99% savings

…Johnson and White brought tents, put on layered clothing and played a friendly game of cards.

They got an early start because they both expect to save $1,000 or more by shopping on a day that typically offers deep discounts. It’s also the second consecutive year they have been first in line, Johnson said.

He said he planned to buy three TVs, two laptop computers and one tablet computer, while White planned to buy TVs, a Blu-ray player, a camera and video games.

Buy those items any other time of the year and it might cost him $3,000, said Johnson about his purchases. But by shopping on Black Friday he expected to save $1,500. White, too, expected to save nearly $1,000 on his purchases. That helps, he said, because he’s unable to work

Finish your assignment! »

1. Jess
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 12:18 pm |

It’s madness and I have no idea why anyone would participate in the event.

Posted November 23, 2012 at 12:19 pm |

To think there are starving babies in Africa. I wonder who they all voted for.

3. PatrickP
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 12:32 pm |

Most embarrassing day of the year for this country.

Posted November 23, 2012 at 12:38 pm |

#3 Election day was. This proves why it turned out the way it did.

5. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm |

JR and I watched “Planet of the Apes” last night……

6. Posted November 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm |

This is precisely the kind of crap that gives Capitalism a bad name. And the unruly participants are mostly the takers who voted for Barackula Ogabe.

7. Posted November 23, 2012 at 12:59 pm |

My Wife is a bit of an adventurer, explored the Galapagos, Easter Island, the Amazon, Macchu Pichu, to name a few, but last night she made the most treacherous journey of all. Midnite Madness at our local Kohls department store.

She said she’d never do it again. She didn’t even have an Indigenous Guide. ;)

8. Caged Insanity
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 1:33 pm |

I wonder how many blacks assume that this is a holiday about them.

9. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 1:38 pm |

Here I was going to ask if the term Black Friday is racist, and CI shows up and volunteers to serve as community target for this post. So, with no further ado …..

RACISSSSS!!!!

(There. Don’t we all feel better now?)

10. JoeBandMember ™
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 1:42 pm |

Mass hysteria.

Just a sample of what’s in store for this country as Obamacare and the fiscal cliff take hold.

You’ll see this at the grocery store.

I DO hope I’m wrong, but we all can see the direction we’re headed.

Buy more guns and ammo.

NOW!

11. JoeBandMember ™
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 1:45 pm |

Had dinner yesterday with some people who voted for Obama.

An exercise in self control, which somehow I got through.

Today, I’m staring at the wall, talking to myself.

Haven’t said Huh? yet…

12. Posted November 23, 2012 at 1:58 pm |

God Bless America

I can’t believe I’m the first one to say that.

Posted November 23, 2012 at 2:12 pm |

You forgot the follow up video of piranhas feeding or army ants stripping a forest.

14. Caged Insanity
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 2:55 pm |

Seriously though. I’d like to see a mass survey of several million blacks and see what percentage of them think that Black Friday is about “African-Americans”.

15. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 3:13 pm |

^ Sad to say, CI, but it would probably be a very high percentage. Remember how one dumb-ass considered “black hole” to be a racist term.

I suppose this all falls under the category of black humour …..

16. JoeBandMember™
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 3:53 pm |

Black Friday madness is a good rehearsal for this:

17. PeggyU
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 4:11 pm |

Unable to work? Seems like he’s working the system very well.

18. rickn8or
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 4:46 pm |

^Lord of the Fleas, not to mention the word “niggardly.”

I’m more worried about Rumsfeld than any of these idjits.

Posted November 23, 2012 at 5:04 pm |

Remember how one dumb-ass considered “black hole” to be a racist term.
    Well, in a culture where mutha is baby’s first half word, “black hole” morphs automatically to “black asshole” and the blame whitey fight is on.

Posted November 23, 2012 at 5:31 pm |

Little wonder the electorate has no concept of politics! The capture of our Education system gave birth to this……..The RATz got their votes right fucking here…………….

Posted November 23, 2012 at 6:57 pm |

He has the guts to say the American people voted for him because they agree with his policies. Do those people look like they know what his actual f’ing policies are?

22. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 7:53 pm |

JoeBM (10)
    “Buy more guns and ammo, NOW”
    buuut not on Black Friday.

23. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 8:07 pm |

^ Yea….and like, don’t start your emergency preparedness during an emergency either.

#3: a big stupid tee vee DEFINITELY isn’t worth risking your life for……..

24. kinlaw
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 8:38 pm |

If you want to join us, you’ve got to hate the Romans.

I do hate the Romans.

How much?

A lot!

Right you’re in.

25. Posted November 23, 2012 at 8:42 pm |

I’ve been looking for another opportunity to use the expression, “barbarians among us,” and this is it.

Posted November 23, 2012 at 9:45 pm |

Went to Wallyworld Wed afternoon, stood in line at the automotive cashier, listened to the ‘buhlack’ cashier sullenly argue with a black customer about a charge on his oil change ticket. She kept repeating “thass wha it costs” and never justified the charge nor offered any rationale to the disputed amount. I hoped by maybe making peace we might move the now long line along, so I stepped up and asked to see the ticket. The poor guy had a right to be angry – she charged him $16 for a gallon of oil and another $16 for the fifth quart to make up his total oil change. After taking his side and trying to explain the error to her, she just kept arguing “thass wha a bottle of ohl cost”.
    The stupid, nasty black bitch didn’t know the difference between a gallon and a quart.
    And people like her is why I’d never, ever, go out on “black” Friday.

27. MikeG
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 9:50 pm |

Last night was my first, and last Pre-Black Friday/Black Friday shopping. (Of course, I was armed!) People were well behaved here, but more standing around in the cold MN wind than I needed. Only reason I was there was because our son needed a new TV. Seriously, his was ka-put. Round here were dont generally spend money on the new stuff if the old stuff still works. It’s embarassing how many TVs are in this house, but every one of them are the old dinosaurs. No flat screen, HD, 3D, Plasma, LED, whatever here. If one dies we’ll replace it, not until then, and not because the marketers say I have to because it’s Black Friday. Anyway, I will wait in line for a short while to save $100. That’s still real money to us “1 percenters”

28. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 10:08 pm |

Relax and view it as a new sport.

29. The Ugly American
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 11:03 pm |

Heh …was just talking on the phone with a friend about all this nonsense and comparing it to “the scoops” from Soylent Green …then I clicked on KisP…

30. Buzz D.
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 9:46 am |

I never figured out how one can save money when they spend money. I told my long suffering wife that if we went to Black Friday, and if I was pushed by another shopper, the outcome would be that she would have to bail me out of jail; there goes the money we would have saved by buying inferior crap.