today’s visual non sequitur

Posted November 24, 2012 at 7:41 am |

I should have known better– I looked– I must admit I turned off the sound and kept looking for a bit longer– I wonder— If there were enough intelligent beings in this world would anyone watch them and would they be paid meeelions to act so stupid? People were cheering???????????

2. bocopro
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 7:51 am |

Crackers.
    Rozzers.
    Grotskies.
    Snys.
    Doats & merzis.

There they are a-standin in a row waiting for their boneless ice cream and trying to decide whether to walk to school or carry a sack lunch.

3. Freddie Sykes
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 8:11 am |

If we were animals, the ASPCA would have you arrested for posting that.

4. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 8:42 am |

Heyyyy, guys, at least she has a job.
    (What? *heh* Yeah, and she can’t crush you in a Black Friday stampede, although I’d sure let ‘er try.)

5. Buzz D.
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 9:36 am |

I miss Steve Allen, Johnny Carson and Jack Paar. Does that date me? I don’t give a flying fluck.

6. bocopro
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 10:00 am |

Ah, yes . . . Steverino.

Writer, composer, musician, producer, actor, moderator, entertainer par excellence . . . the only thing he never mastered was giving live birth.

7. Freddie Sykes
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 10:31 am |

You have to be doing something right to get Jerry Lee Lewis to name a son after you.

Well, you know the old saying…

Posted November 24, 2012 at 11:39 am |

With very generation the generation before asks what’s this world is coming to. Now we’re asking the same question. I hate to think what the world will be like when this generation is asking the same question. I’m glad I’ll be put in the coral with the horses to die by then.

9. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 11:57 am |

I didn’t watch to the end. Did I miss anything?

10. bocopro
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 12:04 pm |

The origin of this is in dispute, but I’ve used it in various contexts for decades, and Socco’s been dead for 2400 years:

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter [twitter] in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross [and open] their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

Attributed to SOCRATES by Plato, according to William L.
    Patty and Louise S. Johnson, Personality and Adjustment, p. 277
    (1953).”

11. iD
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 12:51 pm |

Alan-

You missed Jimmy screaming and falling down, and another peek at Lindsay’s legs (thin but still very nice) as she sheepishly tried to escape through the curtain.

Not much in the way of quality entertainment there, but since it was the delectable Miss Lohan, I’m sure TUA loved it.

12. iD
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 1:12 pm |

And I just remembered, her near-namesake Lindsey Vonn is single again.

Posted November 24, 2012 at 2:20 pm |

Indeed iD.

Christmas will be here soon and Danica Patrick is also single again.

14. The Ugly American
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 3:15 pm |

I just love the whole absurdity of it.

Fallon’s been doing this bit off and on since 2009…

15. The Ugly American
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 3:20 pm |

…and yes I will be watching the awesome train wreck that is Liz & Dick this Sunday on Lifetime.

I predict huge ratings/viewership numbers…