so there’s that. indeed.

I am often overwhelmed by your kindness and generosities both tangible and especially the intangible to me and each other. It’s quite extraordinary when you think about it.

I’ve stopped trying to keep track of it all not because I take it for granted, but because it’s impossible. I come across notes and lists from all the stuff we’ve done together from time to time…but they’re just scribbles that provided me some track. The real reminder is waking up every day and knowing you’re all still out there……….

I am truly blessed.

Thank you for that.

1. The Ugly American
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 12:56 am |

2. Merovign
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 12:57 am |

Well. I once helped you buy a sock hat.

So you’re welcome for that.

Other than that I don’t think I did anything special.

3. Mumblix Grumph
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 3:49 am |

How many years have I been staggering around here? A long time.

Thanks to you I got to meet Donald Rumsfeld for cryin’ out loud!

It’s been a great ride so far, even if the political climate is kind of gloomy right now.

We’ll be OK.

4. LostLiberty
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 4:47 am |

As the younger folks are so fond of saying…”That’s how we roll!”

5. icemaned13
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 5:45 am |

Thank you for this blog and allowing me the pleasure and privilege to be a part of it.

6. MikeG
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 7:17 am |

One of the things that is going to help us survive these next few years is our ability to find a group of people that we can depend on. Indeed we have been so proud of our self sufficiency (and we SHOULD be,) that at times it makes us feel a bit isolated. My new goal is to find more people that I can count on. People that would be literally willing to take a bullet for me, and people I would be willing to take a bullet for as well.

Though we’ve never met, and likely never will, you all on the Porch are those kind of people.

Thank you all.

Posted November 21, 2012 at 7:31 am |

Aw, shucks.

You make us want to be better porch minkees.

8. rickn8or
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 8:25 am |

I’m just happy to be able to play here on the porch.

Soo glad to find other people like me on the Internets. (Well, maybe not too much like me.)

9. MikeG
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 8:31 am |

Oh. That whole “taking a bullet” thing? I was thinking about taking a round in the shoulder or the buttocks or something. I mean, I f you wanna take one in the ticker, that’s your business I guess. I wouldn’t recommend it.

10. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 8:41 am |

Not MY buttocks dude!

Posted November 21, 2012 at 8:44 am |

Oh.^

I was thinking along the lines of finding a good deal on ammo and picking up an extra box or two for a friend.

But yeah, if it gives you time to reload and get a bead, or to cover, yeah, i’ll do that too.

Posted November 21, 2012 at 8:44 am |

We`ve always been out here. However, for years all we did was cuss, get drunk, argue (…mostly about whoda fuck is gonna clean the place up…), get pissed, clean weapons, declare unofficial war on jist about everthang, BUT mostly, we all agreed that, “We have gotta get a Public Relations Person who can make us *fucking famous*!

Then, YOU knocked on the door……..!!! And said, “You want fame; easy, just send your trash to me! And otherwise, STFU about your Nimno Shit; Geezus Cbrist on a popcycle stick!!!!

Posted November 21, 2012 at 8:50 am |

Re: ^(10) @:45, substitute buttocks for breasts.

14. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 10:16 am |

Thanks Headmissy, for allowing us to hang out on your porch. Sorry sometimes about the mess.

15. TomR, armed in Texas
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 10:16 am |

It’s been a good ride and we ain’t otta gas yet.

16. apotheosis
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 10:33 am |

Y’all keep me sane. Relatively speakin’.

I’m grateful for every one of you.

17. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 11:31 am |

Missy,
    It is you who are generous.
    After all, where else could I post for $?? a month.
    (What? Oh, I can’t remember, but it’s not very much. Anyway, it’s all I could afford.)

mech (13)
    … but no shortage of perfect boobs.
    Which is why we are gathered here, I suppose, in self-defense.

18. Posted November 21, 2012 at 11:36 am |

Lessee,
    There was this time when our lil’ Sprocket Cat had racked up quite a Vet bill while I was unemployed. All of a sudden a whole bunch’a'minkees showed up with financial help and strong arms to hold and support Ms. D and I.

Seems there was another time when one of the minkees was havin’ trouble takin’ on enough fuel oil for the winter…..Yeup! It happened again.

Never would have known about “A cuppa Joe for a Joe”, Wounded Warrior Project, Soldiers Angels without the headmissy.

Then there’s y’all. ^^^ What apotheosis said….relative sanity.^^^

Melissy MinTX and couple of others have become very good friends to me. Its an amazing place, this Institute with a front porch that spans the continent….and more. May God bless y’all!!!

19. blindshooter
    Posted November 21, 2012 at 2:57 pm |

Thank YOU!
    Wishing you all a good Thanksgiving.
    I’m gonna help my friends BBQ 6 turkeys in the AM, eat too much and then nap.

Posted November 21, 2012 at 10:13 pm |

Adding to Sven’s list – the Porch’s good wishes and prayers helped me through a bout with cancer – clean 3-1/2 years now. Thanks to you all, and I hope you all can spend tomorrow with people you love, and amidst them reflect on and give thanks for our many blessings.

21. Posted November 22, 2012 at 11:26 am |

Not in the HeadMissy’s Beau-tocks!

22. JoeBandMember©®
    Posted November 22, 2012 at 1:03 pm |

Things I’m thankful for:

God is still who he says he is.

I am not a liberal.

This website.

I have a skilled job.

I don’t live in Olympia.

23. JoeBandMember©®
    Posted November 22, 2012 at 1:05 pm |

Also, that I’ve got to meet certain inhabitants of The Porch.

24. kinlaw
    Posted November 22, 2012 at 9:23 pm |

Huggzz Headmissy

luv yas

25. Veranda
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 6:21 am |

Posted November 21, 2012 at 8:25 am |
    I’m just happy to be able to play here on the porch.

Me too :)