mmmm mmm mm wtf

Earlier this week, a Virginia-based organization came under fire for leading 3rd grade students at Woodbrook Elementary in Charlottesville to write a song titled “We Are Part of the 99.”

The song, with its reference to the 1 percent and 99 percent was obviously talking about the Occupy protests that occurred around the country.

According to the school district’s story, the students wrote:

I used to be part of the 1 percent

I worked all the time

Never saw my family

Couldn’t make life rhyme

Then the bubble burst…

1. Posted January 4, 2012 at 9:49 pm |

Wish I could laugh at this, but it only makes me angry. Really angry.

2. Another Bob
    Posted January 4, 2012 at 10:23 pm |

In junior high they’ll be getting brown uniforms and nightsticks.

3. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted January 4, 2012 at 10:36 pm |

Those moppets are way too well-dressed to be North Korean.

Right mind-set, though.

Or should I say, mind-wash, -set, and -perm.

4. Mumblix Grumph
    Posted January 4, 2012 at 10:51 pm |

I used to be one of the 1 percent
    I worked all the time
    Never saw my family
    Couldn’t make life rhyme
    Then the bubble burst

Buddy, can you spare a dime?

5. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted January 4, 2012 at 11:37 pm |

Yup, third graders sure wrote that. Yup.

6. Caged Insanity
    Posted January 5, 2012 at 1:38 am |

If people are dumb enough to believe that 3rd graders wrote that propoganda, then the media will sell it as exactly that.

7. SherryM
    Posted January 5, 2012 at 3:09 am |

It is all part of the indoctrination process.

Posted January 5, 2012 at 7:02 am |

Sooo if it’s great to be poor and homeless why are they going to school? Orrrr— are the next semesters required We are Part of the 99 class credits going to be how to live on the streets? Once you pass that class you’re outa there– no diploma required —it will be just the ability to cut cardboard and make your own written with a magic marker sign — no correct spelling required. Sounds like a plan.

9. Posted January 5, 2012 at 7:04 am |

It’s what they do…

They got my sister in college. She’s completely indoctrinated.

10. Paladin
    Posted January 5, 2012 at 7:34 am |

I don’t think 1 percent means what they think it means.

Then again, it’s the public school system.

Posted January 5, 2012 at 7:35 am |

The more I look at the picture the more it makes me wonder of what it would be like to live in a country where everyone looks alike– I’d like to know more about the picture–
    This article doesn’t surprise me I know all too well about students conforming in our schools system.

12. apotheosis
    Posted January 5, 2012 at 8:10 am |

Doesn’t have to be this way, folks. Mine are public schooled and sure as hell don’t toe the lefty line.

It’s all about parents being around to offer a counterpoint. Assuming they aren’t indoctrinated themselves, of course.

Posted January 5, 2012 at 10:02 am |

My guess is the Nork chillrens are crying cause they were issued warm jackets for the pitcher, but told they couldn`t keep em…………

As to this post, using little kids for campaign purposes ain`t no misdemeanor, it is a high crime!

14. Paladin
    Posted January 5, 2012 at 10:27 am |

My kids are in the public schools, but I’m one of those weird parents who is actually engaged. I find out what my kids are learning, especially in history classes, and use that as a springboard to explain the hows and whys.
    I’m so proud of my two oldest boys -in middle school and high school- because they actually understand governments, economics, why freedom works best all around, and real world examples of that.

15. AZHolmes
    Posted January 5, 2012 at 12:03 pm |

It sounds so much nicer when sung in its’ original German…

16. AZHolmes
    Posted January 5, 2012 at 12:07 pm |

After thinking “its’” didn’t look right, and looking it up, I have now added “it’s/its” to my list of Grammar peeves.

17. Posted January 5, 2012 at 12:36 pm |

Dey all look same. Waddup wit dat, my ninja?

18. Buzz
    Posted January 5, 2012 at 4:17 pm |

You’re getting close to discovering the end game, geezerette.
    Why is everyone expected to get a college degree?
    Does it make sense?
    Hell no, it doesn’t. We need trade/skill education, also.

Ask yourself, why do so many of the OWS nutjobs have undergrad/advanced degrees in areas with few, if any, jobs? (not to mention decent paying jobs, except being a professor of the subject)
    What’s the point?
    What’s the benefit to society?
    We know our society is horribly lagging behind our world competitors in science and math, yet we continue to churn out graduates in social sciences and hardened sexism/racism/victimism. Why?

It will all be clear when we have two successive generations of subjects that can’t take care of their own basic needs, dependent on government to provide….