take this job crap and shove it

Palin on Alaska job: I can’t take it anymore

…Emails released Thursday, most from the last 10 months of her time in office, show she told her husband in April, “I can’t take it anymore” and complained to spokeswoman Sharon Leighow and aide Kris Perry in March that she had been the target of “many frivolous suits and charges since the DAY I became VP candidate.”

“I can’t afford this job,” she wrote.

The emails illustrate what Palin has said all along
: After running for vice president unsuccessfully with John McCain, she returned to Alaska to find that the financial and emotional drain of her gubernatorial job was too much. She flirted with a presidential run last year, but told supporters she instead was dedicating herself to “God, family and country.” She currently serves as a commentator on Fox News.

In a March 19, 2009, email, Palin complained that more than 150 freedom of information requests had cost the state more than $1 million, adding: “and who knows what all the bogus ethics charges have cost the state.”

She expressed anger at having to pay for her own defense, with a bill that at that point totaled more than $500,000, and said her husband had to go back to work on the North Slope to help deal with the growing costs.

“We’ve all had to pay for our OWN legal defense in this political bloodsport — it’s horrendous — why do you think Todd is on the slope today?” Palin wrote. “I am paying to defend in my capacity as GOVERNORactions taken in my official position. This is unheard of anywhere else.”

1. snap-e-tom
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 11:27 am |

Sounds like she had a good reason to resign.

2. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 11:33 am |

I love the headline….they just can’t admit that she was right all along……….

3. Posted February 24, 2012 at 12:54 pm |

And all 14 frivolous ethics lawsuits were dismissed as being without merit, but it cost a bundle to defend against them.

If Alaska had a “loser pays” law there would be 14 homeless losers over this, but instead their favorite crow is now about how she quit her job and how terrible that makes her.

And, of course, stupid. Boy is she stupid. People the worthless scum who spout this nonsense immediately go on my “list”.

Watch Undefeated on Netflix. Do it right now. If you haven’t got Netflix, get it now just to watch this movie. It’s only $7.99/mo. and you can get the first month for free and cancel right after you see this movie, but I doubt if you will. It’s the best entertainment value on the planet. Even better than a kitten. They cost more.

Posted February 24, 2012 at 1:51 pm |

I can still hear the drill baby drill—she is soooo stuuuupid!! All along she was ignoring all the algae in Alaska.

Posted February 24, 2012 at 1:59 pm |

AND of course, McPain and the Stoopid Party LEAPED around Sarah, forming a final protective line + coughing up every fucking dime to protect THEIR selected vice presidential candidate! The Establishment Republicans are drooling at the prospect that the Tea Party is gonna cast the RATz adrift in a leaky dinghy and sail away…. But, what they are too stoopid to grasp is:—-The Tea Party is gonna do the SAME FUCKING thing to them——with only one difference. The ER Stoopids will be tossed over the ship of state ship`s stern with nothing but life vests………….Then midshipmen West, Rand, Rubio and their like-minded will be promoted to Captain & offciers of our ship of state!!!!

6. snap-e-tom
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 2:43 pm |

And Mike Lee, too ^

7. TimO
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 3:03 pm |

Vendettas, especially from the Leftists, are often like that….

8. MCPO
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 3:08 pm |

Our side is playing soccer and the other side is playing Irish hurling. And we wonder why so many of our folks end up bloodied and on the sidelines?!

9. bigbadjohn
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm |

Um, This comments if from 2009 ??

10. Merovign
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm |

The left makes up their own version of reality and then spends their entire lives trying to enforce it. I can’t tell you how many meltdowns I saw by relatively innocent liberals trying to prove that recounts showed Gore won in 2000 – the more they looked, the less they wanted to talk about it. Just for one of thousands of examples.

Political terrorists burned down her church, occupied (the people escaped), in Alaska. Lefty websites piped up with headlines implying it was an accident, or adding “LOL” at the end. Tells you a lot about them.

11. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 5:12 pm |

Hog…we watched it about a month ago. The montage at the beginning will haunt me for the rest of my life.

And sorry, Steve, but Andrew Breitbart is my hero for what he said in the film alone.

