And now a momentary break from political garment-rending for a weather report.

Wooly.

I’m pretty sure the Farmer’s Almanac calls that a sign of a cold winter. Unless that only applies to caterpillars.

[H/T The Punchline Is Machismo]

1. Posted November 8, 2012 at 9:53 am |

Ok…. It is finally cooling off and raining a bit here in the SoCal. Yay.

OTOH….. I’m thinking that because we all seem to be feeling like “Gloomy Gus”, we should all do something to make us smile.

What, you ask? I’m thinking that “The Asylum” might just be in need of some artwork….. if approved. Check this out on e-bay:

I’ll kick in $20

2. apotheosis
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 10:01 am |

Humor is the only thing keeping me passably sane right now. So yeah.

3. Freddie Sykes
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 10:58 am |

What am I looking at? Is that a sheep in sheep’s clothing?

4. DougM (November is heeeeeere!)
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 12:31 pm |

Hunh …
    I wonder if his toes get cold?

Don’t care. It’s 60-degF, and I’m headin’ out for some golfiness.

5. mojo
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 1:24 pm |

That pose reminds me of the Sheepdog in the old Looney Tunes cartoons…

6. mojo
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 1:38 pm |

7. Posted November 8, 2012 at 2:07 pm |

(#1) Wolff: I approve, and if I had anything near $500 bucks right now, that ‘thing’, or whatever it is, would be adorning my Man-Cave™ right this minute…

And no, this is not a ‘bleg’. But if you think about it, it would probally look purdy nice down there to the Asylum™.

Oh look! Somebody seems to have just pre-set-up a special account, just for that! [after over an hour on the phucking phone!]. I think it’s called “The Squirrel Fund”™

Unfortunately, ‘SHE’ will have to call PayPal @1-888-221-1161 and axe for ‘product site support’ to finalize the deal. Other than that? I want nothing to do with it. I wash my hands. And my squirrel.

Photobucket

Posted November 8, 2012 at 2:57 pm |

How lucky are they you can shave all that off and sell it all I do is put more fat insulation on for the cold weather and it ain’t worth a dam.

9. DougM (November is heeeeeere!)
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 4:46 pm |

mojo,
    Good cultural ref.

10. Buzz
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 6:09 pm |

So, if that’s a sign winter will be cold, how should we interpret the well-insulated queens paying with EBT cards at the grocery?

Posted November 8, 2012 at 6:58 pm |

Doesn’t make hard to pull the wool over his eyes.

Sort of like more than half of teh voters around us.

Wollf, nice artwork!

12. Claire: pink pig with car keys living in an alternate universe
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 9:13 pm |

OMG! Wollf — that is Art!!

13. Posted November 9, 2012 at 2:57 pm |

Yes Claire, that is, indeed, art! And I hardly ever use the word “indeed” in a complete sentence. I’d really hate to see that thing going somewhere other than The Asylum.

I think it would, like, tie the whole room together, whichever room that was.

And no, I have never seen The Big Limbowski, or howevar you spell it. Is that supposed to be some kind of movie, or something? I don’t watch that many movies, so maybe I missed it.

I’m just trying to have a Caucasian over here.

14. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted November 9, 2012 at 6:45 pm |

Evidently, Winter is coming.

15. Posted November 9, 2012 at 6:52 pm |

^ and hey, I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in. Possibly the best song that Kenny Rogers (yes, that Kenny Rogers) ever done sung.

I suppose that now you’re gonna tell me that that song was in this The Large LungBisquit movie that you speak of so fondly?

well, shit…

16. accipiter NW
    Posted November 9, 2012 at 9:16 pm |

Just bought some pairs of socks, and they seem to have extra wool in them too!