coathangers are ironey

A new California law could expose young women who have abortions to additional safety risks because it allows unlicensed individuals to perform abortions under certain circumstances, according to pro-life advocates.

California Gov. Jerry Brown signed the bill into law over the weekend permitting nurse practitioners, physician’s assistants and midwives to perform abortions due to what Democrats see as a shortage of available doctors…

N. O’Really

1. JoeBandMember®
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 5:54 pm |

I believe God views abortion as an abomination.

I also believe He will have the last word on this and so many other issues so near and dear to the Communist Left.

Eternity.

Smoking, or non-smoking?

2. JoeBandMember®
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 5:57 pm |

I believe He will have the last word on everything.

3. Paul Moore
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 6:01 pm |

Wasn’t legalised abortion supposed to put an end to the dangers of back alley hackery?

4. Posted September 25, 2012 at 6:25 pm |

Leftist progress
    -illegal back alley abortions,
    -legal abortions
    -legal back alley abortions
    I don’t really see how thats any better.

5. Brerarnold
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 6:56 pm |

Nurse practitioners etc. are not unlicensed. Get a grip on the facts. This might be a bad thing, it might not be, but they are trained and licensed medical professionals.

It doesn’t matter if a MD performs the abortion, if he hasn’t been trained in the procedure. There is no magic in the letters MD.

Posted September 25, 2012 at 7:24 pm |

# 5 Brerarnold—– by your statement you sound like you know quite a bit about abortions and who is qualified to do them. If so maybe you could explain the procedure to us and why you think it’s not necessary to have the magic MD letters. Is it a simple procedure? I think anyone who has those magic letters has had many years of training. I don’t think they wiggled their noses and the letters appeared. Do you have them is that why you know about them?

7. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 7:35 pm |

Brerarnold will never have an abortion……but anyways…

geezerette, with Brerarnold’s logic, who needs doctors at all?
    I think we’ve just found the back alley to ObamaCare!

Posted September 25, 2012 at 7:36 pm |

The trick is not leaving bits of egg shell in the uterous; right?

9. Posted September 25, 2012 at 7:47 pm |

Hey, abortions are easy. You just shove your hand up their cloaca, or whatever they call it, and yank the little sucker out of there.

And I’m a licensed professional too! Well, Licensed Beautician, anyway.

Okay, I lied about the licensed part. It’s just a hobby, so I only do “beautician-ing” in back alleys. Keeps down on the overhead that way.

10. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 8:02 pm |

The possibilities are endless…. maybe a drive-thru called “The In n Out”… “Vagina Bell”…

11. LLoyd
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 8:03 pm |

Joe 1 and2—that is eggs-zackly THE way its going to be. And I am awfully glad that has a dull bulb, I got it!

Posted September 25, 2012 at 8:14 pm |

Romney won’t be able to change anything except to sign a bill passed by the congress and senate. Then it should only be to return the option to the states.

Now if there were a Constitutional amendment, that would affect all the states.

And the scarcity of doctors will be increased by their retirements if 0blamakare is not repealed. Not by anything from the Romney White House A.F. (After Fumigation)

13. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 8:32 pm |

Somebody help me out here. I’ve always been a bit confused about that whole “safe, legal, and rare” bullshit that came out back in Billy Jeff’s day.

Safe? Well, not so much for the centre of attention – the baby ends up dead no matter where or by whom an abortion is committed (notice I don’t say “performed”), so “safe” seems a bit odd.

Legal? Well, that’s what the argument is about. (Although in the US, that argument is supposed to be fought out in the several states with the feds staying out of it, but I’m just a dumb furriner, so what would I know?….)

But rare? This is where it gets confusing….

Why?

Why “rare”?

This BS slogan is used by people who are in favour of killing babies. Usually people are in favour of things they think are good. And usually people want more of things they think are good. Most folks only want bad things to be rare. So if the advocates of baby-killing want it to be rare, are they actually saying that it’s a bad thing? And if it’s a bad thing, why are they so foaming-at-the-mouth insistent that there be guaranteed publicly-funded access to this bad thing that they think is so wonderful they would crush everyone else’s consciences to enforce …..

(I’ve got to stop now. My brain hurts …..)

14. The Ugly American
    Posted September 25, 2012 at 11:02 pm |

…but they are trained and licensed medical professionals.

There is no magic in the letters MD.

Comment by Brerarnold — September 25, 2012 @ 6:56 pm

Hello.

My name is Maria and I am a graduate of National Career College and I will be performing your abortion today…

15. Posted September 25, 2012 at 11:42 pm |

Don’t forget to tip your abortionist. And the cleaning lady. Ella limpias con Fabuloso!

Mucho gusto!

16. Posted September 26, 2012 at 1:33 am |

If there’s a shortage of abortion providers, it will be because there’s a shortage of doctors – period! They can thank Obamacare for that.

17. fubar
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 4:31 am |

you realize why this was passed ? because deathcare (AKA obamacare) is putting doctors out of business in large numbers.

they want to continue the worship of baal regardless of whether the woman will die or have her sterility destroyed by said process.

18. fubar
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 4:32 am |

oh sorry, peggy, didn’t see your comment.

19. Jess
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 4:59 am |

Well, if an abortion goes wrong, the nurse practitioner can call a plumber, or a CPA for the correct emergency procedure. Of course, they’d all have to be licensed.

Posted September 26, 2012 at 6:17 am |

Hmmm I don’t know about that Jess apparently your don’t even need a license to practice law. Or does that just apply to someone who’s been told they are part Indian. As in the Wherethefuggarewe tribe with the wherethguggisit license.

21. Hank
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 6:19 am |

geezerette, with Brerarnold’s logic, who needs doctors at all?
    I think we’ve just found the back alley to ObamaCare!

Not too far from the truth. We do need doctors for certain things, but we shouldn’t need a doctor for many things we (in the US) which currently require a doctor’s permission for. Technically, a US citizen needs to ask a doc before taking 3 ibuprofen at a time for a muscle sprain. My doc makes me pay for an appointment on top of the lab work when renewing other prescriptions. (“Everything OK”, “Yep”, “OK, labs are fine. Pay the lady”). They can do this since I need the doc’s sig to get my medications (in this country).

22. DougM (November is coming)
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 6:45 am |

LotF (13)
    Good rant.
    Personally, I think the “rare” thing has two parts:
    • It’s like the originally promoted aim of the War on Poverty™, to reduce dependency (you know, nationalizing squalor). It’s the thought that counts, not the results.
    • It’s shorthand for “more contraception and gov’t sex ed.”
    You know, nationalizing sex, procreation, interpersonal recreation, and generally muddling the term “normal.”
    (What? Yeah, might be a new world record for overinterpreting the word “rare.”)

23. Posted September 26, 2012 at 4:48 pm |