tonight’s KisP fun facts

…In a 2003 study of Planned Parenthood and other independently owned abortion facilities, 99 percent of these clinics admitted that they either “always” or “sometimes” perform an ultrasound in association with a surgical abortion. Further, it was stated that vaginal ultrasounds were “always” performed before the early surgical abortion at 83 percent of these sites, 16 percent “under certain conditions,” and only 1 percent “never” did them.

Additionally, the study revealed that after an abortion was performed, vaginal ultrasounds were also “always” performed at 26 percent of these sites, “under certain conditions” at 66 percent of these sites, and “never” at 8 percent.

Planned Parenthood even admits they do ultrasounds before an abortion: “That’s just the medical standard,” said Adrienne Schreiber, an official at Planned Parenthood’s Washington, D.C., regional office. “To confirm the gestational age of the pregnancy, before any procedure is done, you do an ultrasound.”…

In the Commonwealth of Virginia the left has a new attack against those that want to regulate abortions. The legislature in the Old Dominion introduced legislation to require ultrasounds to be performed before an abortion could be performed. Idiotically, leftists cried foul claiming the requirement is somehow “like” getting raped

Posted February 24, 2012 at 9:51 pm |

Not fair to confuse the public with the truth.

2. John A
    Posted February 24, 2012 at 11:47 pm |

And the patient may ask to see it – but it is not mandatory. I recently had a double bypass – was not shown the X-rays or other diagnostic scans: should that be mandatory?

No, I am not all that much in favor of abortion. Neither am I in favor of showing a woman who must have an abortion for medical reasons “And this is a scan/picture of the baby you will never have” unless she asks to see it.

3. Posted February 25, 2012 at 4:22 am |

I have never, personally, performed a “vaginal ultrasound” although sometimes they do make sounds.

… running for my life now…

(Signed),

The Thread Killer

4. Stick
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 6:11 am |

My son just sent ultrasound pictures of my forthcoming Grandchild at 8 weeks. We are already guessing girl.

No wonder they don’t show the pictures to their deadbeat clients. It would cut abortions in half, destroying their balance sheet.

5. Posted February 25, 2012 at 7:15 am |

One of the complaints I heard on this is that the ultrasound is an “unnecessary procedure”, Most abortions these days are also unnecessary.

6. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 8:13 am |

“The Rapists?”
    That’s a bit harsh.

7. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 9:12 am |

^ No, Doug, I don’t think it’s harsh. I think it’s right on the money.

8. PeggyU
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 9:46 am |

Congrats, Stick! :)

9. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 10:11 am |

Doug, the left is calling this akin to the rape of the woman….to force the ultrasound before an abortion.

I’ve updated….I just assumed ( I’m an ass ) that most people were aware of this.

10. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted February 25, 2012 at 10:36 am |

LoF (7) Missy (9)
    That was a pure, bitter sarcastic pun on my part.
    You are, as always, absolutely right.
    (What? Okay, I was merely seconding Missy’s pun.)