we are the vote we’ve been waiting for

revenge ( ???????????????? ):

or love of country:

1. Ironic in Denver
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 9:25 am |

I was touched by what Romney said.

However, I also thought about crushing national debt, an army of federally empowered leaches, a horrible energy “policy,” no fucking jobs while the party-folks-in-chief golf and junket like good times are here, the price of everything up (especially anything involving energy), my once great country continuously humiliated overseas, a rapidly eroding world power position, a gutted military, dead diplomats, and the endless insult of baldfaced lies that apparently Captain Zero thinks I am too stupid to see through.

Then I thought: “Hey, this could be a dual purpose moment — I can simultaneously vote for the love of my country and for revenge. There’s no either/or about this moment at all.”

2. Ironic in Denver
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 9:30 am |

Actually, I’m finding R&R inspiring on a personal level for a while now.

Picked up a used copy of Romney’s “Turnaround” book, started reading. Think it will do me some good.

3. Claire: pink pig with car keys living in an alternate universe
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 9:52 am |

I’m not clear, Oboboob: “Revenge” for what, exactly?

Posted November 6, 2012 at 10:10 am |

I guess those roosting chickens weren’t enough revenge. I took the Obama campaigns advice and voted with my lady part. I’m proud to say it’s my brain. I voted for love of country and not revenge. I’ve taken good care of my lady parts all by my self and don’t need an Obama presidency to do it for me.

5. Ironic in Denver
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 10:26 am |

3: “Revenge” for what, exactly? For the inconvenience of being forced to run for reelection and endure barbs about his “accomplishments?”

4: A president who concerns himself about lady parts…. ok, not the first president to be concerned about lady parts…. hmmm, the other lady parts presidents in modern times were all Democrats too… hmmm…. hoping for a little more in the near future….

6. Ironic in Denver
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 10:26 am |

^ more than lady parts that is.

7. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 10:42 am |

My brain is a lady part…good one geezerette!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. mojo
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 1:35 pm |

“Always shoot your own dog.”

9. Caged Insanity
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 2:27 pm |

So.. a decision.

Do I check fox news once an hour and slowly watch my country get sucked dry of it’s life and freedom, or just force myself to wait until tomorrow morning and take the punch all at once?

10. Ironic in Denver
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 2:44 pm |

^ Caged, you could do like Hog & take a sleeping pill until tomorrow. That way if things go poorly you can hear about Dec 17 without the all the ups and downs first.

11. Ironic in Denver
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 2:49 pm |

Speaking of Hog, if things go well I hope he posts a suitable tilting squirrel pic tomorrow.

If things go badly, and I have some hope they won’t, then a dead squirrel might be more appropriate.

Posted November 6, 2012 at 2:54 pm |

I have my favorite drink tub all set to either cry in or celebrate with.

13. Ironic in Denver
    Posted November 6, 2012 at 3:50 pm |

Headline from Drudge: “Pregnant mom casts ballot for Obama while in labor…”*

Yep, looks like Obama’s got the labor vote all right.

* Not worth wasting time reading, but if you like, here’s the link:

14. Posted November 6, 2012 at 10:20 pm |

I just had a ham and cheese sandwich and a vodka/tonic, and now I’m going to have another V & T and watch the rest of Gran Torino. The squirrel is laying low right now, and I don’t blame him.