academiciness 101: shark jumping

http://www.sondrakistan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Norgaard1.jpgProfessor Gary Kari Busey Norgaard, who is currently appearing at the ‘Planet Under Pressure’ conference in London, has presented a paper in which she argues that “cultural resistance” to accepting the premise that humans are responsible for climate change “must be recognized and treated” as an aberrant sociological behavior. [She] equates skepticism of climate change alarmists … with racism, noting that overcoming such viewpoints poses a similar challenge “to racism or slavery in the U.S. South.”

“Professor Norgaard considers that fuzzy-studies academics such as herself must stand shoulder to shoulder with the actual real climate scientists who know some maths in an effort to change society and individuals for their own good. [more]

I’m gonna quit right there, because I have an early wake-up call, and y’all prob’ly already know what I’d say anyways.
Still, you might wanna wander over to the article and entertain yourselves with what appears to be a collective psychotic episode.

“Actual real climate scientists who know some maths” comment.

KisP ref 1
KisP ref 2

Gary Busey idea from Jess in comments (6)

I’m awarding this to the entire conference

UPDATE: Soylent Green has done me the honor of posting this on his sidebar.
We’re gonna be famous, I tell ya!

1. Claire: barbarian, etc
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 9:52 pm |

No One expects the Greenish Inquisition!!

Posted March 30, 2012 at 10:00 pm |

She has the goofy look of a long term swamp gas snorter.
    Eight plus years of eco/environmental/social/angry studies will do that.
    Bet she uses coal fired electricity, a petrochemical plastics cell phone and machine-made clothing though.
    Another one for the Rainbow Six list.

3. SherryM
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 12:03 am |

She looks like someone who’s only retort to a real debate is to call them names.

4. Spin
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 12:23 am |

She’s one of those women that looks better when she’s leaving.

Never knew a human butt could … ah…. move that way.

5. Lucius Severus Pertinax
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 12:32 am |

Eugenicists, indeed; she looks like a couple of her chromosomes got bent!

6. Jess
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 4:14 am |

I think they paid Gary Busey to dress in drag and boilerhoused the article as a joke.

7. Posted March 31, 2012 at 4:14 am |

Zounds! It appears you’ve bested me once again you fiend. I posted mine anyway.

Posted March 31, 2012 at 6:06 am |

She’ll be having a bit part on the Big Bang Theory.

9. Thunderbottom
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 6:22 am |

“… [She] equates skepticism of climate change alarmists … with racism people who disagree with MEEEEEEE! Reminds me of the bad old days of the Soviet Union when Soviet “psychiatrists” classified dissidents as “insane” and had them sent to the psikuskas (government-run “psychiatric” clinics). And this is a home-groan ditz – from Oregon (looks like she’d be a fun-date; after 10 minutes in the restaurant with her, her date would be frantically signalling for the check).

10. Thunderbottom
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 6:38 am |

#8, Geezerette: “Professor” Nordgaard’s character would probably be even more irritating than Sheldon’s girl “friend” played by that former “Blossom” chick.

Posted March 31, 2012 at 7:18 am |

–#10 Yup— that’s what I was thinking— she’s fit right in– she wouldn’t even have to be acting–

Posted March 31, 2012 at 7:19 am |

She’d fit right in—

13. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 7:33 am |

Rodge (7)
    [wrings hands, sneers, tweaks mustache]
    Your mind… it needs a firewall.
    *muahahaha*

Jess (6)
    Yes… yesssss.
    I may have to do something with that.
    A rollover, mebbe?
    No, wait… an animated .gif. Yeahhhh.
    Hang on a minute.

Thunderbottom (9)
    Bingo! on the psikhushka (психушка) ref.

