dog-eat-dog campaign

TUA in comments

Much has been made about Mitt Romney, in 1983, putting his family dog Seamus in a kennel on top of his roof and driving from Boston to Canada, with said canine Seamus making his displeasure known in a rather scatological way….
The Seamus story was discussed again Monday when Ann Romney told Diane Sawyer that “the dog loved” traveling that way. “He would see that crate and, you know, he would, like, go crazy because he was going with us on vacation. It was to me a kinder thing to bring him along than to leave him in the kennel for two weeks.”

Certainly kinder than eating him

In hindsight, a chilling photo

1. The Ugly American
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 8:45 pm |

2. Freddie Sykes
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 8:49 pm |

HT Instapundit: “Libs think Romney acted jerky with a dog. Whereas Obama was fond of dog jerky.”

Say what you want about Romney, but at least he only put a dog on the roof of his car, not the roof of his mouth.

3. Claire: pink pig barbarian, etc
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 9:54 pm |

They went with the lame, self-righteous victimy card ["you're attaaaacking a chiiiild"] rather than the lame, self-righteous condescension card ["you're so mono-cuuuultural"] ??!?

Weak choice…

4. accipiter NW
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 10:07 pm |

And the Clinton’s dog, Buddy, was killed while they were away on vacation. Yeah, he got too far out of the reach of the Secret Service. I still remember and chuckle at the time Bill tripped over Buddy. Hmmm…

5. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 10:14 pm |

This is freaking hilarious.

*rubs hands together*

6. PatrickP
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 10:25 pm |

As I texted TUA this evening, (although she didn’t reply on account of she’s fucking lame) “It just cannot continue to go this well.” Haha!

7. The Ugly American
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 10:35 pm |

Oops! …sorry Patrick …I was too busy photoshopping ; )

8. The Ugly American
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 10:38 pm |

BTW …it just demonstrates how few people took the time to actually read his book.

Doing the vetting this time around that the press wouldn’t do.

Breitbart Is Here…

9. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 10:55 pm |

Patrick didn’t text that to me:(

10. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 10:56 pm |

…but then again, *I* was busy walking dogs. :)

11. PeggyU
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 12:45 am |

He still acts like a child, so there’s that.

12. apotheosis
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 4:50 am |

*I* was busy wokking dogs.

- Barry S

13. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 5:29 am |

apotheosis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OWIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 18, 2012 at 6:38 am |

They TIED him to the roof of the car????? c’mon!!!! Can you imagine how far they would have gotten if they’d have done that? They could have put a rocking chair up there and tied him to the chair at least. That’s what we do —how could anyone believe they’d just tie him to the roof???

15. Paladin
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 6:45 am |

Who knows, maybe the dog loved it up on the roof. Dogs seem to love hanging their head out the window.

Excerpts from the daily caller under “Obama-bites-dog”:

I know the Secret Service has a lot to deal with right now, but are they protecting Bo? From Obama, I mean.

Obama would never put a dog on top of a car. Dries out the meat.

Libs think Romney acted jerky with a dog. Whereas Obama was fond of dog jerky.

Like they say: If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog. If you want a dog in Washington, keep it away from Obama.

Q: What does Obama do when his dog gets stuck?
    A: Grabs a toothpick.

On Facebook, there’s a page called Pet Lovers for Obama. I’m going to go check out their recipes.

Mitt Romney gave his dog diarrhea. Barack Obama’s dog gave him diarrhea.

If Obama gets another four years, by the end of his second term nobody will care that he ate dogs, because nobody will be able to afford to eat anything else. He’ll solve it the same way he solves everything else: a snappy catchphrase.
    “If you like your dachshund, you can eat your dachshund.”

16. Ironic in Denver
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 7:01 am |

That’s it! He’s trying to bring his childhood experiences to America.

17. Ironic in Denver
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 7:02 am |

Nice shop on the Boston (Terrier) Market, by the way.

18. Freddie Sykes
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 7:53 am |

Paladin, dog is actually a fairly expensive treat in many East Asian countries. Four more years of B-Ho and we will be happy to get a plump rat.

In most Arab-Islamic countries, dogs are considered unclean. Who in that culture is going to want to kiss up to old dog breath now?

Posted April 18, 2012 at 8:28 am |

My hunting dogs always preferred dark meat……

20. Ironic in Denver
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 8:34 am |

^ Racist!!!!

21. Ironic in Denver
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 8:36 am |

Four more years of B-Ho and we will be happy to get a plump rat.

Sure we will; the rats will all be starving too. Oh! Wait! We you suggesting we eat Democrat pols & their buddies?

22. Ironic in Denver
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 8:36 am |

“Were you suggesting”

whatever :-(

23. Zipser
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 9:46 am |

So, man bites dog?

24. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 11:20 am |

Never ate dog and never put one on a car roof.
    However, back in VA, my Jack Russel would run over to my motorcycle and jump on the seat whenever I came out the door with a helmet. Started her off butt on my lap and paws on a piece of carpet attached to the tank. Eventually, I just sat ‘er in a box in the passenger seat. Bitch never fell off, either.

25. Merovign
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 12:59 pm |

I thought the “attacking a ten-year-old” response was funny, because my first thought was “the President is only ten years old? Well, that explains a lot!”

26. Ironic in Denver
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 1:49 pm |

Merovign!!!! ^ Dang!! I think you have it!

27. Paul
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 4:02 pm |

Well.. once Obama called himself a ‘mutt’.

Now we know why