today’s wedgie

“dog” plus “water” does not equal “stew.”

“We heard a whole bunch of screaming,” said Josh Romney, who immediately hopped onto his Jet Ski. “We tore out of there and my dad hopped on the other Jet Ski and came out right after us.”

Roughly 300 yards out onto the lake, six adult family members and their dog were floundering in the water, after their boat suddenly sprung a huge leak — sinking in less than 90 seconds, Josh said…

In the middle of the rescue, the governor actually took a dunking himself — thrown off the Jet Ski as one anxious boater scrambled aboard and tipped the craft off-balance.

The rescuing Romneys also managed to snatch the family dog, McKenzie, from a watery grave — grabbing the Scottish terrier first because it was the only passenger without a lifejacket…

1. Jess
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 6:47 am |

Lucky dog. If Obama was there, they would have celebrated the rescue with terrier stew.

2. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 6:55 am |

So,
    Mitt’s a disgustingly rich guy with an eco-spoiling beach house and a bunch of noisy, polluting jet skis, who transports wet dogs on top of a jet ski, who hates women since he grabbed the dog first, who put his children in danger by allowing them to go into a life-and-death situation without government training or license, who is probably a closet vigilante, since he didn’t wait for the authorities, and who probably took the jobs of union members on the local rescue team. Meanwhile, not fifteen miles away, a poor black family … etc.

They probably towelled-off the dog too roughly, as well.

3. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 7:01 am |

I I shouldda PhotoShopped the dog in a crate on the jet ski………..

4. logdogsmith
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 7:14 am |

So, I see this post with a dog on Bond’s waterskidoo, read the comments including the one about ps crate, log in to comment which refreshes the screen, and I see this post with a dog in a crate on Bond’s waterdoski.

Cool.

BTW, I’m sure it was the writer and not the Romney’s, but when I hear lots of screaming, I “immediately” try to determine the source, involuntarily turning to the sound and looking. Or am I just being a prick?

5. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 7:16 am |

^ I’m usually the one screaming so I wouldn’t know :)

6. PatrickP
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 7:26 am |

Can you imagine any circumstance in which Btrack Obama would have to help someone like that? Also, heading out with his son is exactly how it would go in my family except there’d be all ten boys and my oldest sister would insist on coming so she’d jump on the back holding a beer in a cozy.

Posted April 27, 2012 at 7:30 am |

BHO’s son would be buying skittles and roaming the gated neighborhoods.

8. Freddie Sykes
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 7:30 am |

Lighten up on B-Ho. You ever try swimming carrying a teleprompter?

9. snap-e-tom
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 10:00 am |

Not quite PT-109, but still a cool story.

Hey, Mitt, the USA could use a little rescuing right now, and we’re running out of life jackets.

10. katzemeow
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 12:54 pm |

per this article this was the 2nd time the Romney’s resuced folks on the lake. It’s way down at the end of the article.

11. katzemeow
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 1:00 pm |

Oh, yeah and the account of shutting Bain down to help find his partner’s daughter (who had been missing for 3 days)

12. Freddie Sykes
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 1:37 pm |

PT-109? You mean that very fast boat on patrol looking for enemy shipping that managed to get itself run over by an enemy destroyer they never heard or saw? Were any dogs involved?

13. Merovign
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 1:40 pm |

Lake Winnipesaukee?

You know the Indians were laughing about that one. “Look, they said it again!”

Posted April 27, 2012 at 3:50 pm |

Yeah Freddie, The Jap`s destroyer`s log book noted that they rammed some “Melican dogs”——-

15. PeggyU
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 5:14 pm |

Ok, now I have a mental image of Romney giving a dog mouth-to-mouth …

16. snap-e-tom
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 6:21 pm |

LOL @ 12 & 14. Leave poor old JFK alone. He went from being the darling of the Eastern Liberal Establishment to a piñata in about 30 years. I won’t defend him, though – he was always about himself. Are you guys still angry that Nixon lost? And what the hell is a “Melican Dog”?

Posted April 27, 2012 at 9:50 pm |

Bho would have delegated it to the nearest admiral after having the situation studied to death and the point where he was left no choice but to act. . .

Snap-e,, listen with a disney japenese accent.

18. Freddie Sykes
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 10:09 pm |

Damned if I know what a “Melican Dog” is and double damned if you think I am about to argue with the Colonel about it.

And Nixon, that anti-communist liberal, showed more class than Gore ever did.

19. Spin
    Posted April 28, 2012 at 12:24 am |

And Nixon, that anti-communist liberal, showed more class than Gore ever did.

Or than Obama will.

20. snap-e-tom
    Posted April 28, 2012 at 12:13 pm |

(17) Of course. Duh. I try real hard to understand the Col’s posts; it’s worth the effort.

(18) Love Nixon. You’re referring to his noble decision not to contest the 1960 election. IMO would’ve been a better pres than JFK.

The PT-109 thing (book, film, endless references in news stories and opinion pieces) IMO helped JFK enormously. Look for a transparent attempt to pull off the same thing when that killing-Bin-Laden propaganda film comes out before the election. Needless to say, I’m not too worried about it. Times are different now.

21. Ironic in Denver
    Posted April 28, 2012 at 2:47 pm |

sondra (5): I’m usually the one screaming so I wouldn’t know Yeah, but what are you screaming? “Freeze MF of I’ll shoot your knock you on your ass?”

katzemeow (10 + 11): is it possible Romney is actually a quiet hero? You know, the kind that thinks nothing of spring into action & doing the right thing because he thinks its normal? And then doesn’t go around tooting his own horn because — he thinks its normal? Don’t wanna get carried away here, but just thinking….

Contrast with OHB: “Ho! Look at me! As I’ve said before, I personally had the Great Courage to make the decision to kill bin Laden (which was done by other people going in harm’s way). I am such a stud!”

22. Ironic in Denver
    Posted April 28, 2012 at 2:48 pm |

Or is it BHO? Coming or going, I see the same thing from either side: a well-dressed ass.