what #Occupied Europe needs is a …

… Tea Party

~ vid & ref links ~
The parallels are chilling.
(What? No, not just to Churchill’s “The Gathering Storm” but to ours.)

Lloyd in comments (4)

Oh, and this is even better!

vid

Posted November 29, 2011 at 9:06 pm |

That is the first time I have sensed fear and finality in his voice. I doubt Europe can avoid the flames. I intend to do my duty as a Tea Party member to prevent that happening here. We are the sons and daughters of those who left Europe for similar reasons….

2. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted November 29, 2011 at 9:13 pm |

^ ColJ,
    Yeah, I noticed that, too.
    It’s as if he feared Europeans more than Islamists.
    Can’t blame ‘im. I mean, you know, 20thC history an’ all that.

3. Ironic in Denver
    Posted November 29, 2011 at 11:39 pm |

He is as articulate as always, and what he says may all be true…
    the situation over there is MUCH more complex than most think, and I am not sufficiently informed to have a defensible opinion….
    However; he is addressing the European Union problem, whereas I think that the OTHER problem ** individual European socialist states deficit-spending themselves into financial oblivion on public employee unions, welfare, and state giveaways ** is where the immediate catastrophe is coming from.

A serious caution in understanding what is happening is to understand that the civil outrage and unrest is NOT stemming from irresponsible governments spending what they haven’t got on public sector over-employment and social programs….

Rather, it is coming from the outrage of the recipients of this unsustainable largess experiencing, or at least fearing, any CUT in something their nations cannot afford.

The problem with their democracies is that they are voting to spend what they haven’t got and then blaming their politicians, rather than themselves, for having done what they were elected to do. The overturns in Greece and Italy don’t look to me like the revenge of responsible voters but rather the anger of irresponsible ones.

If all that I’ve said is true (and I stand ready for further enlightenment) then European democracy is not working any more than “democracies” in islamic countries are working when the vote themselves in totalitarian fundamentalists who work at crushing freedom and implementing sharia law.

I am pretty pessimistic about all of the above. Although it is still possible that some miracle will occur, this all reminds me a great deal of the 1920-30s lead up to World War Two.

For ourselves, the more immediate lesson is to look at Europe’s plight, notice how far we have gone down the same road, and pull back NOW.

4. LLoyd
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 12:30 am |

And this is Nigel Farage on the same ‘subject’ taking down 4 of the a-holes in the EU.

Damn this guy Nigel is great and he spanks the heck out them here. Go and be entertained and encouraged of us getting a few like him in our Congress:

5. Spin
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 12:45 am |

Today is 11-30-2011 30-11-2011 in Britain. Watch the end of an Empire as it unfolds today.
    “Just look for the union label” as they used to say.

And I find the whole “it can’t happen here” mantra just a bit suicidal, at least from my vantage point.

6. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 10:16 am |

That Farage guy rocks. He’s my hero in the vein of Ezra Levant.