mommies?

A lesbian couple in California who say their 11-year-old son Tommy may actually be a girl named Tammy are giving their child hormone blockers that delay the onset of puberty — so that he can have more time to decide exactly who he, or she, is…

…61 percent of individuals who desire a gender change are found to have secondary psychiatric disorder…

Everyone in the family should be psychologically evaluated in a comprehensive way before a step like gender reassignment is considered…

Because giving the BOY male hormones would be absurd.

1. PatrickP
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 9:51 am |

Watch this interview with an ex-transgender guy.

Posted October 17, 2011 at 10:10 am |

T?mmy is sooo fucked!

Lemme count the ways:
    1. Two female *parents*.
    2. At age 11, his “peer” group will cut him to pieces.[...that is what they do...]
    3. His teachers, by State Law, have to teach *transgender/etc.* studies.
    4. Some *Doctor* authorized his prescription.
    5. He resides in California!

The poor child`s outcome, writes itself……..

3. bocopro
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 10:26 am |

In the eternal race between human behavior, social structure, religion, law, justice, common sense, and hard physical sciences, science will always win.

4. Posted October 17, 2011 at 10:35 am |

Projecting much, his Lesbian ‘mommies’ are. Two more people to add to my book.

Gonna have to start Volume II

5. PeggyU
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 10:42 am |

What kind of doctor prescribed this hormone treatment? Is there something more about this child that we don’t know – for example, was there some question about the child’s gender at birth? I am surprised any physician would agree to administer hormones to a child unless it is medically necessary. That makes me think there is some information missing here.

6. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 10:51 am |

Child abuse, pure and simple.
    Somebody needs something cut off,
    but it ain’t the kid.

7. logdogsmith
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 10:57 am |

Gary marriage is just like regular marriage.

8. Lucius Severus Pertinax
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 10:59 am |

So HE can have more time to decide?
    Not that there is going to be any pressure, of course….

At eleven, and being brighter than most, I had all sorts of ways, overt and covert, of making the lives of adults more interesting, if MY decisions were thwarted.
    Worse, I was perfectly willing to pay the price of my exactions; indeed, factored them into my calculations.

9. Posted October 17, 2011 at 11:00 am |

Wouldn’t it be easier to flip a coin? At least then they could start deciding in which direction the psychiatrist should focus.

10. Posted October 17, 2011 at 11:20 am |

Not only is the poor kid confused about his gender, but he looks like a turkey baster.

11. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 11:34 am |

How about drowning all three of them.

12. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 12:04 pm |

Tommy/Tammy has two Mommy/Mammys

13. The Ugly American
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 12:21 pm |

How did we get here.

Honestly …the next queer who tells me they are treated as a second-class citizen is gonna get bitch-slapped.

14. SherryM
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 1:37 pm |

UGH. as if that kid dose not have other things to worry about, 11 years old? Good god.. He has his intier live ahead of him to be ridiculed why don’t they just let hem be a kid for a while.

15. Merovign
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 2:05 pm |

Oh, Jesus, kid. I wanted to be an astronaut. Life isn’t fair.

16. PeggyU
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 2:07 pm |

Ok, now after reading that article and finding out that the child was born definitely male, it appears that being raised by a same-sex couple has seriously confused the poor kid.

17. PatrickP
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 2:26 pm |

There are plenty of kids raised by a same sex couple who turn out fine. The fact that these two morons think it’s a good idea to encourage this child’s beligerence and mental illness likely refelcts the overall parenting that led to this problem in the first place. The boy should be removed from the home and the doctor charged with malpratice.

18. bocopro
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 2:31 pm |

I was raised in the 40s by my maternal grandparents . . . no biofather, and a mother whom I saw more as a sister until she remarried.

That all made me different from the other kids in my school. I did, however, have uncles, one Navy, one Marine, one Army Air Corps, two Army, who taught me how to use rifles, how to fire pistols, how to fix bicycles, and never to come home with a bloody lip with no blood on my knuckles.

I was expected to bring home superior grades, do my chores, and say “Ma’am” to all adult women and “Sir” to all adult males. I slaughtered and butchered chickens, hogs, calves, fish, rabbits, squirrels, turtles, quail, pheasant, and duck.

My uncles expected me to know how an engine worked, how to saw a board and drive a nail, how to hit and throw a baseball, and how to keep my mouth shut at meals until asked a direct question.

Mom (everybody else called her that, so I did too) expected me to tend the truck patch, stoke the furnace in wintertime, collect hickory and oak for the smokehouse, and cut the grass in summertime.

Somehow it all became clear to me fairly soon after my voice dropped and hair started growing in places it’d never grown before.

