today’s protests from around the world

( * )

1. PatrickP
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 12:01 am |

You know what? Buy your Super Big Gulp every fucking morning and suck it down in your car on the way to work. Just fucking gulp away. Fifty fucking teaspoons of sugar in a Super Big Gulp. Greater than the total daily caloric intake for a grown man. Then waste your life being miserable and sick and in pain all the time and die young. All because you wanted your fucking Super Big Gulp or your dome lidded tub of sugar from Starbucks. Seems like a reasonable exchange.

2. Posted July 11, 2012 at 12:21 am |

And now, time for a completely different “pro-choice” rally. “Keep your laws off my body!”

3. Posted July 11, 2012 at 12:54 am |

PatrickP: I hereby propose that it should be illegal for one man to stick his dick in another man’s ass, or mouth, or ear (if you can get it in there!). It has already caused millions of deaths. There’s no ‘reaching around’ it. It’s a well known fact.

How’s your new law look like now?

First they came for the Jews, and I said I wasn’t a Jew...

Me? I might buy one of those big drinks every five years, if that. But I don’t need an overpaid, worthless, bloodsucking government employee telling me that I can’t, just so they can ‘justify’ their own pointless existence.

P.S. What are you doing this Friday nite? I was thinking about going to a movie, if you’re not too busy. I’ll spring for the popcorn! Moosechelle’s vegetable slices!

4. PatrickP
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 1:04 am |

I’m not saying the government should prohibit super sized beverages. Im saying your a fucking moron of you drink them.

5. Posted July 11, 2012 at 1:19 am |

And what have ‘we’ been drinking tonight? I can’t disagree with your basic premise, because I think you’re right. If you drink those things daily, then you’re just asking for it.

So what about that movie?

Posted July 11, 2012 at 6:13 am |

I’d love to see Abbey from NCIS respond to it in a show episode.

Better still, have her come by in character to defend her Kaf-Pow!

7. PatrickP
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 7:01 am |

Last night I got home from work at 11:30. I assure I was not drinking a Big Gulp.

8. accipiter NW
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 7:08 am |

I can’t remember if it was the mega-cup or the next size down, but I used to get these fountain drinks all the time every summer when the temp got high. You fill the damn thing full of ice and select your favorite flavor and head back to the jobsite. It was nice having the choice of several flavors to choose from. This was back in the days when wearing a seat belt was merely encouraged by our leaders and many wise individuals.

Posted July 11, 2012 at 7:25 am |

I think they are mostly a big cup of ice — I say we pass a law that says we can’t pass anymore laws or make anymore regulations!!! Than you can buy a big gulp or a little sip or what ever the hell you want. Long’s you earn the money to pay for it.

10. Joe
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 7:44 am |

Actually these bigger sizes are pretty convenient for people who actually do physical work for a living. As accipiter said, I’ll often buy them when it’s miserable hot and I’m doing something outside….fill the thing with ice, drink the flavored liquid down pretty quickly, then as the ice melts you have some flavored water.

It’s one thing to set in an air conditioned office all day and snipe at people but entirely different when you’re up on a metal roof in 100 plus degree weather. Some people actually work up a sweat while they’re working and MOST people I know have the common fucking sense not to drink 18 of these in one day or even one week…..

11. Claire: pink pig barbarian, etc
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 8:05 am |

It’s still none of my beeswax if someone wants to drink Big Gulps or eat Skittles.
    [which everyone knows is Unicorn Poop...]

12. Posted July 11, 2012 at 8:16 am |

Still haven’t heard about that movie…

13. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 8:34 am |

Thank you, Patrick.

14. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 10:10 am |

Yay for Patrick.

15. Caged Insanity
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 1:07 pm |

I don’t care if people want to drink one every hour. What I don’t want is money coming out of our income to pay for their problems.

We have the right to pursue happiness, we do not have the right to use other peoples money to act as a net should our ventures fail.

The problem we face now is there are so many parasites weighing the system down, that no-one can afford to be charitable and help those who genuinely need help.

Btw,
    Anyone else notice that at the beginning of the month, Stockton, CA, filed for bankruptcy, followed a few days later by Mammoth Lakes, CA, and now today San Bernardino?

How much you want to bet that it continues, and that right around November, these bankrupt cities say they are unable to provide polling places for the election?

16. ZZMike
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 4:11 pm |

Take a survey of the crowd and ask how many voted for Bloomberg, how many voted for Obama.

PatrickP (#4): It’s every man’s right to be a BFM. If’n Billy-Bob wants to have a 1/2 gallon of sody pop with his MonsterBurger for breakfast, that’s his lookout. If’n he wants to hit hisself over the haid with a pole-axe (‘cuz it feels so good when he stops), we don’t need no stinkin’ Surgeon General to say he’s a moron and take away his pole-axe.

Let Darwin prevail.

17. PatrickP
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 5:38 pm |

^^I agree. That’s what my comment said. Go for it!

18. Ironic in Denver
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 7:09 pm |

I thought libs like Bloomberg believed in Darwin.

Why then, do they resist Darwin’s necessary work?

19. accipiter NW
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 8:38 pm |

Thank you Joe. After sipping my 12 ozs of coffee with 3 fuckin teaspoons of sugar, and downing another cup with lunch, it was getting so warm at work, my water jug ran dry and I picked up a 20 oz cup at Shell so I’d have Dr Pepper flavored ice cubes for the drive home. Of course I avoided the toll bridge and went around the lake at about 5 miles per hour so no need for the seat belt. I do appreciate that sweet chill at the bottom of the cup. And I don’t care if people dig their grave slowly with their teeth, sucking on cigarettes, or go doing something more noble like falling off a damn mountain.
    I got a buddy who drinks 6 or 7 cans of Coke a day while he was working for me. Odd ball with worse habits than that, aside from picking up more empty cans (recycle value) than he’ll ever consume- but that is another story. I can guarantee everyone he’ll not be the type to suck up anyone’s dollars when it is his time to go.

20. Posted July 12, 2012 at 1:55 am |

Still haven’t heard about that movie…