heh

not that far

[San FranFreakshow] Proposition F … mandated San Francisco to develop a[n $8-million] plan to eliminate the Hetch Hetchy reservoir, which provides water to San Francisco and other Bay Area cities [2.6-million], and return Yosemite National Park’s Hetch Hetchy Valley to the National Park Service to be restored. [Also clean electric power with powerhouses producing 200, 549 and 427 megawatts.]

Also, water coooonservation and “waste filtration and recycling.” ie, drinking toilet water.] Used toilet water. which would be fine except there is no current way to efficiently filter out many pharmaceuticals and human DNA strands…

The “plan” is to replace hydro- electricity with “wind and solar” neglecting entirely the facts that nothing grows under solar panels, wind generators are noisy and deadly to migratory birds and crazymaking to humans who live near them, and both use rare earths which are non recyclable and are mined, dirtily, in China.

See, apparently any change humans make to our enviiiironment is “Damage!!!!!111!!!.

Accordingly, the next movement will cite the once-pristine beauty of the Yerba Buena Peninsula and pass a measure to restore it to its former grandeur of sand dunes and small wooded glens above swamps protecting moose, elk, bear and a myriad of migratory birds and other endangered species.

Also, DJI down 312.95 (-2.36%), S&P down 33.86 (-2.37%) yesterday in “celebration.”

Teh good nooz? Prop F failed. This time.

1. bob
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 8:08 am |

heh is right, they’re gonna hippy-ize and feel-good legislation themselves into extinction!

Leftism is, inherently, a doomed and self destructive affliction!

2. mojo
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 8:09 am |

Also, the bottom of Hetch Hetchy valley has been under 200+ feet of water for more than a century. Remediation?

My ass.

3. rickn8or
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 8:35 am |

Not a problem, they can all drink bottled water!

Soo glad my son, d-i-l and grandson moved out of there… to Oakland.

(headdesk.)

4. PeggyU
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 9:26 am |

Keep hitting back, Claire. The moonbats are everywhere. The useful idiots really do earnestly believe this is all about “saving” the environment. But environmental policies just serve as tools for the power hungry. Anti-”sprawl” = urban infill = vote manipulation/districting through land use planning. Increase populations in the areas that vote blue – urban areas; disallow growth in red areas – rural areas. According to recent surveys, the political divide is about 50-50 conservative – liberal so I am sure politics plays a big role in “growth management”. We need a ruralization movement to counter the “sustainability” one.

5. Caged Insanity
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 1:55 pm |

Back when this country was being formed, they should have put in a limit, like a 3 strikes law, on how many times a piece of legislation can be modified in repeated attempts to forward a specific agenda.

For as long as I can remember, it’s been the same fucking thing over and over and over again. The traitors come up with some anti-American bullshit change, and then keep hammering away at it until it finally passes.

It’s a good part of the reason things are so out of control right now.

6. DougM (November is heeeeeere!)
    Posted November 8, 2012 at 3:44 pm |

Claire,
    You need to start a petition for a ballot proposition that requires all public utilities (e.g. power, water, sewage, trash disposal) for incorporated cities be located solely within the existing boundaries of said incorporated cities. You might also include all food production, too, then magnanimously allow that to be removed during negotiations (don’t wanna be seen as inflexible, do we?).

As justification, you could claim that it is socially unfair, economically unjust, threatening to wildlife, and ecologically unsustainable for urban centers to leech off rural areas trying to maintain their connection to the natural environment.

Posted November 8, 2012 at 6:31 pm |

And while you’re at it, rent the land under the solar panels for 1 cent per acre to cultivate mushrooms. . .

sort of like making lemonade.

8. Posted November 8, 2012 at 6:34 pm |

DougM & Claire (6) Good luck with that ballot propisition. The only way you can ever achieve that is to get rid of Waste Management Hog Whitman Says:
    DougM (14)

Am currently turning the Pages to the book of Job…

Lessee… there’s Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Joshua, Judges, Ruth. Oh shit, I forgot Deuteronomy! I almost always forget Deuteronomy, again! I like to think that that’s forgivable because nothing rhymes with Deuteronomy, but maybe that’s just me. [okay, maybe Colonectomy comes close, but don’t tell Anybody I said that, mmmkay?]

Uhm, where were we? Oh yeah, Job. I’ll get there… just have some patience, fer chrissakes. I’m even beginning to think that there’s a reason why they call it a “Job”. Have you ever thought about that? It wouldn’t surprise me. I have.

Yea! I just found it! It’s on page 411 [prophetic?], right before Psalms. I like Psalms. Maybe I’ll read them too, while I’m at it. Proverbs are also good, but they can wait ‘till things get settled-down around here.

Meanwhile, I need to keep watching the 1956 Cecil B. DeMille classic, The Ten Commandments on my ROKU, because it’s only a 48hr. rental, I think.

{screeeeech!} [cough] “Welcome to Wal-Mart! And don’t forget that today we have handbaskets on sale on aisle #13! Thank you, and thank you for shopping Wal-Mart!©