Cultural ref. ref.

This is my kind of brain wash.
The kind that flushes the brain’s crap and leaves a nice clean scent.
It’s the moving Bourne-movie on-the-move movie theme on the move*.

~ vid ~

Now where’d I put that box of passports?
Finish your assignment! »
(What? Why, it’s Vivaldi’s Vivaldi Concerto for two celli, strings, and continuo in G minor RV 531, of course; and by “of course,” I mean I had to look it up.)

* One of three movements.

Posted April 27, 2012 at 7:55 pm |

Love the music; absolutely detest the camera work. That crap makes your mind and eyeballs feel like a golf ball hit in a tile bathroom.
    How’s the movie – if there is one that uses that theme?

2. DawnMB
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 8:18 pm |

I mostly just lurk, but I LOVE The Piano Guys. They take one popular song, and mash it up with another, more classical piece. See “Secrets”, a mash-up of One Republic’s “Secrets” and Beethoven. They also did a very fun “Cello Wars”. Go check it out. They also covered Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep” and added “Jupiter” by Gustav Holst.

3. Brian In Florida
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 10:37 pm |

Thank You. So seldom do I hear the music of mathmatics it makes me wonder if we have forgotten, and then, a shining light. Thank you

4. Spin
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 11:45 pm |

Thanks DawnMB for that “The Piano Guys” heads-up. Really enjoyed ‘Rolling in the Deep, especially the audio version.

5. Paul Moore
    Posted April 28, 2012 at 2:16 am |

I didn’t know playing the cello caused physical pain.
    “Music of mathematics” reminds me of the Tom Lehrer quip about writing a textbook best seller, “Tropic of Calculus”
    I never did understand math or music, but appreciate those who do.

Posted April 28, 2012 at 8:37 am |

More please.

‘Twas a pleasant pause.

7. mojo
    Posted April 28, 2012 at 9:39 am |

The Red Monk strikes again!

8. snap-e-tom
    Posted April 28, 2012 at 12:33 pm |

I’ve always thought of Vivaldi’s music as kind of prim and proper (although very good, of course). This piece is like coffee kicking in. Love it.

9. tctsunami
    Posted April 28, 2012 at 3:55 pm |

With all that is going on in politics and the crap we’ve all been getting from the MSM and Obama re-election I have decided it would be best to read an not comment or the Secret Service / Pimp your ride guys or TSA might not be happy with what I really think of the present administration. I’m kind of like a Ted Nugent sans electric guitar.
    But this on the other hand was a wonderful way to start the day.
    Thank you Doug, after starting with Drudge I needed some awesomeness. Just last week one of the links on right lead me to the 2Cellos guys and they were great too.

I know I need to stay on top of what is happening out there and that’s why I’m here. But it’s also fun to have a bit of fun stuff too.
    Pulled up “spins” recommendation for Rolling in the Deep, another good one to add to my list of music.

10. Hopefulone
    Posted April 28, 2012 at 5:43 pm |

“All of Me” is awesome too! Written when he was 21.

Nephew plays it and glows.

11. Spin
    Posted April 29, 2012 at 12:04 am |

tctsunami (9).
    It was DawnMB’s (2) recommendation.
    Vanessa-Mae is a damn fine fiddle player if you like strings.

Or Escala just for fun

12. mojo
    Posted April 29, 2012 at 12:34 pm |

“In Radio Prison they wash brain of this unfortunate, hang it up in a cool seagull breeze to dry…”
    – Firesign Theatre, “Yung Guy, Moto Detective”