Better, eh?

so that means you’re hiring the worng people

From Jodi Kantor’s The Obamas, page 66:

Obama had always had a high estimation of his ability to cast and run his operation. When David Plouffe, his campaign manager, first interviewed for a job with him in 2006, the senator gave him a warning: “I think I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I’ll hire to do it,” he said. “It’s hard to give up control when that’s all I’ve known.” Obama said nearly the same thing to Patrick Gaspard, whom he hired to be the campaign’s political director. “I think I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters,” Obama told him. “I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m gonna think I’m a better political director than my political director.”

Indeed?

Yet, from what I can see, ya still need a libretto to negotiate this puzzle:

Dunno why this leaped to mind…

Finish your assignment! »

1. snap-e-tom
    Posted April 25, 2012 at 9:42 am |

Being confident in your own ability is all well and good… but I think we’re wandering into Captain Queeg territory here.

2. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted April 25, 2012 at 10:01 am |

I’m sure he believes it.
    That’s kind’a the problem, isn’t it?

Posted April 25, 2012 at 10:43 am |

Kinda???? You bet your bippy it is!!!

4. TimO
    Posted April 25, 2012 at 12:00 pm |

I smell I keep getting from Fearless Leader and his appointees is the ego-stench of the episodes of “I, Claudius” that dealt with Caligula…

5. Posted April 25, 2012 at 12:44 pm |

Tim, when he appoints Bo to Congress, we’ll be sure.

6. Posted April 25, 2012 at 2:48 pm |

So, how hard is it to eat a hot dog while presidentin’?

7. MCPO
    Posted April 25, 2012 at 3:43 pm |

Self-aggrandizing douche nozzle.

Posted April 25, 2012 at 4:48 pm |

Claire, i don’t even want to ask how you found that video. . .

9. Fat Baxter
    Posted April 25, 2012 at 5:37 pm |

He is so fine, his turds are tapered so his asshole don’t slam shut.

10. Claire: pink pig barbarian, etc
    Posted April 25, 2012 at 9:23 pm |

Just do a search, Mech…

And tell me it ain’t perfect for his Campaign Song, eh?

11. Darrell
    Posted April 25, 2012 at 9:26 pm |

It’s called bluffing.
    If you can’t do anything well, you pretend you can.
    Most people won’t put you to the test. Especially those that want a job with a paycheck.
    He’s a lawyer that buys SR-22 minimum state mandated liability coverage for his car, then call them wanted his car fixed for free when he is in an accident. And tells the story years later as an example of corporate greed/cheating customers. He couldn’t run a falafell stand without a $million/yr government subsidy.

12. PeggyU
    Posted April 25, 2012 at 10:35 pm |

Pride goes before a fall. If the fall is proportional to the hubris, this sucker’s gonna take a helluva dive.

13. Thunderbottom
    Posted April 26, 2012 at 5:18 am |

BHO makes Dilbert’s “pointy-haired boss” look like a humble genius.

14. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted April 26, 2012 at 12:11 pm |

So,
    did they throw him out of the store for stealing that apple?

15. ZZMike
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 10:29 am |

I’m sure we can find somewhere where he says he’s one of the most humble men around.

“He reads every word, every memo, so he is better prepared than the people briefing him,” she said. “This man doesn’t take a day off.”

Good grief. He told us there are 57 states. He told us (during the campaign) that he was on a Senate committee that he wasn’t on:

Obama-isms

“Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee — which is my committee — a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don’t obtain a nuclear weapon.” –referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008″

And let’s not forget the round-the-world vacations, and the “Chicago date night”. Here’s an interesting take on that event:

Foreign Press reaction

“It is interesting, instructive, and a little disheartening to notice that the foreign press is much more shocked than the U.S. press is by the arrogance and expense of the Obama’s “date night” that cost the taxpayers nearly one million dollars last week.”
    . . .
    Sadly, it is telling that the U.S. press seemed to so easily let the Obamas slide for their arrogance.”