today’s wedgie is fabulous!

Today, GOProud, the only national organization of gay conservatives and their allies, announced that Ann Coulter was joining the organization’s Advisory Council as Honorary Chair. Coulter’s official title will be “Gay Icon.” “Ann Coulter is a brilliant and fearless leader of the conservative movement, we are honored to have her as part of GOProud’s leadership,” said Christopher Barron, Chairman of GOProud’s Board. “Ann helped put our organization on the map. Politics is full of the meek, the compromising and the apologists – Ann, like GOProud, is the exact opposite of all of those things. We need more Ann Coulters.”

“I am honored to serve in this capacity on GOProud’s Advisory Council, and look forward to being the Queen of Fabulous,” said Coulter…

(I suspect this means she won’t be participating in CPAC this year;)

1. Mumblix Grumph
    Posted August 9, 2011 at 5:10 pm |

CPAC needs to take the corn cob out of their butts.

Go, Ann!

2. Posted August 9, 2011 at 5:21 pm |

FAAAAAbulous!

3. bocopro
    Posted August 9, 2011 at 6:01 pm |

I’ve read articles claiming that Ann Coulter is everything from a transexual to a closet lesbian to a guy who was born male and had sex-change surgery. Apparently she’s never married (and I really couldn’t care less), but has been engaged multiple times (3 or 4, I think).

People like to question her original gender based on her height, her deep voice, her large hands, and her prominent adam’s apple. Who gives a rat’s ass!

I’ve never liked to listen to her, mostly because I don’t think she does the conservative side of our national equation any good; all she accomplishes is reinforcing and solidifying liberals’ convictions that anybody right of center is radical and possibly dangerous.

Still, I admire her wit, her talent, her marvelous knack for analogy, simile, metaphor, snark, sarcasm, and satire. I also tend to agree with nearly all her points in her essays, her editorials, her articles, her books.
    And that’s what she is, a seller of books. She could be thoroughly and deeply committed to the right-wing philosophy, but she remains just an entertainer. And a good one.

I use her and she because that’s how she presents herself, and I’d feel damned silly calling her it, and completely ridiculous calling her him.

Whatever she’s doing, I suspect it has a helluva lot less to do with hormones than it does with controversy, which brings interest in her direction, which translates to income.

4. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted August 9, 2011 at 6:20 pm |

I suspect she actually said, “Then-kew” in her deliiiicious down-up way. [said with a nod and a swish]

AbFab.

5. tctsunami
    Posted August 9, 2011 at 6:36 pm |

Going to go a bit O/T but here’s the link to the best updated site on the Wisconsin Recall Election.

Hopefully it will be another Wedgie.
    Oh, and Ann rocks. Had my supervisor walk in on me one day, grabbed my mouse and said “so what have you been reading today”, checked my browsing history and saw it was her and smiled and walked away.

He’s a big fan of hers too.

6. SondraK, naughty naughty bad wingnut
    Posted August 9, 2011 at 7:59 pm |

^THANK YOU FOR THAT! I thought I was the only person outside of Wisconsin that was on the edge of my seat all day! This is a big giant huge deal.

Posted August 9, 2011 at 8:04 pm |

As much as I like her the phrase that sticks in my head is Sideshow Ann.

8. Posted August 9, 2011 at 8:12 pm |

Yeah, Ann is a showboat and I sometimes wince…but darn it, I’m glad she’s out there raising her voice and kicking crotches. And I’m glad that she’s taking the stand that conservative Gays shouldn’t be forced into the clutches of the Left by default.

9. Steve In Tulsa
    Posted August 9, 2011 at 8:17 pm |

Yay! Love Ann! Love conservatism! Love fiscal conservatives of any stripe. Why don’t we sing this song all together?

10. Brad
    Posted August 9, 2011 at 9:03 pm |

In the recall election link, if you have the larger percentage of the vote have you won a seat or lost one??

Anyone who can explain chime in. I couldn’t figure it out on the link.

11. SondraK, naughty naughty bad wingnut
    Posted August 9, 2011 at 9:10 pm |

^ It’s the same as any election…more votes wins the seat.
    It’s looking about 50/50 I think?

Good luck with that, Wisconsin. You deserve everything you get. Especially after living through their antics a few months ago.

12. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted August 9, 2011 at 10:23 pm |

I heart Ann.

13. SondraK, naughty naughty bad wingnut
    Posted August 9, 2011 at 10:40 pm |

^ She’s the wedgie queen :)

14. LLoyd
    Posted August 9, 2011 at 10:56 pm |

Yo peeps, I’v been on the edge of my seat since 9pm EDT with the Wisconsin dealio. It was a squeeker to the end and the Repubs still kept control of the goobermint even though those evil demon-rats outspent them 2-1!! But the best part is yet to come: the final 2 Dems left for next week and I’m really hoping they have their asses handed to them.

And I’ve always liked Ann. Not always for what she said but mostly because she does give good wedgies to the leftoids.

15. joe
    Posted August 10, 2011 at 4:20 am |

“all she accomplishes is reinforcing and solidifying liberals’ convictions that anybody right of center is radical and possibly dangerous.”

Wonder if some of the colonials had the same opinion of Thomas Paine and Patrick Henry? Not dissing your opinion but sometimes the squeaky wheel really does get the grease.

Posted August 10, 2011 at 6:02 am |

Agreed joe. She speaks the truth with wit and enthusiasm.

Of course that will ruffle some feathers. Usually the ones that need ruffling the most.

We have been dragged so far left that the middle looks to some like the extreme right so they’ll never be happy.

17. Darrell
    Posted August 10, 2011 at 10:56 am |

Ann Coulter is all woman.
    And she is the real-deal as far as being a Conservative.
    I never worry about her going to the dark side.

18. Jess
    Posted August 10, 2011 at 11:12 am |

I listened to a speech Ann gave at some press club luncheon. I don’t remember all of the details, but I do remember how she verbally bitch-slapped a room full of liberal journalists. I was impressed and have remained so.

19. ZZMike
    Posted August 10, 2011 at 11:53 am |

I guess that means she’ll be taking over the Judy Garland spot.

20. Stick
    Posted August 10, 2011 at 12:59 pm |

I like that she skewers leftists with no apologies. Her satire is so biting it hurts, but is true.

I’m a freak for her & that picture, just like Chairman Ann, is hotter than two rats fornicating in a wool sock.

21. PeggyU