standards

Those things you just can’t overlook.

( video link )

1. Posted March 9, 2011 at 2:11 pm |

Heh. Mrs. Geezer and I both love Firefly, in fact we started re-watching the episodes, 3 days ago.

Here’s two other TV series that we really enjoy on DVD:

Boomtown

and

Wonderfalls

I highly recommend them. I think SondraK would like Wonderfalls (which was produced by Tim Minear, the same guy who co-produced Firefly)

2. HDDavid
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 2:24 pm |

yep…. some gals are just no damn good.

Posted March 9, 2011 at 2:38 pm |

That’s a sad, sad song.

4. Laurence
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 2:41 pm |

Although I was a true BTVS fan ( I took crap from my daughter for watching it until she got hooked ), I did not discover Firefly until the DVDs were released.

Some of my favorite scenes were those between Jayne and Shepard Book.

I never saw Boomtown but tried Wonderfalls. I thought it started out good but ran out of stream before the end of the first season. The gimmick of the series got old and I did not see how it could carry the show for another season.

5. MCPO
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 2:42 pm |

There are some things that cannot be overlooked!

6. Sven in Colorado
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 3:51 pm |

Saw Serenity first and was hooked like a frikken steelhead on a slick, wet, streamer. Then the daughter unit informed sent me the Firefly series for Christmas….. YOW!

I am a Firefly Junkie.

Some things just cannot be overlooked, or forgiven.

7. apotheosis
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 4:27 pm |

On this subject, here’s somethin that’s been puzzling me…why is Science Channel showing Firefly?

Don’t get me wrong, Firefly to be mandatory viewing in every appropriate market segment, but…I’d hate to see Science Channel fall prey to the kind of mission creep that destroyed History Channel.

8. Posted March 9, 2011 at 4:29 pm |

Pass on the whole genre, thank you.

9. HDDavid
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 4:42 pm |

ap,
    Because it is a possible future look at existing science… and… anyone that watches the Science Channel is probably a fan.

10. DougM
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 4:45 pm |

Reavers bait.

11. katzemeow
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 4:48 pm |

I started with BTVS; moved on to Angel then I missed Firefly – it got cancelled before I could see it. (I worked nights) Finally got to see Serenity; ordered the DVD’s and now I watch it at least once a month. (if Joss Wheaton’s name is on it I will watch it)

One of my favorite shows/movies of all time. Talk about the embodiment of the small government/independant mindset. IT IS AWESOME. Just the title song makes me misty.

“I’ll show you a world with out sin” It’s the best!

12. Gwillie
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 5:24 pm |

I Love Firefly, wouldn’t have anything to say after she said she didn’t like it, Don’t think I’d flip her off as she’s walking to the curb… But I might.

13. franxredhot
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 5:36 pm |

River Tam rocks.

14. apotheosis
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 5:39 pm |

This pretty much says it all.

Anybody who don’t like that, I just don’t have much in common with.

15. Posted March 9, 2011 at 6:59 pm |

I discovered Firefly on netflix late one night when I couldn’t sleep.
    How can you not love a sci-fi western… especially when the first mate carries Steve McQueen’s Mare’s leg .44-40 Winchester from Wanted: Dead Or Alive?

Got The Red Queen hooked on farscape, but haven’t convinced her on Firefly and Serenity… Yet.

16. Posted March 9, 2011 at 7:10 pm |

Oh, and Apo…

<a href="”>This one too.

17. Posted March 9, 2011 at 7:12 pm |

why does nothing work for me?

Try again

18. Cheesy
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 7:36 pm |

We Browncoats have our eye on you, lady.

19. Lucius Severus Pertinax
    Posted March 10, 2011 at 12:51 am |

I confess I dont even KNOW what Firefly IS…
    But..
    I admit to being hopelessly addicted to House MD

Okay.. point and laff if you want… ;-P

She was too skinny for my taste anyway..
    (much prefers a fully developed female figure with an actual butt) ;)

20. Spin
    Posted March 10, 2011 at 1:38 am |

Apo,

…why is Science Channel showing Firefly?

From everything I’ve read the Science channel will run all Firefly episodes and also run them in the order they were supposed to be seen.
    This did not happen when Firefly first ran on the FOX (Moesha) channel. In fact the first two episodes originally weren’t shown at all.

21. SteveHGraham
    Posted March 10, 2011 at 6:47 am |

What a loser that woman is.

22. Posted March 10, 2011 at 9:19 am |

What the hell is Firefly? Is that what the kids are calling it now?