so anywho…

Attorney General Eric Holder today will announce that self-proclaimed Sept. 11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammad will be tried in a military commission, CBS News has learned. A source says the commission will be held at the Guantanamo Bay prison.

Trying Mohammed in a civilian court and closing the Guantanamo prison were once some of the Obama administration’s top priorities……..

1. mojo
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 9:18 am |

A fair trial, followed by a first-class hanging – with a brand-new rope.

2. Clinically Insane
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 9:35 am |

Actually, closing Guantanamo was one of President Putz’s *promises*

3. Posted April 4, 2011 at 9:37 am |

Obama2012- “Change you can step in.”

4. bocopro
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 9:44 am |

O’Bushbama

Contradictor-in-Chief

The Change-Your-Mind Administration

OJT-Bama

Backstep “Maybe-a-few-practice-games-might-be-a-good-idea-before-the-playoffs” Odrama

5. DougM
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 9:51 am |

Good.
    Throwin’ a few Muslims under the bus for 2012?

6. Stick
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 10:20 am |

I like the stolen slogan for 2012

This time we’re really going to close Gitmo!

7. Posted April 4, 2011 at 10:32 am |

There is more of them [LINK]

8. DougM
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 10:48 am |

Wait … perhaps I was o’er hasty.
    Maybe they’re trying to give Holder a new image, so he doesn’t get fried in upcoming hearings about the rest of his treachery and incompetence.

9. Posted April 4, 2011 at 12:03 pm |

If only he had said “Read my lips

The AP reports that with the three orders, “Obama said he was signaling that the US would confront global violence without sacrificing ‘our values and our ideals.’”

Close enough
    Our values are strong enough to withstand trying a man who engaged in an act of military aggression against civilians with a military tribunal
    The far left that I encounter never believed this BS (for different reason than I). It was targeted to the center left, the people who stopped going to the anti-war rallies years ago. It was based on the false premise that President Bush had other options, yet once again Obama has been slapped in the face with the harsh realities of the enemy we face.

Posted April 4, 2011 at 12:14 pm |

Haaaaaaaa ha ha choke— oops sorry– my my what an important day– our reelection announcement and now this— I’ll have to vote for him for sure—

11. TimO
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 12:15 pm |

All that successful “Hope and Change(TM)” is giving me the vapors….

Posted April 4, 2011 at 12:37 pm |

Out of respect for the *Religion of Peace*, I would modify military tribunals for Islamic terrorist murderers. After the military officer jury renders their verdict for the guilty mfcs, the method for death, in keeping with Islam Sharia law will not be hanging or firing squad, but a public beheading.

The convicted mfcs will be taken to a place just outside the Gitmo prison where all prisoners will witness the execution. The executioner will be a Woman Marine Sgt/Major wearing Dress Blues and not exceeding 119 lbs in body weight. She will be issued a scimitar, previously used for cutting through barbwire concertina & 1 inch diameter rebar poles. Ideally the sword will be rusty!

Execution will commence 30 minutes before prisoner`s lunch break. Upon their return, the woman marine will recommence chopping…..Discounting 5 minute rest breaks for the executioner, a Navy Corpsman(…corpseman…) should be able to pronounce death prior to 16:30 Happy Hour!

The prison warden will announce that the following day, interrogators will be available for any prisoners who might wish to update and/or modify their previous debriefs…… Allahu Snackbar!

13. Alan the outback bacon czar
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 12:52 pm |

I’m hating obama a little less now.

14. dick not quite dead white guy
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 1:59 pm |

Col J – finding a scimitar that would qualify might be difficult, even with Marine can-do tradition. May I suggest a chain saw with no gas as a backup? Said Marine may saw or chop at her convenience.
    Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

15. Posted April 4, 2011 at 2:41 pm |

Iowahawk has hit a triple – grand slam, run the hat-trick, put the one horse in the Triple Crown and tipped game-set-match at Wimbledon……HERE:

I will be humming this one for days with a delightfully wicked-good grin plastered on my countenance!

Hoo-Rah!

16. Posted April 4, 2011 at 2:56 pm |

Whoa there Wilbur… am I the only one that thinks Obie is trying to deliberately muck-up the case so bad that the cocksucker never gets tried and gets out scott-free like, oh, Bill Ayers?

Gee, I wonder who’s advising Obie on this one?

17. Caged Insanity
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 3:22 pm |

Hog: what they do in regards to these assholes depends on whether or not it will fool the drooling useless masses into voting for Obama

18. DougM
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 3:39 pm |

ColJ,
    Not a Malmaluke sword?
    I would’a thought that blade would be ideal in so many ways.
    Besides, should be plenty of ‘em available. I expect you have one, yourself.

19. AZHolmes
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 4:46 pm |

See what happens when they make you wear “the big boy pants”?

Oh, and I vote for toe-nail clippers for the beheading. Dull ones. With one of the pieces missing. All rusted out.

20. Fat Baxter
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 6:03 pm |

After the trial, take them into the Alabama woods. Find a large fire ant nest, or better yet several large fire ant nests all close to each other (shouldn’t be hard). Stake the perp out spread-eagle between the nests. Trickle honey from the nests to the perp, taking special care to cover his eyes and man-parts. Kick over the nests, then depart.

Posted April 4, 2011 at 8:47 pm |

Geezzz Doug!!!! I DON`T want a sharp sword! All day hacking is my goal…………….. Guess I didn`t make myself clear?????????????

22. DougM
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 9:07 pm |

^ Ah! Misunderstand you, I did, sir. Must be that USAF/USMC cultural gap.
    Y’see, for your application, I would’a recommended a shov …
    Sorry, I meant an en-tren-chinnng toool.
    Heck, you might even use an AF sword. I’ve never seen one that was actually sharpened.