meh

*lifts shoulders*

There ya have it.

Congratulations to the R’s for picking The-Guy-Who-Lost-To-The-Guy-Who-Lost-To-Obobo. Hey, it was his turn…
Was it worth it?

Here in Greece-a-fornia — Leader of The Nation — it’s yet more Greece-a-fukkedya. Thanx fellow citizens! Hope ya’ll enjoy being “Calies” heading for Oklahoma with your mattresses tied to the tops of your beat-up Priouses…

Passed:
Prop 30 [aka "Eat The Rich"]— “Temporary” baaahahahahahaha taxes to “fund education” — with nothing in the fine print to send this $$ anywhere but to the pockets of the thieves & whores™ …erm, the legislature General Fund.

Failed: Prop 32: The goal of this one was to limit the political payola going from public unions to the thieves & whores™ legislature. also to disallow any union from taking your money and giving it to politicians you hate.

Proposition 39: The Let’s Tax Outfits Based Elsewhere and Doing Business in CA Just Like They Are Based in CA “For Eeeeenergy” prop passed Yay! — less business in CA!!

Lest anyone forget, that blue strip along the left is coastal cities and dope-growin’ hippies [and El Salvadorians]. That big blue block at the bottom is desert anchored by Victorville, Compton in the Desert. The little slice of blue on the right side is Mountain Hippies and retirees who couldn’t pay the high prices in the coastal areas. That along the bottom is Mexico.

The gold area of the Golden State along the middle is the richest agricultural area in the world, now lying increasing fallow due to water being cut off by the CircleDs because we neeeed a two-inch non-indigenous trash fish more than food for humans.

But since “we” voted to be a “winner take all” state [two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner], we in the rural, food growing areas are unimportant. …and thoroughly fucked damned, dead duck, done for, lost, luckless, menaced, overthrown, overwhelmed, ruined, sentenced, star-crossed, sunk, suppressed, threatened, thrown down, undone, unfortunate, unredeemed, wrecked.

Gooood Mornin’! Today is the first day of the End of a Grand Experiment. enJOY!

You’ll forgive me, I need go work on my new career as a Bitter Cynical Old Woman …

“We can seize this future together, because we are not as divided as our politics suggest.”

Gotcha…

1. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 9:30 am |

Claire, the only thing in all of this that gives me some comfort ( it just keeps getting worse, eh? ) is that THEY are all the slow runners if YKWIM…

2. Posted November 7, 2012 at 9:43 am |

Hey Everbodies! Look for the Silver Lining, Maybe the Mayans were right, and we can all converge in Sondrakistan and smoke Legal, Recreational Weed while watching the giganto Meteor destroy the earth!

Yippee…….. errrrgh, ptui.

3. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 9:51 am |

Free Obama pot for everybody.

4. kinlaw
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 9:53 am |

Cali is screwed, the economy is going to go into the dumpster, but the media will still find a way to blame Bush, mark my words.

I can’t wait to see the reactions to the fiscal crisis we are going to face. What will they say? Still the Repub’s fault? The evil greedy 1%?

These idiots are going to raise taxes, and take steps to cause energy prices to go up. They don’t think that is going to send the economy into the sh***ter?

What will they say?

PS Sondra, love your new avatar; kinda wondering what you are trying to say with it: she has a very, um, interesting expression.

5. kinlaw
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 9:56 am |

Seriously, Cali is WAY screwed. We just voted to raise taxes. Right, the state has a huge budget deficit, the Un Em is higher than the national average, we have unfunded liabilities in the form of union contracts, businesses are leaving by the busload, and we are going to stifle our economy with further tax increases. Great.

6. kinlaw
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 9:59 am |

Sondra, I know: she has a “told ya” expression on her face.

I am going to take your advice, and just stop worrying about it all. And just congratulate all the lefties I come in contact with, and remind them that they own it now.

Can’t wait to talk to them 6 months down the road to hear their excuses.

7. kinlaw
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 10:03 am |

And you know what the lefties are doing today, right? I am not going to try to find any of them and subject myself to it, but they are so predictable I don’t need to. They are gloating about their political win. Do they REALLY think better times are ahead? I don’t’ know, but I do know this: even if they thought things were going to get a little worse (or a lot worse) they would still be gloating. Because the political win is all they care about.

8. dear heart
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 10:37 am |

The Blue Cancer of Socialism continues to grow.

9. DougM (November is heeeeeere!)
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 10:54 am |

… “Calies” heading for Oklahoma …

Oh, *owwwwwch !*
    The Wrath of Grapes

10. Claire: pink pig with car keys living in an alternate universe
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 10:59 am |

Doug Winz Teh InnarToobz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. DougM (November is heeeeeere!)
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 11:38 am |

^ No.
    Your phrase was the epitome of subtle brilliantness!
    I just needed to make sure folks “got it.”

12. rickn8or
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 1:05 pm |

kinlaw, is this mebbe what you’re thinking of?

13. Posted November 7, 2012 at 3:53 pm |

Interesting. While the Dow & NASDAQ tanks, Sturm Ruger (RGR) +3.04, 6.8%, and Smith Wesson (SWHC) +.91, 9.6%

Posted November 7, 2012 at 4:16 pm |

Claire, you can still illuminate reality without becoming bitter, cynical and old.

Don’t do that.

15. ZZMike
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 7:59 pm |

kinlaw: I’m another inmate in the Asylum Known as California. The three props that Claire noted: 30, 32, 39, which passed, would have been soundly rejected by anyone with an ounce of sense.

Thanks to the union efforts – which 32 just might have prevented in the future – they all passed.

I don’t know about the rest. I’m too depressed. Now I know how morons like Sean Penn felt when GWB was elected. Unfortunately, I’m not ready to go to Canada. Texas and Oklahoma are starting to look promising.

California is like the Titanic, and we’ve just sent out for more ballast to steady the ship.

Barnum was right. There’s a sucker born every minute. And they’ve all become voters.

I would like to say that things can’t possibly get worse, but history is against me.

16. Merovign
    Posted November 7, 2012 at 8:30 pm |

Prop 32 was also a backdoor attack on Citizen’s United. It probably would have led to a court case and re-hearing of that one, as they try to shut up non-union groups *again* (it included “corporations”, not just unions.

Cold comfort given the rest of the crap.

Yeah, raise taxes, that will help. What’s that giant gurgling sound? Oh, the end of the flush.

17. TheOldMan
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 12:34 pm |

The only consolation I can get from 30 passing is that since my company has lost customers over the last three years, my income is no longer enough to be affected by the new income taxes. The sales tax cannot be escaped except by buying as little as possible.

18. ZZMike
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 1:28 pm |

We’ve just handed the keys to California over to the looters and deadbeats. And the unions (but I repeat myself).

The Democrats didn’t win because of their compassionate stands on immigration, abortion, or gay marriage. They won because they’re the Party of Free Stuff.

The trouble is, free stuff doesn’t come cheap. Somebody has to pay for it. If you’re a wage-earner, or a businessman, you’ve just been elected to pay for it.