Posted March 31, 2012 at 8:06 am |

For allus Southren boys n girls, a warning: “DO NOT git into a *corn on the cob* eatin contest with this horseface!” (…with them teeth she could be a bushel ahead, afore you pulled the cornsilks offa a single cob…)

Posted March 31, 2012 at 8:19 am |

An a question: “Izzat the same chick that RKOF&S always pitchers when he posts about the subject of guns?” (…talkin bout the one whose *high-powered recoil absorber* is getting tested by a red tennis shoed member of the gun crew…)

16. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 8:37 am |

Your mind… it needs a firewall.

That was awesome!

17. logdogsmith
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 8:38 am |

The first time had no Busey pic.

Ha!

18. logdogsmith
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 8:50 am |

Dick,

I read Rainbow Six for the first time in the last couple years. It was believable.

If I had read it when first published, “I” would not have thought it possible.

19. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 8:53 am |

ColJ (15)
    A keen observer of gluteodynamics, are we?

logdog (17)
    Yeah, Jess (6) hit the 10-ring with that observation.

20. Posted March 31, 2012 at 10:02 am |

Is she playing Rick Moranis part in Ghostbusters 4? Jeez, but the Left has some butt ugly wimmin folks. No wonder they’re always so pissed off.

21. greenlantern2011
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 11:43 am |

I think this is the Left’s latest entry into “our wimmin are just as sexy as Sarah Palin and look, she’s way more funn…smar…oh, please now, just kill us” competition.

22. Merovign
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 12:58 pm |

Ah, the eternal plaintive cry of the professional do-nothing: “Why don’t people just OBEEEEEY my kooky directives! Why do I have to PROOOOOVE anything?”

I do feel a tiny bit of sympathy, however. It must be painful to have your own side engaged in so much fraud. The obvious answer would be to not do that, but we are talking about academics here, so “obvious” doesn’t really enter into it.

23. Posted March 31, 2012 at 1:37 pm |

She looks like that psycho PETA bitch that offered a reward for anyone slitting the throat of a kid wearing fur.

24. tctsunami
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 2:18 pm |

I don’t care if it’s 3AM, I’m drunk on my ass, last call and she’s the only chick left in the bar.
    She’s NOT giving me a B.J.

25. Paul
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 3:33 pm |

The USSR, where communism was unquestioned science, used to put people in the psycho wards if they asked the big “why” and ‘why not’ about communism. They called it ‘bourgeoisies tendencies’ and locked them up.

So this Professor says anyone who questions their ‘science’ is nuts. That’s true liberalism. For liberalism is a form of Totalitarianism. As Al Gore said, “shut up, the science is settled’.

26. Ironic in Denver
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 4:58 pm |

Never knew a human butt could … ah…. move that way.

I’m wondering if it’s maybe one of those life-size inflatable doll things…..

27. TimO
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 6:58 pm |

Just looked up her bio…… she’s MARRIED????

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON’T LET IT BREED!!!!!!

28. Posted March 31, 2012 at 7:13 pm |

^^ is she married to Busey? ….. I agree, that is one deranged fugley woman. I wouldn’t do that with Doug’s pee pee……

29. Posted March 31, 2012 at 8:07 pm |

30. Thunderbottom
    Posted March 31, 2012 at 8:42 pm |

Tctsunami #24: a guy would reeeealy have to hate his dick to have that set of choppers clamped around it.
    TimO #27: I wouldn’t worry about her breeding; the good professor probably personally administered the vasectomy to her husband using those teeth!

Posted March 31, 2012 at 10:18 pm |

using those teeth!
    I hear she castrates sheep in her spare time.

32. Spin
    Posted April 1, 2012 at 12:34 am |

♪♫ Circumcisions, DONE DIRT CHEAP♫♪

/think ACDC/

33. Thunderbottom
    Posted April 1, 2012 at 5:03 am |

#31, Dick, not quite dead white guy: “I hear she castrates sheep in her spare time.” as well as any male students unfortunate enough to attend her classes.

34. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted April 1, 2012 at 6:22 am |

Well, reckon folks can’t help their genetics.
    However, that bein’ said, sometimes the inner and outer person, the mind and body, match. She’s just seems to be consistently and through-and-through, well, you know… goofy.