Rubicon (throwing Americans under the bus)

Obama’s Amerikkka
that midnight knock on the door

When this photo first came out, I was miffed, but not really upset. Seemed kind’a legit. Parole violation.
A little time, more info, and some thought turned this into a eye-reddening, fist-pounding, spittle-spitting outrage.
WTF is happening, here?! I mean, to this country?
Since when do we deserve to be ruled by a banana-republic-qualilty thugocracy?!
(Rhetorical. I don’t give a flying fig about “when.”)

If this kind of thing is widely accepted or even tolerated, then
• We have waved goodbye to the American ideals of liberty and the Constitutional Republic.
• We have surrendered to tyrants, both foreign and domestic.
• We have accepted the treason of our officials.
• We have beheaded ourselves.

Why such a radical reaction to this photo?
• It depicts a totalitarian state intent on illegally crushing by force and intimidation those who embarrasses it.
• It is a cowardly appeasement of foreign enemies intent on destroying our way of life.
• Law enforcement will not protect you from abuse by the state — it will go along with it.

Look, the “parole violation” thing is a sham. The courts’ parole officers deal with that, not Sheriff’s deputies or the FBI. Even if he used his intenet connection for other than work (per his parole agreement), that’s trivial trivial. It’s no reason for a midnight raid and a public perp walk in front of the media (which eliminates the “for his own protection” excuse, too). Selectively enforcing parole violations based on political embarrassment is technically legit, but it’s tyrannical.

This is about the spectacle. It’s not about the rationalizations above.
• Midnight visits by police for other than arrests or emergency questioning are pure intimidation.
• Public humiliation is intimidation and punishment.
• This also serves as a warning to others who may be tempted to speak their minds.
• This is a blatant violation of the First Amendment.

Worse, it’s an obvious message to our enemies:
• Insulting Islam is no longer protected speech under our system,
• The US government will enforce Islamic sensitivities and punish blasphemy.
• Violent behavior and murder of Americans will produce results.

The FBI has no jurisdiction, here. So, who gave the orders?
And why is local law enforcement obeying party political orders to intimidate Americans?
This stinks to high Heaven.
(What? The Chicago mobsters who brought us Fast & Furious? *sniff*sniff* Y’think?)

Better discussion at Instapundit.

Posted September 17, 2012 at 7:59 am |

I saw this last nite and haven’t heard one thing on any so called news as yet today. WHY???

2. MikeG
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 8:24 am |

I saw the movie “The Last Ounce of Courage” last night. Very relevent to this post. If you have not seen it, go! I mean RIGHT NOW! I went because I read somewhere (maybe here) that it made CHUCK NORRIS cry! I would have been fine if not for the dust and pollen in the theater.

Seriously. Bring kleenex.

3. USMC2841
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 8:39 am |

The events and this picture’s release where undertaken for one purpose. This is an appeasement to the Islamic nations that declared war on the United States. This is our spineless government saying, “Okay we arrested him. Please don’t kill anymore of our people.” It would have been just as easy for the Parole Officer to require him to come in but that would not have set up this capitulating photo op.

4. rustbucket
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 9:35 am |

ENOUGH ALREADY!!
    I have screamed from the mountaintops, I have written my “representatives”, I have called the MSM outlets, what can I/We do next? The 52% could care less about this F’n outrage and clear violation of the 1st Amendment, they’re too busy pocketing MY money and waiting for November so they can re-elect their savior and benefactor.
    I am sick to death of it all!! Thank goodness for y’all hear at The Porch(tm). It’s my daily dose of sanity.
    Col Jerry, sir: what more can we do?
    Thank you for letting me vent a bit.

5. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 10:25 am |

CNN just outed the guy……..

6. MikeG
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 10:30 am |

Of COURSE CNN outed him. ait for a couple minutes and they will give us his home address and what time he gets home from work.

7. Claire: pink pig with car keys living in an alternate universe
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 10:31 am |

^^^whaaaa??!?!?!^^^

Posted September 17, 2012 at 11:17 am |

5 Deputies for one man who we’re not sure it is because his face is covered. Very smelly indeed. Quite a show. Apsolutely positively unexceptable and yet????????? There you go!!

9. rickn8or
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 11:24 am |

Where’s the ACLU?

Posted September 17, 2012 at 12:36 pm |

Where are the Americans?????

11. Caged Insanity
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 12:36 pm |

Hey America, you know that 3am phone call thing? This is yours.

12. mojo
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 1:08 pm |

“Law enforcement will not protect you from abuse by the state — it will go along with it.”

Law Enforcement agencies ARE the State, in a very real and binding sense. As some fat Commie Chinaman once said: “Political power grows from the barrel of a gun.”

13. Lucius Severus Pertinax
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 1:13 pm |

He should not have opened the door to them. He should have told them:
    “Unless you are here to ARREST me, on a SPECIFIC charge, I am NOT going ANYWHERE! If you DO arrest me, I will answer no questions and have nothing to say!”

14. mojo
    Posted September 17, 2012 at 1:27 pm |

Wouldn’t have worked. They’d just have found a compliant judge and bounced his butt back to stir on a parole violation.