Meanwhile, looking beyond the day’s shiny object …

I can dream, can’t I?

The Department of Justice is using the liberal “watchdog” group Media Matters for America [i.e. Soros] to deflect questions about the Fast and Furious scandal, including those regarding a gun that might have been used in the murder of a U.S. Border Patrol agent. A new book raises questions as to whether the FBI hid the existence of a weapon recovered at the scene of murdered U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry.

Two weapons connected to Fast and Furious were discovered at the murder scene of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry, who was gunned down in the Southern Arizona desert in 2010 by five criminals armed with AK-47s. However, [the author] asserts there was a third gun. The book details three separate pieces of evidence that point to a third weapon being recovered and then covered up by the FBI and the Justice Department. Border Patrol agents, who have since been issued gag orders, were overheard at Terry’s funeral discussing the third gun. … An email sent less than 12 hours after Terry’s death also mentioned the weapon. Finally, an audio recording of a discussion between [a gun dealer and an ATF agent] also references a third gun.

“The reason they’re covering up the third gun is because it could lead to the confidential informant …. They’re protecting him at the cost of justice to Brian Terry and his family. I am not an expert on what confidential informants are allowed to get away with, but I guarantee they’re not allowed to kill federal agents.” [more]

Posted April 21, 2012 at 11:23 am |

Well everything else is being redefined in this administranium, so that now fits under “confidential”

2. Melissa In Texas
    Posted April 21, 2012 at 11:44 am |

I just enrages me that Holder is sucking free air!
    That SOB should be in prison.

3. mojo
    Posted April 21, 2012 at 11:49 am |

Aaand…

Jon Corzine, subject of an SEC investigation into one of the biggest shareholder money thefts in US history, is bundling donations for the Obama campaign.

4. blindshooter
    Posted April 21, 2012 at 12:06 pm |

I pray for the day this bunch of commies have to stand in the sun. They will burst into flames and clog the drain to hell.

At least that’s how I think it should go down since they took over justice.

Posted April 21, 2012 at 12:27 pm |

DougM is correct re: confidential informants. However, “Stipulation number 001″ was added to this regulation in 1969. I won`t quote it precisely, but the essense implied, ” In the rare event that a confidential informant and a deceased victim have last names beginning with the letter *K* and the victim is a Federal employee, the informant may or may not be bound by the regulation, particularly in situations like “accidental death by drowning.” In the State of Massachusetts.

No other stipulations, yet.

6. Ironic in Denver
    Posted April 21, 2012 at 4:06 pm |

May your dreams (or at lest this one) all come true.

In the wake of the Harding administration there were lots of congressional investigations, and lots of people went to jail. Could be true this time too, although there are several reasons why this may not happen:

* There is no law against gross incompetence, or even utter dereliction of duty. These are firing offenses, of course, but probably not criminal, technically speaking. In some cases it will be hard to prove more, especially since the people in question are so obviously unqualified for the jobs they hold.

* Jailing significant numbers of political opponents, however appropriate, smacks of tyranny; and, therefore, a lot of the public will not understand.

* Recent history: there were significant crimes in the Clinton White House, especially with regard to financial malfeasance, campaign finance, and foreign nationals. This would have been a much better avenue to investigate than what happened with a blue dress, but Republicans did not touch it. I’m not sure they will this time either.

* It may be hard to nail the guys at the top. They know something about “deniability.”

* The next administration will be so focused on getting the country out of this mess that it may not have much energy to pursue the people who got us into it. (Especially since there is some modest culpability among some Republicans as well.)

That said, it may be important to make a good number of them pay, if only as an object lesson to future malefactors. I hope they do.

7. Paul
    Posted April 21, 2012 at 4:30 pm |

The President can give full immunity to whomever they want. Expect if for any reason Holder steps down that he will be pardoned. As for the informant, I sure hope he watches his back in case they give him an ‘accident’.

8. Ironic in Denver
    Posted April 21, 2012 at 5:36 pm |

Maybe better if this administration does NOT investigate any of its own. That way, it can’t pardon them either, and the entire chain of the justice system will be usable by the NEXT administration, assuming there’s any evidence left after the post election shredding.

What? Yeah, it’s a long time from the beginning of November to the end of January.

9. logdogsmith
    Posted April 21, 2012 at 10:08 pm |

Now that’s a good perp walk.

10. Spin
    Posted April 21, 2012 at 11:29 pm |

I have ordered Katie Pavlich’s book “Fast and Furious: Barack Obama’s Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Cover-up”. And I know it will raise my BP substantially – on two fronts – but I’ve watched this young woman report and IMHO she will do some serious damage to both Holder and this present regime.

And c’mon, just look at her. Hell I feel a sin comin’ on. She has filled in over @ Trifecta before too, for Scott Ott I believe.