Happy Birthday US Marine Corps!!!!!!!!

( * )

1. Posted November 10, 2012 at 6:23 pm |

237 years…..God bless ya’ one and all.

FAUX Neuws had a fitting tribute this morning…The oldest and the youngest sharing the birthday cake.

May God bless you always, Devil Dogs, Jar Heads, Red Jackets….and other names what don’t belong on a fambly blog.

Always at the front….God, Country and Corps.

2. kinlaw
    Posted November 10, 2012 at 6:51 pm |

No finer friend, no worse enemy.

God bless the Corps.

3. Occaisional poster
    Posted November 10, 2012 at 7:11 pm |

God Bless ‘em all that served, esp. Uncle Vic USMC Korea ’50-’51 1/1/1 Co B.

4. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted November 10, 2012 at 7:35 pm |

Reckon spankings would be inappropriate, huh?

5. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted November 10, 2012 at 7:57 pm |

I GOT TO MEET AND HAVE MY PICTURE TAKEN WITH A GUY WHO FOUGHT IN THE THE BATTLE OF CHOSIN RESERVOIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the Marine Corps birthday no less!

6. ZZMike
    Posted November 10, 2012 at 8:29 pm |

Congratulations, SondraK! ! !

So don’t just sit there, mouth agape – tell us what happened!

7. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted November 10, 2012 at 8:41 pm |

^ I just started flirting with them all in the foyer of Cabela’s…they were there collecting for Veterans.

I was so excited I forgot to even ask his name or get his autograph!

8. rickn8or
    Posted November 10, 2012 at 8:56 pm |

Glad WE’VE got U.S. Marines and everybody else has to get by with a second-rate imitation.

Posted November 10, 2012 at 9:01 pm |

Sondra, there’s something special about being with those old guys who’ve seen one of the legendary elephants and smelt his hide, isn’t there?
    In 1995, I had the privilege of meeting Gen. Ray Davis, USMC (ret.), who was awarded the MOH for his actions at Chosin Reservoir. He was the guest of honor in a ceremony at Marine Barracks Washington, where busloads of the Chosin Few gathered after the dedication of the Korean War Memorial.
    That same evening, I watched Semper Fidelis carried out in real time. After the Battle of Chosin Reservoir, General James Lawrence nominated Edward “Bud” Seeburger for the Navy Cross for his heroism there. Decades later, after learning that his nomination had been lost in a fire, Gen. Lawrence resubmitted the paperwork. That night at Marine Barracks Washington, the announcer called “Lt. Edward Seeburger, center walk”, Ruffles and Flourishes sounded, and the Sec Nav awarded the Navy Cross to Seeburger, 45 years after the battle, in front of hundreds of the Chosin Few.
    I’ll never forget that evening.

10. Posted November 10, 2012 at 10:20 pm |

Mrs. True Blue Sam’s father has been gone almost two years now; he fought death like a Marine all the way. God Bless His soul. He was in the 21st Regiment, 3rd Marine Division. We miss you, O. T.

11. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted November 10, 2012 at 10:40 pm |

This guy’s like high 80′s and still had a pretty firm grip around my waist :)

What. a. man.

Today really cheered me up.

12. MCPO
    Posted November 10, 2012 at 11:16 pm |

Happy birthday Marines. It was my honor to serve alongside you in our Naval Service.

Posted November 11, 2012 at 11:11 am |

Lucky guys —Lucky girl.

14. Posted November 11, 2012 at 6:25 pm |

Semper Fi, all. My Dad, GRHS, fought on Peleliu, was at Chosin and the beginning of the Vietnam Nam war before he retired.

Posted November 11, 2012 at 8:34 pm |

^ Wollf (14) – sorry he’s gone. My Dad flew West in 2008. There was something comforting about having the WW2 generation around, wasn’t there?
    They sure set an example for us, their children. They worked hard dirty jobs and did without through the Depression and then they stepped up to fight a world war and did without some more, and through it all, they saw what had to be done and did it. Looking back, I can now see that what they did was extraordinary, for their willingness to sacrifice, work hard, love their kids and do it all with a quiet determination and good humor that was comforting and inspiring.
    I am deeply honored to have had the opportunity to grow up among them.