Home of the Free

land of the bussed

[/The right to freedom of assembly]

Marin County, the affluent Bay Area community outside of San Francisco, is too white, says the Feds.

The draft report, released Wednesday, came in response to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s determination that Marin had “failed to comply” with the 1964 Civil Rights Act and two other anti-discrimination statutes.

Marin’s Community Development Agency recommended amending zoning regulations to ease the construction of new apartments, passing new laws requiring new developments to offer housing at below-market rates, and stepping up programs to combat discrimination by landlords and realtors.

…Marin County resident, Nancy Reed, says that something is wrong with the racial make-up of Marin County. “I pick up my grand son, I take him to school. I see maybe four Latino children there, and one African American–two maybe…that’s–something’s wrong…why they’re [the county officials] not doing more? Now they have to be forced to do more.”

I’m confused. Are they talking about poor people or people of other races? OR are they implying [raaaacist] that all people of color are, by definition, poor?

The suit [by GA's Legislative Black Caucus] seeks to dissolve Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Milton, Chattahoochee Hills and Johns Creek. The caucus said state lawmakers broke the 1965 Voting Rights Act to create super-majority white voting areas.

wait… Isn’t the Legislative Black Caucus a super-majority black outfit?

Posted March 31, 2011 at 9:15 am |

We have winter– that’s our excuse–

2. Posted March 31, 2011 at 9:28 am |

“I pick up my grand son, I take him to school. I see maybe four Latino children there”…….

Count yourself blessed dummass. I live in SoCal.

‘Nuff said? Illegals are running this place now. No I’m not raaaaascist, But I’m daamsure a Leeeeglist.

3. apotheosis
    Posted March 31, 2011 at 9:32 am |

I wonder how this will affect HOAs, which exist (in theory) to keep property values high?

Hmmmmmmm.

4. Clinically Insane
    Posted March 31, 2011 at 9:34 am |

Once again they go well beyond too far.

All they are doing is making sure that the criminals are closer to the targets. Nothing more.

This is fucking sick. If rich white people want to congregate and live in a safe, clean, quiet neighborhood, the have a RIGHT to do so.

Fuck the whining pansy ass minority assholes. Let them live in their crime and filth somewhere else.

5. mojo
    Posted March 31, 2011 at 10:24 am |

OT (Well, for you):

An interesting pedigree, eh? -

Nicholas Haile (b. 1656, Lancaster, VA) m. Frances Garrett (b. 1670, Baltimore, MA)
    Founded Haile’s Fellowship (Quaker) in Baltimore
    Son Nicholas Haile (jr?) (b. 1702, Baltimore, MA) m. Ann Long (b. 1703, Baltimore, MA)
    Son Nicholas Haile (3rd?) (b. 1724, Baltimore, MA) m. Ruth Acre (b. 1725, Baltimore, MA)
    Son Joshua Haile (b. 1767, Baltimore, MA) m. Mary Stephenson (b. 1773, Baltimore, MA)
    Son Amon Hale (b. 1793, Flynn’s Lick, TN) m. Lockney Brown (b. 1797, Fincastle, VA)
    Son David Franklin Hale (b. 1839, Flynn’s Lick, TN) m. Martha Melvina McDonald (b. 1842, Jackson, TN)
    Son William Amon Hale (b, 1862, Bonham, TX) m. Emma Louella White (b. 1866)
    Son Horace David Hale (b. 1888, Graham, TX) m. Elzira Margaret French (b. 1890, Pratt Co., KS

Joshua Haile, who appears to have run, screaming, to Tennessee, had had enough of the whole Quaker deal – he had 14 siblings, among them (honest!) Bathsheba, Gideon, Shadrack, Meshack and Abendigo…

6. Posted March 31, 2011 at 11:45 am |

“I see maybe four Latino children there, and one African American–two maybe…that’s–something’s wrong”

And I had to move out of a school system at great expense because 80% of the kids couldn’t speak English.

7. TheOldMan
    Posted March 31, 2011 at 11:57 am |

Hey Nancy Reed, how about you sell your house at 10% of value to some poor people. That will help solve the problem! How can anyone be so incredibly ignorant and still be able to breath without assistance?

