good luck with that

Washington voters made their state the first in the nation to legalize recreational pot use on Tuesday, setting up a showdown with a federal government that backs the drug’s prohibition.
_

The outcomes of related measures in Colorado and Oregon were uncertain.

The measure sets up a system of state-licensed marijuana growers, processors and retail stores, where adults over 21 can buy up to an ounce. It also establishes a standard blood test limit for driving under the influence.

Legalization could help bring in hundreds of millions of dollars a year in pot taxes, reduce small-time pot-related arrests and give supporters a chance to show whether decriminalization is a viable strategy in the war on drugs.

The sales won’t start until state officials make rules to govern the legal weed industry…

1. PeggyU
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 11:25 pm |

Again – these myopic dimtards deserve what they get. Their weed’s gonna cost them a lot more now that the state’s got its meat hooks in your grass. They’d better not bitch about it, because they’ve got nobody to blame but themselves.

Isn’t going to hurt me. I don’t use the stuff. Reality is bizarre enough without it.

2. Lee
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 11:56 pm |

I am absolutely ashamed of my fellow Coloradoans! This state used to be a noble state – full of stalwart conservatives. Now, it is full of a bunch of addicted personalities…whether to their goddamned smart-phones or to pot. God have mercy on us.

3. PeggyU
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 12:55 am |

On second thought, maybe I ought to take up smoking. Maybe that will ease the nausea from the next bailout coming down the pipeline …

4. JoeBandMember
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 6:42 am |

When the feds put the stop to this, I wonder if even then, the left will get it.

5. rickn8or
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 7:59 am |

JoeBandMember, I’m hoping the Feds get their noses bloodied by the fist of state’s rights.

But I don’t think it’s going to happen; I think it will be like San Francisco’s medical marijuana clinics, just quietly ignored.

6. Posted November 8, 2012 at 10:30 am |

I don’t understand: to me this was the best thing to come out of this election. The war on drugs is nothing more than a second and far more destructive prohibition. How many times have the police broken into the wrong house? How many people have been killed? How many times have our rights been violated?
    That being said, I highly doubt the feds will sit around and watch their leverage slip away. They’ll do what they can to stop this and, sadly, they’ll probably win.