today’s cute nature moment

Awwwww … crap !
Let’s see, a while back we were discussing obstacles to greatness and happiness.

~ vid ~

Remember: nature is trying to kill you 24/7, no matter how cute you are.
(What? Thaaat’s right, blame Darwin.)

OPEN THREAD

1. Caged Insanity
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 2:08 pm |

Definitely *not* a happy ending.

Why can’t that happen to the morons in DC?

2. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 2:21 pm |

^ Yeah!
    A bald eagle snatching Progs, crooks, and the like trying to escape the Beltway after the election.

Posted May 16, 2012 at 3:31 pm |

Sometimes you’re the windshield, sometimes you’re the bug.

*can’t stop guilty laughing*

Posted May 16, 2012 at 3:34 pm |

One time, many light years ago me an a bunch of gyrene pilots went down to this messican beach to hang-glide. Some time later, a van showed up, loaded with a bunch of “Brooklyn Itai gals” on their 1st trip to the Left Coast. As in–the time it takes a electron to go a round the conveyer, we in vited them to go swimming & share our beer.

Whoh—- Black-haired/bush gals in they panties & bras, all soaked in salt water!

Couldn`t hang-glide after that—–on account of—–could not retract our *Tail hooks!!!!!!*

5. Ironic in Denver
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 4:32 pm |

That was surveillance video footage from a domestic drone, right?

Think how cool it will be when we can get footage like that of cute teenagers getting assaulted & murdered by “random” mobs that have gotten out of their ghettos for this very purpose. Nope, no way to interfere in a timely manner of course, but we can see the footage all the same.

6. Freddie Sykes
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 4:58 pm |

Are you sure that the bird was not just giving the little fellow a ride to the water?

7. Posted May 16, 2012 at 5:48 pm |

24/7…….. Correct

8. DougM (jackassophobe)
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 6:54 pm |

Freddie (6)
    *snick*

9. Paul
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 7:25 pm |

Didn’t some Playboy bunny have her dog snatched by a hawk right in front of her last week?

Well people go to Alaska and try to ‘live with nature’ and the bears every year and get munched on. And same goes for Africa and lions/elephants/hippos/crocs/leopards.

So many people think nature is Walt Disney when it’s more like ‘The Ghost and the Darkness’.

10. Justin Credible
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 7:37 pm |

For thirty years a house has been, “The nexus for serious crime and drug dealing”, say local authorities. It was time to take action.

So. They. Did

11. Ironic in Denver
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 8:03 pm |

Justin (10): Since I don’t normally interact with the fools running the City of Berkeley, for me this is a jaw dropper.

There was a tacit acknowledgement last night that the situation had been allowed to fester for too long. For 30 years: yep.

Any substantial violation will result in the matter being set for a public hearing before the City Council… Well, gosh, that must scare them.

This is how the Left “confronts” any real problem. The article didn’t mention any citizens even suggesting that the city council members need to be replaced…. so I guess everyone there is getting what they deserve.

Posted May 16, 2012 at 8:03 pm |

Justin, did somebody miss a payment payoff?^

13. SherryM
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 8:05 pm |

I have told that to vegans. I was like you believe that we evolved from animals, animals eat each other. So it is natural to eat meat.

14. Posted May 16, 2012 at 8:35 pm |

Back when I was bogging regularly, before I became a Happy Man, I posted about the gated community that I lived in, and the HOA signs all over warning of “Dog Thieves”.

Folks, I have lived now for 25 years on the edge of two National Forest areas……. Coyotes, Bobcat and Cougar.

Little dogs are just easy snacks. Had a neighbor who had his German Shephard snatched while he called 911.

Over a ‘regulation’ four foot fence.

Nature will get you or your pets if you aren’t careful. Now, we have Mongo and my Dad’s 1911 in the Lair.

Wife sleeps easy now with a .45 and a 180# Saint in her room…….

15. Al Gator
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 8:40 pm |

The Post Turtle makes a run for it……………..

16. Ironic in Denver
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 9:28 pm |

Wollf, I got hold of a Glock 29 in good condition and some Winchester Silvertips. 600 foot-pounds in a modest sized package. If I shoot it well I’m going to start taking it along.

No one’s position on the food chain is ever guaranteed.

SherryM, I dumped a friend who was both a vegan and a pain in the ass (not just about food either). So then I got a new friend. She was coming over to my place to eat dinner & watch the sunset.
    So I said: “Do you eat meat?”
    She said: “If God didn’t want cows to be eaten, He wouldn’t have put meat on them.”
    And I thought: “Okay, this is a serious improvement here.”

17. Ironic in Denver
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 10:21 pm |

Interesting reading here:

No surprise to regulars here, the author of that piece (who appears to know what he’s talking about) says (my words, not his) that we have:
    - Lost the war in Afghanistan.
    - Are being lied to substantially by the current administration (and military brass) about the actual state of affairs there and the actual state of the war.
    - The Taliban rules every square inch of the country what we don’t have massive firepower trained on every moment.
    - The Afghan government, from the national government to local villages are unbelievably corrupt and completely incompetent.
    - Afghan military and police forces are completely worthless, and to protect themselves have largely made deals with the enemy, against whom they will prosecute no action.

Basically, the Obama administration is trying to cover this up to justify declaring its withdrawal to be a success.

Posted May 17, 2012 at 5:59 am |

Ever hear wolves howl and than a deer scream? That’ll raise a hair on your neck.
    I in D # 17 even tho we kinda know that to be true it still scares the crap out of me– not just for our nephew who just left for 3 months training in Texas b/4 a 9 mo. stint there but for everyone else who’s serving there.