8. Lucius Severus Pertinax
    Posted March 31, 2011 at 12:34 pm |

“…passing new laws requiring new developments to offer housing at below-market rates,…”

Um….under those conditions, WHAT new developments?

9. dick not quite dead white guy
    Posted March 31, 2011 at 1:13 pm |

Here’s a violation of the law requiring ‘contiguous’ voting districts.
    Black Bobbie Scott’s district has a fifty mile long, two mile wide leg added on all the way to Norfolk to give him guarantee him a black majority district, as if the east end of Richmond isn’t enough.

10. mojo
    Posted March 31, 2011 at 1:56 pm |

Huh…. Oh, UPDATE!

1 Honore Garoutte (b. 1620) m. Ann Mascaron (b. 1630)
    2 Henri Garoutte (1652-1704) m. Angelique DePistre (b. 1649)
    3 (Admiral Sir) Antoine Garoutte (1695-1760) m. Lady Anne DeLascour (1710-1760) (daut. of Baron Henri DeLascour)
    4 Michael Antoine Garoutte (1750-1829) m. Sophia Smith (1759-1817) -> in New Jersey, USA

Michael Antione Garoutte’s cousin was Louis XVI of France and Queen of France Marie Antionette. He outfitted one or two ships in Marseilles France at his own expense and brought a large number of men to America to aid the Colonist in their fight for freedom. While riding with a party of American and French Officers they met the British and was shot in the head and left for dead. A passing Quaker in his wagon saw signs of life in Michael and took him home to nurse him back to life. Michael later married his daughter Sophia Smith.
    Michael never received a pension for fighting in the war or repayment for a loan to the Continental Government. The records of his loans had been burned. The records at the Pension Bureau in Washington D.C. show that he had applied for pension but was turned down because his service was on private ships and not on ships of the Continental Government. Michael continued to receive money from his estate in France until 1820. He died later on the side of the road without a penny to his name.

5 Samuel Garoutte (1796-1857) m. Jane Reynolds (1803-1887)
    6 Samuel Garoutte Jr. (1833-1862) m. Rachel Laney (1834-1855)
    7 Margaret Elizabeth Garoutte (1853-1929) m. James Marion Benton (1851-1929) (both died same day, 19 July)

No, no need to curtsy, thanks…

11. Posted March 31, 2011 at 2:29 pm |

Until I can behave myself and at least TRY to make my point without
    TRYING to denigrate people on this blog who are far far and above better
    people than I could ever dream of being, SondraK’s going to post this
    message in its stead as often as she can until I can demonstrate the
    civility that all you fine folks deserve.

12. Posted March 31, 2011 at 2:29 pm |

Until I can behave myself and at least TRY to make my point without
    TRYING to denigrate people on this blog who are far far and above better
    people than I could ever dream of being, SondraK’s going to post this
    message in its stead as often as she can until I can demonstrate the
    civility that all you fine folks deserve.

13. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted March 31, 2011 at 9:07 pm |

Hey, dick: if you’re unimpressed by gerrymandering, this little gem from zombie at Pajamas Media a while ago out to really twist your tail.

14. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted March 31, 2011 at 9:19 pm |

The word “this” in the post above was supposed to be a link. Don’t know what happened.

Anyway, you can do a cut-and-paste:

15. dick not quite dead white guy
    Posted March 31, 2011 at 9:37 pm |

Lordie- thanks for the link. I just ground my teeth down another millimeter.
    The non-contiguous, non compact crap is outrageous, whether for party advantage, or most offensively, to seat of a black. The idea that Irish Jim Moran couldn’t represent black liberals in his community or that black Allen West in his couldn’t represent the whites who voted for him is insulting to the voting public, and if I happen by the grave of the SOB judge who sanctioned this shit I will piss on his grave.

16. Spin
    Posted April 1, 2011 at 1:14 am |

If there was 4 latino and 1 or 2 black children wouldn’t this be proportionate to the make-up of the US?

17. Cheesy
    Posted April 2, 2011 at 5:36 am |

If this is a problem for nancy reed, she needs to move her ass to Compton…