science “fiction”

On the premiere of Terra Nova last night, a Redditor caught a glimpse of what the show’s writers see future currency looking like.

Or as Stilton observed, “Why isn’t the writing on it in Chinese?”

Hope n’ Change

1. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 2:08 pm |

Yeah, Stilton wins.

Notice the graphic of the globe along the bottom, too.
    Is this UN-backed money?

Actually, Obama’s portrait is probably reasonable, since the $1000 bill will be the ones we’ll carry around in our wallets for small-change purposes (like buying sodas and tipping waiters) and we’ll need reminding why.

Soon, it’ll take a wheelbarrow full of ones to buy a wheelbarrow.

I’d rather see his picture (full-face and profile) hanging in the local post office, though.

2. SondraK, TEA Party zombie
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 2:12 pm |

small-change purposes (like buying sodas and tipping waiters)

I laughed…I cried.

JR has a one gazillion trillion Zimbabwe note he keeps framed in his office just in case.

3. Stick
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 2:15 pm |

YGBFSM

4. SherryM
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 2:44 pm |

Yes but it will take about a million of those thousand dollar bills to buy a E85 hybrids.

5. Caged Insanity
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 3:18 pm |

Are they sure they got the right image capture there? that looks like future toilet paper to me.

Posted September 27, 2011 at 3:25 pm |

Yeah, this`ll happen—–right after they mint a “Carter nickel”……(spit)

{,,,with a rabbit on the offside…}

7. AZHolmes
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 4:16 pm |

Doug says “I’d rather see his picture (full-face and profile) hanging in the local post office, though”.

I say “I’d rather see his picture (full-face is enough) on the side of a milk carton, though”.

8. Fat Baxter
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 6:10 pm |

What’s the denomination? Pesos?

9. SherryM
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 6:29 pm |

^ is there anything lower than a Peso?

Posted September 27, 2011 at 6:40 pm |

On the bright side, no live precedents get put on money.

11. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 7:06 pm |

And six inches worth of bar code – when a fifty-digit alpha-numeric serial number just won’t cut it.

(Kinda gives an idea of how many of these puppies would be printed….)

12. Buzz
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 8:31 pm |

Distant future my ass.

That narcissistic twit and his Keynesian policies could make $1000 bills with his smug profile “pocket change” by the end of 2012.

13. JFH
    Posted September 27, 2011 at 11:44 pm |

The ironic part is that Grover Cleveland is the current president on the few $1000 bills still around; the last “small government/ free market” Democrat president we’ve had. Cleveland understood economics better than Obama despite it being a relatively new “science” at the time.

14. Mr Disco
    Posted September 28, 2011 at 1:42 pm |

I had recorded the show, but stopped watching when the opening mentioned environmental crisis. When I read about the money I watched the whole thing. I wasted 2 hours of my life and at 61 I don’t have a lot to waste.

Posted September 29, 2011 at 6:46 am |

They are the green dollars the disappeared from the companies that got loans and had to declare bankrupcy. Because of the Climate Change Denial Machine they didn’t work here but on Terra Nova they do because they are made out of rice paper. With one you can buy a Coke a Cola made with real sugar. Good thing they didn’t use real tax payer dollars.

16. Posted September 29, 2011 at 7:33 am |

In Argie-Tina, three Pesos used to buy you a car…in Galtieri days(Falkland war), folks used
    to hand over their purse to the cashier to pay for groceries(3,000% inflation) and now,
    with the puta in power, there is not even pesos…folks have to feed off the dumpsters and let the kids die of hunger.

17. Posted September 29, 2011 at 7:38 am |

Take a good hard look at Argentina, it is America
    and Europe’s future you are seeing.
    Living like parasites have consequences.