news…weak

did Romney pen two memoirs pondering his identity crises, both personal and political?…

wee-bidoo-wee-bidoo-wee-bidoo

But wait! There’s more!

1. Ironic in Denver
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 8:54 am |

Notice how Newsweek has a “What Triggers Mass Murders” headline over a (completely unrelated photo) of Romney?

Isn’t it great that a “wimp factor” arrow gets shot at Romney the same week it turns out that the Pussy in Chief cancelled the ObL raid (at least) three times on the advise of someone who ought to be the aide instead of the decision maker?

And, in the “not that it matters” category, didn’t that Spartacus visual shrink Newt’s tummy a little?

2. mojo
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 9:08 am |

You guys really don’t want to put the word “wimp” out there. Your boy makes Urkel look he-mannish.

3. Posted July 30, 2012 at 9:26 am |

Remind me again of how relevant Newsweek is?

4. Freddie Sykes
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 9:32 am |

What I cannot understand is that, given how relevant Newsweek is, why they are going to quit publishing?

Posted July 30, 2012 at 9:55 am |

They are going to quit publishing because nobody pays *money* for their magazine anymore.

It is known in the capitalistic economic world as: CREATIVE DESTRUCTION!

Newsweak is now gonna be a Blog Bleg.

Fortunately, they will never be able to compete with: Knowledge is Power!

6. Stick
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 10:24 am |

Noose-Weak?

Didn’t that used to be a magazine?

7. mojo
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 10:44 am |

PS:

“San Bernardino is above all old-fashioned bankrupt bankrupt, a pitiful penniless pauper that cannot even afford a cup of coffee: Seriously — the coffee guy wants cash up front now and has stopped serving the municipal office building until the city makes good on its latte liabilities. This is a paddle-free scato-riparian fiscal expedition of the first order.”

8. Ironic in Denver
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 10:45 am |

^ Noose-Weak …as in wimpish?

Mayhap the publishers were looking in the mirror and mistook the reflection for Mitt Romney?

Fortunately, they will never be able to compete with: Knowledge is Power! Gee, I wonder if Newsweak has as much readership….

9. ZZMike
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 11:21 am |

Typical Democrat response: projection. “We’re weak-kneed; we need to portray our adversary as even more weak-kneed.”

10. Posted July 30, 2012 at 11:43 am |

I saw Newsweek at the checkout lane of the grocery store (next to the tabloids) and noticed there was no price! So I figured it was a freebie. The teen cashier was a bit confused, but seemed convinced.

11. Jess
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 11:51 am |

The lack of absorbent paper makes the magazine completely useless.

12. Posted July 30, 2012 at 12:13 pm |

@Jess – not completely. It shields counter/sink tops from dye-splatter splendidly, and catches beard-trimmings from going down & clogging the bathroom sink drain.

13. mojo
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 12:52 pm |

Там в киска Riot творится …

14. blindshooter
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 1:50 pm |

News Week would have died long ago if it won’t for waiting areas in the doctors office or hospital waiting areas. My Doc has Road and Track and Sports Afield in his waiting room. He also thinks Obamby is the devil himself. I like him.

Posted July 30, 2012 at 2:20 pm |

I take great pride in having had Newsweak pay me $1000.00 for an article of mine they printed. Took me an hour to write. At 0200 in the morning. I got 500 letters, accusing me of being an asshole! Which—confirmed the truth of my theme……………… :)

16. Claire: pink pig barbarian, etc
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 4:15 pm |

“…But the one thing he never does? Man up, double down, take his lumps.”

So it’s the same ol same ol’. They’re calling him a “wimp” because he just refuses to “take his lumps” and admit that they [their position] are right.

It’s logyk like that that keeps this economy humming the way it is. …like a crazy old man looking for his car… in the garage refrigerator.

17. DougM (November is coming)
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 4:53 pm |

Ow!
    Ouch!
    Ow!

Ow!
    The Looking Spoon’s covers are like watchin’ ‘im fall down a flight of stairs.

So Newsweek does an article on Romney, eh?
    What are the other four pages about.

18. tctsunami
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 5:20 pm |

Great post here tonight. “Spot On” everyone of them.

But you know what I like about Newsweek?

It makes SondraK look so good… Ahh, life on the porch. :)

19. Posted July 30, 2012 at 5:20 pm |

Wow Those Obama wimp covers just write themselves don’t they.
    I’m also (and this is off topic but) wondering if anyone has gone up and read Obama’s Romney’s Prayer from his visit to the Wailing Wall?

Posted July 30, 2012 at 6:53 pm |

Those Wimp covers would be great billboard material. Wish I had about $zebenty skazillion lying around to buy a bunch of them along the interstates. Especially around Massachusetts, northern Virginia, Maryland, ‘Lympia, Chicago, LA, San Fran and other liberal hotbeds, just to piss them off.

Posted July 30, 2012 at 7:00 pm |

In Deeeetroit. Yah down town.

22. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted July 30, 2012 at 7:58 pm |

Speaking of covers, there’s this one.

(Is that what Valerie Jarrett really looks like? Good God, what species is she? I was just looking at Ace of Spades ONT about humans having interbred with Neanderthals, and then I come across that. Spooky.)

23. Posted July 31, 2012 at 5:23 am |

I’m delighted to be a Newsweek subscriber. Because I got it for free by claiming to be a captain of industry, and I throw it away each week without reading it just to help them burn through their few remaining dollars on the way to going out of business.

Posted July 31, 2012 at 3:28 pm |

Hell, Stilton, with your steady prescription, you oughta pimp em to run your strips.

All you gotta do is make the punchline soooo subtle they won`t get it at first, and then when somebody complains, you have a planned alibi which will be sooo confusing that they will bite that it has to be good for the *more intellectual* Liberal! You, of course, will seek their guidance how best to please the *mainstream Lib* —–after which——you. are. in! [...in a Lord Haw Haw kinda way...]

25. ZZMike
    Posted August 1, 2012 at 3:36 pm |

Stilton (#23): On the other hand, your subscription helps their numbers. “See, advertisers, see all the people we have on our list?”