12. RAK
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 5:43 pm |

“loser pays” …YES! & the state should have covered the cost in the first place and I sure as hell hope the Palins have been re-reimbursed. As for the Evil, yes Evil f’n hat brought about these suitsI’d just as soon kick em in the ribs until they spit blood, as look at em. Anne Kilkinny you worthless piece of Commie trash…

13. Ironic in Denver
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 7:44 pm |

If the Republican establishment had had an ounce of moral fiber, or even the slightest essence of a moral compass, it would have scraped up the funds at the national level to defend their former vice-presidential candidate, who was obviously being attacked because of her role at the national level. But they didn’t.

They didn’t because they hadn’t wanted her in the first place. She was everything they weren’t: an honest-to-god person of the people, principled, popular, and in touch with at least a part of the base that the establishment ignores and/or takes for granted. She was anything but part of their “class” — country club insiders without the slightest regard for anything beyond their own imagined advantage.

Oh, and by the way, hate to say it but she is a woman.

This entire sorry fiasco is one of the many reasons that most conservatives I know will say flatly that the Republican Party does NOT represent them. (But where else can they go to vote? Sigh.)

One last point:

Some of us (me, for instance) like to rant about the Stupid Party not representing us (which it pretty much doesn’t), but in talking about “establishment Republicans” we often miss a really important segment of the Republican establishment — the so called campaign managers, election operatives, etc. that literally make millions for themselves running and ruining Republican campaigns.

1) A lot of these people are as out of touch as anyone in existence.

2) A fair number of them are not conservatives in any real sense, unless the terms “conservative” and “self-serving opportunist” are synonyms, which I think they are not. These people are simply denizens of the world of politics.

3) A good many of them give new meaning to the term “inept” and do their candidates far more harm than good.

Of course, I do not mean ALL Republican campaign managers, etc. I just mean far too many of them, and what they do is reinforce the hold of establishment Republican culture on the party while reducing the impact of the rest of us on both the party and on politics. I think that the McCain campaign in general was partly a victim of this, with Sarah Palin in particular suffering from it. Michelle Bachman’s recent primary campaign probably had a bad case of it too.

Just to validate my viewpoint here a little: I’m not especially a Sarah fan, or at least not a fanatic. I doubt she was really ready for a vice-presidential bid under the circumstances in which it happened, and I don’t think she can win a national presidential campaign. She needs more seasoning and stronger credentials, especially in elected office, which I have no idea how she can get from where she is now. Also, the national Republican power structure would have to turn around and support her, which the current one almost certainly will not — nor, frankly, will it support any other genuinely conservative woman from outside their little country club elite set.

(they might support some woman who’s a member of their little club, particularly if she’s, say, the wife of some famous Republican beltway insider, but that hardly counts, and even then I bet they wouldn’t)

This is all a serious shame. Personally I wish Sarah could get there. I wish Republicans would take seriously the process of moving conservative women (yeah and conservative men too) up the ladder. Perhaps I misread the party, but I think it is still the Good Old Boys’ Party.

I don’t mean all this as just a rant on the Republican establishment’s lack of support for women with aspirations.

I think it crushes the life out of every aspiring politician who’s not a member of the club, regardless of gender, but that it’s worse for women.
    Which is how Sarah Palin came to find herself thrown to the wolves after having dropped a perfectly good life in answer to a higher call.

I hope the tea party takes over the grass roots of the Republican party and start marginalizing the over-entitled members of this clique. That may not have been the original intent of the movement, but I bet that’s how things wind up in the end, and personally I can hardly wait.

14. Melissa In Texas
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 11:11 am |

Loser pays…. what a remarkable concept.
    What happened to the Palins was absolutely despicable, yet it is the nature of politics. The attacks on Sarah were so vile it was unbelievable.

That the Republican party left them to fend for themselves, refusing to circle the wagons around this brave woman and her family was unforgivable, in my eyes.

The advent of the electronic media has forever changed how politicians will be able to function. Innuendo, passed off as fact by so many in the media will continue to shape our elections and the mean spirit, downright evil people, particularly coveted and cultivated by the left, I fear are here to forever stain those who would be bold enough to step forward to take a place in running our country.

15. Joebandmember
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 3:07 pm |

The more they hate her, the more I love her.