this can only go well

Sarah Palin is getting the movie treatment with HBO Films’ Game Change. Oscar-nominated actress Julianne Moore will portray the former Alaska governor in the project, which will chronicle Palin’s burst into the national scene as a surprise vice presidential candidate in 2008.

I wonder why I have this creeping suspicion that it’ll be somewhat…I dunno, maybe not entirely 100% even-handed and serious and reflective of reality?

Directing Game Change is Jay Roach, director of the Meet the Parents movies as well as the HBO film Recount, which examined the aftermath of the 2000 presidential election with a focus on the Florida recount.

Oh, right.

1. iD
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 2:30 pm |

But they already made a Sarah Palin movie

Posted March 9, 2011 at 2:34 pm |

I wouldn’t have chosen Julianne moore.

3. bocopro
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 2:55 pm |

Similar discussion came up in a few places recently, so I submitted this and sent a courtesy copy to NOW (Denny posted it on his site):

Imagine for a moment an attractive, intelligent, dynamic, patriotic woman in her mid 40s with strong family values and high-level managerial experience.

Imagine that such a woman has indeed broken through the “silken curtain” Friedan speaks of in her statement of purpose at the inception of NOW.

Imagine that such a woman has entered national politics and is seeking executive office at the highest level with widespread enthusiastic support in the heartland.

Uhh . . .wouldn’t she be the poster girl, the standard bearer, the incarnation of the goals laid out in the statement of purpose, the perfect icon of equality for women?

Hey . . . it don’t get no better’n'at, people. So what possible reason could NOW have for not favorably endorsing and strongly supporting her bid to become the first woman PotUS?

Could the reason be that NOW’s leadership is socialist?

Could the reason be that NOW’s leadership is envious?

Could the reason be that NOW’s leadership is obtuse?

Please advise. Oh, BTW, just in case you ARE terminally obtuse, I am not referring to Shrillary.

And by no means ask me to join an organization which is in any way obamanistically left-wing, irrationally jealous, or hypocritically stupid.

4. SondraK, Lympian Slayer
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 4:03 pm |

mech, I was just at the supermarket and she was on the cover of something. I think she’s pretty stunning. Don’t know much about her as an actress but at least it’s not Kathy Griffin.

5. AZHolmes
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 4:08 pm |

Hey, she was Maude Lebowski, so she works for me!

Well, I could say that about most redheads (She who will not be mentioned ^ excluded).

6. apotheosis
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 4:12 pm |

Kathy Griffin is not a real redhead.

And if she was, we’d have damned well ethnic cleansed her by now.

7. DougM
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 4:34 pm |

Too bad Leslie Nielson’s gone.
    He’d'a made a great McCain in a comedy version.
    As for Sarah, I’d choose Mira Sorvino.
    (What? Why? Whyyyy?! You ever see her legs?)

Remind me to ask MsMelissa about her avatar plans.
    I love this pose.

Posted March 9, 2011 at 5:36 pm |

Snazzy shoes –it starts with the shoooes–gotta have the legs to go with the shoooes–right ladies? The “movie” should be interesting–maybe not– I’ll got with NOT–

9. TomR, armed in Texas
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 6:25 pm |

Too much hype can be bad. Too much bad hype can be a catastrophe.

10. dick not quite dead white guy
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 6:32 pm |

I see not one but two, got that two movies coming out about the Repubs the Left fears and hates the most as a shot for Uhbama just in time for 2012 elections. Don’t look for anything to cheer for in what will be two hack jobs.

11. Fat Baxter
    Posted March 9, 2011 at 8:31 pm |

They need to re-make “Red Dawn” except this time the Wolverines are fighting liberals.

12. Posted March 9, 2011 at 10:57 pm |

Julianne Moore? Puhleeze. I like her, but seriously, folks…

13. Zipser
    Posted March 10, 2011 at 5:12 am |

She’s a good actress so I’m willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. She is stridently pro abortion and given Palin’s pro life decisions she’ll have to be a great actress to accurately portray the former governor.

I don’t know if she can do it. Then again it all depends on the script.

Posted March 10, 2011 at 7:12 am |

I have a feeling portraying the former Gov. is their # 1 priority.