Pacific corporate bonds. (Georgia Pacific is owned by Koch Industries.) This is the retirement system in which the overwhelming majority of state and local employees participate. These are the pension benefits that public employees are trying so hard to protect………

……….one imagines the public unions’ vitriol will soften a little bit when they realize their retirement payout is incumbent on the success of the Kochs….

1. DoubleU
    Posted March 6, 2011 at 4:01 pm |

Don’t know where I saw it but there was a list of Koch products to boycott. I don’t believe people who boycott, or the protesting left have any understanding of the pension system.

2. SteveHGraham
    Posted March 6, 2011 at 4:13 pm |

These Koch characters were supposedly obligated to give me money and orders back when I was a popular right-wing blogger. I never heard of them! I never got a dime! What a gyp! Maybe my liberal friends could give me their corporate address so I could file a claim.

3. iD
    Posted March 6, 2011 at 4:30 pm |

No, their vitriol won’t soften in the least. A logical disconnect is essential to their platform. It’s unavoidable.

They buy Exxon gas but hate Exxon. They eat meat but despise the flyover-staters that produce it. They cherish their freedom but won’t stand beside the “rednecks” who go out and defend it.

Posted March 6, 2011 at 5:26 pm |

One of the signs in the Capital building said Gov. Walker is a Koch head–

5. iD
    Posted March 6, 2011 at 6:10 pm |

…and I saw the Solidarity flag up there. The irony leaves my shirts flat and unwrinkled.

What part of “unchecked socialism” don’t they understand?

Posted March 6, 2011 at 6:37 pm |

They remind me of the pet who looks at your finger when you are pointing at the bowl where their delicious food is.

They cannot make the connection. If you let them, they might eat their own nose to spite their own face.

7. DougM
    Posted March 6, 2011 at 6:58 pm |

iD,
    Yeah, irony, indeed.

Do these jackasses not understand that Solidarity was a movement to overthrow the leftist government and its state-run unions … you know, the very things these jackanapes are demanding.

It’s like their words and thoughts are made of anti-matter
    or they’ve been transported here from the bad-Spock universe.

8. SondraK, Lympian Slayer
    Posted March 6, 2011 at 7:40 pm |

The new speak is how the TEA Partiers are wanting everyone else to pay for stuff and we’re not willing to sacrifice.

Srsly.

9. Claire, Ideologically Stubborn Heatist Ruralite
    Posted March 6, 2011 at 10:54 pm |

hm. That whole destroy -the -educational -system -create -a -cretinous -population thing they started in the early last century is really payin’ off for ‘em, huh?

10. Melissa In Texas
    Posted March 7, 2011 at 5:48 am |

It truly did Claire!
    These folks could not find their fannies with both hands if someone did not tell them they were attached.
    The Gimme Generation and all of their organizations sicken me.