Amazing how people used to grow up to be men and women without TV, without computers, without nannies, and a clear sense of what marriage was, what patriotism was, what being responsible for oneself meant, what kind of behavior was socially acceptable, and who the hell the enemy was.

Wonder how the hell we did it without Xanax, Librium, Dr. Phil, Oprah, welfare, food stamps, MTV, and political correctness.

19. ZZMike
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 3:02 pm |

Ut’s time to consider the definition of “child abuse”.

Posted October 17, 2011 at 4:12 pm |

“Obviously, when two females adopt a male child, then assert that the child is not actually male, but is, instead, actually a female — like both of them. Everyone in the family should be psychologically evaluated in a comprehensive way before a step like gender reassignment is considered,”

It seems we never seem to run out of frontiers of sick. Yes, it is child abuse of a kind unimagined even decade ago.

I agree about removing the child and giving him an opportunity to spend a few years in a conventional, even rural home where he can get to know men, women, other children and experience a variety of activities as Bocopro mentioned.

21. PeggyU
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 5:11 pm |

Patrick – Unfortunately, I only know of two other same-sex couples who decided to raise children. Both sets are female couples, and they are the sort of people who feel their orientation is anybody and everybody’s business.

In one case, the couple ended up divorcing, and now there is a horrid custody battle going on because the biological mother claims the children are not “related” to the mother’s partner. The kids are caught in the middle.

In the other case, the mothers (both white professors) chose to use artificial insemination and decided they wanted a black child. They had a son. Some friends of ours went through the Lamaze class with these women and said they were belligerent and demanding. They obviously had an axe to grind and were making a statement. I don’t understand why, though, they would deliberately stack the deck against a child by intentionally throwing a racial element in as well. It seems as if they were using him to advertise an agenda and create conflict … and that is cruel, IMO.

22. TheOldMan
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 5:11 pm |

I don’t need to psychologically evaluate them at all, they’ve already done that themselves. Regular, large doses of thorazine will take care of the problem.

23. katzemeow
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 5:15 pm |

There was a of horror film based on this premise. “mother figure” (I think it was the aunt) forced little boy to be a little girl (because she already had a boy) little “girl” became a psycho.

24. Posted October 17, 2011 at 7:01 pm |

Patrick, I must admit that I don’t have any Geh Friends….. But you could most likely be one. You like a certain way, I like another……but our values coincide. Good on you.

I don’t speak of my private bedroom antics, and neither do you.

It’s the way it should be in polite society.

25. PatrickP
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 8:07 pm |

Thank, Wollf. I’m really the coolest ghey guy I know.

26. PeggyU
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 12:48 am |

Patrick – There may be gay couples who raise well adjusted kids.There are certainly straight couples who raise screwed up ones!

My parents had a gay friend who stayed with his wife for the sake of their children, until they were grown and had left home. He and his wife then divorced. His first priority was his kids. Before I read the article, I thought the parents might have been getting unfairly smeared. I had assumed that the child had been one of those unfortunate people who had some congenital anatomical ambiguity. In that case, the parents would have had to find out whether the child was chromosomally male or female – and would have had to make an informed decision as to how to best handle the situation.

After reading the article, though, and learning that these were not the circumstances, I don’t believe these women have prioritized their child’s well being. They remind me of the militant, in-your-face gay people who want to be sure you are aware that they are gay and that you don’t abuse their “rights” – including their “right” to parent. Like most squeaky wheels, they get the attention.

Gay parents who raise kids without making a deliberate public issue of it don’t get noticed. I’m sure their kids appreciate that … especially when they reach middle school!

27. PatrickP
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 10:13 am |

Peggy, you and I see things pretty similarly on this issue.

28. SondraK, TEA Party zombie
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 10:16 am |

I have a “thing” about people who dramatically mutilate themselves because of mental issues.

I just don’t understand why men who THINK they are women don’t simply take more male hormones rather than the route of TRYING to change themselves into women.

Someone I care about very much is going through this process and sorry….but he’s a very messed up guy with many OTHER issues. And this whole thing isn’t really making him any happier…or better……..

29. Posted October 18, 2011 at 3:26 pm |

Wait, I thought sexual orientation wasn’t a choice, but was instead dictated by someone’s physiology?

30. ZZMike
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 7:42 pm |

Phelps: “… dictated by someone’s physiology?”

How old-fashioned. How Last century. Nowadays, you get to decide much later – around 18 or so, what you want to be. Just ask Chastity/Chaz Bono.

It’s too bad this hasn’t caught on in China (where the “one child – period” policy has resulted in uncounted abortions of girls). Just switch ‘em when the time comes.