polling place observation of the day

It was in the 40s this morning here at the Tea Party table, and somebody asked about voter turnout.
A guy said Democrat turnout just seemed high in the morning, ’cause Republicans tended to come out and vote after work.

*badum*dump*tshshsh*

Okay, so it’s an old joke.

1. kinlaw
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 12:36 pm |

Apparently Chrissy Tingles got all hot and bothered about Romney using the word revenge, bagging on him ad infinitum.

Then someone had to tell Chrissy that Obama had said it, and Romney was just commenting on it.

Putz didn’t even know what had happened, in the campaign, which is kinda big news right now.

Can you say “cocooned?”

2. Posted November 6, 2012 at 1:09 pm |

Making calls for rr in smallsbury nc. Every repub I’ve called is/has voted. No hesitation. It’s amazing.

3. mojo
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 1:32 pm |

It’s a cliche – because it’s true.

By 0700, I’m on the job.

4. Ironic in Denver
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 3:05 pm |

Well Doug, the funny thing about that old joke is that I had never heard it, but this AM I was thinking that very though without intending it as a joke.

On the other hand it will take all night to finish stuffing the ballot boxes in some inner city wards. Not that it’s going to do them any good.

5. Fat Baxter
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 6:41 pm |

I originally told my supervisor that I was going to try to vote at 7 AM, so I’d be a bit late coming in. But as things developed yesterday afternoon, we had to have an important meeting this morning to decide something important, so I bit the bullet and came in at my usual time (7 AM).

So I voted after work. I hate having to live life as a stereotype.

BTW, my polling place was the busiest I’ve ever seen it. I had to hunt for an empty seat at a table to fill out my ballot (about 8 seats to a table). Usually, the pace is such that you have a table to yourself.

Alabama’s a lock for Romney. Heck, most of the state and local positions on the ballot had a Republican, with no opponent.

Posted November 6, 2012 at 6:44 pm |

K nine————Yeah clap clap!!!

Posted November 7, 2012 at 1:23 am |

I just got in from an 18+ hour day at the voting place–it’s not just a precinct anymore since anyone living in the county can vote at any of the locations. We had nearly 1500 voters come through today.
    The long part was the reconciliation part of the new system, but we finally got it on the button. I and one assistant were looking at maybe 3;00 to count each ballot and check each permit against the computer before a subtle breakthrough that reconciled each category exactly. If there is a next time, I and my crew will have it down like a science.

I need a hug.