kicking that tree’s ass

March 8, 2012:

Another pig….and a media association has hired the pig, Louis C.K., to be their headliner for the big media dinner? Really? I am not going. I refuse to go. Everyone in the media should join me in this boycott.

The headliner of this year’s Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner is “comedian” Louis C.K. Comedian? I don’t think so. Pig? yes.

He uses filthy language about women…..yes, the C word…and yes, even to describe a woman candidate for Vice President of the United States. It isn’t just Governor Palin he denigrates. He denigrates all women and looks to the crowd to laugh.

I refuse to show any support for this guy or for the Radio and Television Correspondents Association Dinner Committee who hired him. I think the organization that hired him is just as bad as he is. It is no secret that he denigrates women…

Louis C.K. has been ousted as the headline act in the annual Radio and Television Correspondents Association Dinner hosted in DC…

Finish your assignment! »

1. Joebandmember
    Posted March 11, 2012 at 7:14 pm |

Is this country going to ever wake up to the gross double standard of the left and their wankers in the media?

2. Freddie Sykes
    Posted March 11, 2012 at 7:34 pm |

I hear that the vulgar fool withdrew rather than that he was disinvited. I am guessing the Association is trying to take credit when they deserve none,

Posted March 11, 2012 at 7:40 pm |

Feathers and all—

4. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted March 11, 2012 at 7:59 pm |

Freddie Sykes, why would anyone give up such a high profile gig like that?

5. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted March 11, 2012 at 8:00 pm |

…certainly a “comedian” that I’ve never heard before this but is now famous for calling a woman a c**t…

6. Lance
    Posted March 11, 2012 at 8:10 pm |

Good for you Greta!
    I really like your forthright statement & I wish all other women
    who feel the way you do, would also speak out in similar manner.

7. ZZMike
    Posted March 11, 2012 at 8:20 pm |

Sounds like more people than Van Sustern let the organization know that he’s not quite up to high standards exemplified by Radio and Television Correspondents.

Sometimes the good guys win.

Posted March 11, 2012 at 8:56 pm |

Just this once, I like the phrase “raising awareness”. Sometimes it comes in the form of a kick in the teeth. Good for Van Susteren

9. Posted March 12, 2012 at 2:16 am |

Son-of-a-bitch!!! That’s the second time today that one of my posts disappeared! I know they’re not exactly classical literature, butt still.

10. Posted March 12, 2012 at 2:28 am |

Which reminds me…

Be still, my butt, I pray ye. Whether ’tis nobler to suffer the slings and [no, that's not it...] is oft’ interred with their bones [no, that's not it either].

Sorry. Nevermind. It was all just much ado about nothing.

11. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted March 12, 2012 at 9:08 am |

Trouble with this whole episode is that it’s couched in terms of political correctness, a kind of protected-political-class issue.
    It should be addressed as a bad-manners, foul-language, decorum issue.
    Nope, the left doesn’t recognize those, because that would interfere with their goal of tearing down conventionalities.
    Political standards must replace conventional, moral, and ethical standards for individual public behavior.
    So… PC it is

12. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted March 12, 2012 at 9:33 am |

Hog (10)
    Your midsummer night’s dream in that little hamlet of yours could result in a comedy of errors; but measure for measure, I suppose that’s as you like it. Be careful, though, love’s labor’s lost if you turn it into a tempest in a teapot on the twelfth night, but I’ll leave that for another winter’s tale. Besides, I macbeth it’ll give a’thello a cori ol’ anus.
    Great Caesar’s ghost, you’re not just some Timon, Richard, or Henry and their merry wives who’ll just fuking lear at Titus an’ Dronicus an’ Tony an’ Cleopatra. C’mon, grow a pair’a cles.
    Anyway, all’s well that ends well.
    (The rest are too hard, too much of a stretch, even for me; and I’m late.)

13. ZZMike
    Posted March 12, 2012 at 11:01 am |

DougM: Gadzooks, sirrah! Methinks thou hast become addlepated from a surfeit of Shakspere. ‘Tis an error of comedies.

[PS: Even Shakespeare wasn't too finicky about how he spelled it.]

14. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted March 12, 2012 at 12:45 pm |

^ fynikeye

15. Freddie Sykes
    Posted March 12, 2012 at 2:35 pm |

Queen SondraK:

I am just reporting what I heard. Unlike progressives, I cannot see into the hearts of men. Supposedly, he has a Fox show and maybe did not want to lose half his audience.

I find it easier to believe that a single man acted out of belated decency than the RCTA as a whole.

Louis C.K. Pulls Out of Radio & Television Congressional Correspondence Dinner Speech

According to CNN’s Peter Hamby, however, Van Susteren’s blustering wasn’t to blame for the Emmy award-winning comedian’s decision to drop out:

Peter Hamby @PeterHambyCNN

Louis CK cancels on RTCA Dinner … His agent: “He just didn’t want to do it anymore.”

16. Ironic in Denver
    Posted March 12, 2012 at 4:58 pm |

I’d like to know how it is disrespectful to women in general to refer to some woman who has said that she is promiscuous as a slut, but it is ok for leftists to refer to women they don’t like by using the c-word.

Actually, I do not like the word slut, and would not use it myself, regardless of context, but seems reasonable to ask about it in this context.

On a lighter note, one of the joys of ebooks is that one can now download all of Shakespeare for free, as well as many others.

17. Lance
    Posted March 13, 2012 at 9:13 am |

IinD, There you go again, tryin’ to be reasonable, rational &
    civilized, talkin’ bout the leftists. Won’t you ever learn, Sheeesh!

Thanks much for the info ’bout Willy’s books & writin’ on ebooks!
    I better get the Kindle I want soon & download those post-haste.
    If’n I read, study & memorize day & nite for a while, then ,maybe
    I’ll be able to engage in repartee* with DougM,
    raight cheer on da Porch!
    *new wurd I jus’ look up to attempt to keep up wid DougM!

18. ZZMike
    Posted March 13, 2012 at 5:06 pm |

Just to put things in order, lay down a little etymology:

“c.1400, “a dirty, slovenly, or untidy woman,” probably cognate with dialectal Ger. Schlutt “slovenly woman,” dialectal Swed. slata “idle woman, slut,” and Du. slodder “slut,” but the ultimate origin is doubtful.”

That’s no help at all.

In modern culture (I use that word loosely):

“Specimen are a British band formed in the 1980s…. Jonny Slut became the face of the band and its most famous member, due largely to his striking image and fashion sense.”

(I have a feeling they’re using the word “fashion” in a sense unknown to us.)

Here’s a photo the the above-mentioned fashion plate.