makin’ our bed

I don’t know whether Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan can fix things, but I do know that Barack Obama and Joe Biden won’t even try — and that therefore a vote for Obama is a vote for the certainty of national collapse. Look at Lower Manhattan in the dark, and try to imagine what America might look like after the rest of the planet decides it no longer needs the dollar as global reserve currency. For four years, we have had a president who can spend everything but build nothing. Nothing but debt, dependency, and decay. As I said at the beginning, in different ways the response to Hurricane Sandy and Benghazi exemplify the fundamental unseriousness of the superpower at twilight. Whether or not to get serious is the choice facing the electorate on Tuesday….

1. Dave
    Posted November 4, 2012 at 9:58 pm |

If Mitt, Paul, and the American people can’t fix it, no one can.

It’s going to be a landslide, and I’ll call out anyone insane enough to say it won’t.

2. Caged Insanity
    Posted November 4, 2012 at 11:08 pm |

Dave, I’ve been saying “it won’t” for some time now. I believe the voting system is *that* corrupted.

If it got down to real living US citizens voting, it would probably be a landslide, yes, but we’re fighting against the dead, the fraudulent, and the imaginary.

3. JoeBandMember®
    Posted November 5, 2012 at 6:29 am |

The future of this country, that our fathers, grandfathers, brothers, sisters, and now our children fought and died for is at stake tomorrow, in the most critical election most of us will ever see. If The Democrats win, we will crumble into the same anarchy and tyranny that the areas devastated by the hurricane have.

I’m not saying that it will be easy with Romney at the helm, and even with a conservative Congress, but that is the only way to save the republic. The ONLY way available.

God Bless America. We have a chance to rise again.

4. MikeG
    Posted November 5, 2012 at 7:05 am |

Thank every one of you here on the Porch. This has been a long fight, all leading up to tomorrow. We have one more day to get people out to the polls. We ARE up against trickery, and fraud. We will need all hands on deck. We will need to beat these bastards by a comfy margin if we are to win. My gut still tells me Romney/Ryan by 7. This will take everyone’s effort, of course but if you find yourself in a battleground state, you know what to do. And take a couple people to the polls with you while you do it.

And if your are in my Minnesota. For the love of all that is holy…get out there and vote! We can do this!

I’ll likely be doing Get Out The Vote calls today. A lot of you will get at least one call. Do me a personal favor. When you get the call, it is OK to hang up on me, dont make me go through the whole speech. Tell me you are voting for Romney, wish me well, and politely hang up. Let me move on to my next call. I can do over 100 calls an hour.

As Rush said in ’94. “We meet at dawn”

Love you all.

Posted November 5, 2012 at 7:23 am |

Everyone should be voting tomorrow, they should be showing ID and they should be alive. Every absentee ballot should be protected and legal. They should not be voting early and registering as they vote there should be no chance for anyone to cheat. Every state should be the same. Every Sr. in every high school should be required to take a class on what, when, where and how to vote b/4 they can register to vote.
    Pipe dream ——–maybe——-

6. Brad
    Posted November 5, 2012 at 7:35 am |

Best line from the Mark Steyn article regarding the fact that Obama responded to Sandy showing up in a monogrammed Air Force One bomber jacket and the folks in Bengazi got no help at all… “Too bad he is all jacket, no bomber.”

7. Brad
    Posted November 5, 2012 at 7:39 am |

Come to think of it, that visual would make a darned good poster. Obama, speaking in his bomber jacket Eover the title and tag line, BENGAZI All jacket, no bomber.

Posted November 5, 2012 at 7:49 am |

Yes Sondra it’s up to us. It’s the only option we have. Which little box to press with our finger or make a check mark. That is what I’ve been trying to get across b/4 and since I saw the movie 2016. That is what scared me. Watching the citizens of this country –America — starring glassy eyed at Obama like he was a famous celebrity at a concert— he may be lying now but he wasn’t lying then. He told all of them what he intended to do and asked them to help him. He’s only begun to keep his promise to change America and the world. It will be done in the next 4 years if he wins this election. This election is the most important to him/they. He/they care nothing about those glassy eyed followers. He/they want REVENGE for what the evil rich white men have done to this country and the world.

Posted November 5, 2012 at 8:11 am |

MikeG,

You can scratch my name for I absentee voted here in Kalifornicateya 5 days ago. AND, 2 days ago I verified by email to Nevada County that my ballot had been received and ACCEPTED!

As I posted yesterday, “I do not feel like my side is going to retreat; in this battle!”

Prudence militates, “Don`t get cocky.” Heh! Anybody EVER see a Marine who wasn`t cocky?

Posted November 5, 2012 at 8:39 am |

I voted absentee. The Mr. will vote with our Grand daughter who is voting for the first time tomorrow. She can’t wait to vote and encourages others to vote. Her instructor in her government class said in his evaluation of her “she brings a good discussion to the class”. She had Romney/Ryan posters in her bedroom. Not because we all do she’s done this all on her own. As you know most teens do just the opposite of their parents–:)— she and her mother live what’s happening to this country. Her father died when she was three and they’ve been doing it on their own since.

11. Zipser
    Posted November 5, 2012 at 9:20 am |

@Dave. As much as I’d like to agree with you I think we all need to remember two words from 1995.

OJ verdict.

12. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted November 5, 2012 at 11:01 am |

I voted last week.

13. JoeBandMember®
    Posted November 5, 2012 at 7:22 pm |

I love my country and everyone who posts here.

Please, pray for America.

Posted November 6, 2012 at 4:28 pm |

We love us too, Joe…..but you especially, in a wierd sort way…….