comedy is tragedy plus time plus a heaping cup of misogyny

I let the audience be the guide. The bit I did about Palin using the word c—, one of the biggest laughs in my act, I did it all over the country, not one person ever registered disapproval, and believe me, audiences are not afraid to let you know.

Finish your assignment! »

1. Joebandmember
    Posted March 15, 2012 at 6:26 pm |

Bill Maher is a professional felcher.

A spoon in each hand.

2. The Ugly American
    Posted March 15, 2012 at 6:52 pm |

3. Mumblix Grumph
    Posted March 15, 2012 at 6:53 pm |

Aw, don’t be too hard on the li’l fella. It can’t be easy knowing that if he didn’t have a TV show and money he’d be getting less sex than a eunuch in Vermont.

Short, unattractive guys like Maher think all women are whores because they’re the only ones that will have anything to do with him. Seriously, can you picture a real woman like Sarah Palin or Condi Rice with this guy?

4. Ironic in Denver
    Posted March 15, 2012 at 7:21 pm |

Mumblix ^ I can imagine a real woman slapping that disgusting little shit silly. Is that what you meant? ;-)

And on a completely off subject matter, that I cannot wait to post somewhere, the mainstream media has gotten a Biden quote misspelled (yes, I’m sure of it). They said he said: “Biden lauds Obama as man of ‘steel’ in campaign push.”

But that can’t be right, Obama is the “Man of Steal,” not steel…. shouldn’t professionals learn to spell?

I wouldn’t bother reading past that headline in that link. It’s all the usual turgid Alice-in-Wonderland Goebbels-speak they are famous for.

5. The Ugly American
    Posted March 15, 2012 at 8:06 pm |

6. Posted March 15, 2012 at 8:33 pm |

How much does “Professional Felcher” pay, anyway?

just curious. im asking for a friend.

7. Lee
    Posted March 15, 2012 at 9:13 pm |

“Bill Maher is a professional felcher.”

Excellent! That’s the best description of that little prick I have heard.

8. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted March 15, 2012 at 9:45 pm |

Hey….shouldn’t that audience clapping for the “private citizen” be Congress?

9. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted March 15, 2012 at 9:59 pm |

He’s not a comedian, a comic, or a droll observer.
    He’s a clown.
    No, that’s not quite right.
    He’s the opening act who explains to the “cool” people in the audience what the King considers funny.
    That makes him a jester.
    Do you find it… risible?

10. Lucius Severus Pertinax
    Posted March 15, 2012 at 11:55 pm |

GREAT IDEA for a bumper sticker I just had!

HONK IF YOU FUCKED FLUKE!

11. Ironic in Denver
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 12:23 am |

HONK IF YOU FUCKED FLUKE!

LOL==> and then, a deathly silence descends on the streets and highways of America, as it turns out that….

12. DocB
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 3:00 am |

Not exactly apples=oranges, but the character assassination by the left to ‘Joe the Plumber’ honestly was worse.
    I’ll add one more thing – the left’s ‘do as I say, not as I do’ attitude remains consistent.

13. Freddie Sykes
    Posted March 16, 2012 at 6:35 am |

Unfortunately, Maher has not been funny since “Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death.”

14. Posted March 16, 2012 at 7:37 am |

I stopped watching back in his “Politically Incorrect” days because he was too politically correct.

Posted March 16, 2012 at 9:12 am |

Your ability to rationalize your own bad deeds makes you believe that the whole world is as amoral as you are. Sum scmart guy, name of Doug Coupland