mmmelty marshmallows

A new poll from CNN/ORC shows that President Obama remains Teflon despite the fact that he designed the upcoming fiscal cliff to speculation. Even though Obama insisted on massive defense cuts and huge tax increases as the two alternative parts of the fiscal cliff, the American public will apparently blame Republicans if the fiscal cliff isn’t stopped. A full 45% of respondents said they would blame Congressional Republicans – even though the Democrats control the Senate – while just 34% would blame President Obama…

Posted November 27, 2012 at 8:33 am |

Refer to DougM’s Pravda link below.

How these people breathe without an external app baffles me.

2. MikeG
    Posted November 27, 2012 at 9:31 am |

MY JOB

It’s not my job to run the train, the whistle I can’t blow.

It’s not for me to say how far the train’s allowed to go.

I’m not allowed to blow off steam, nor even clang the bell.

But let the damn thing jump the tracks….and see who catches hell!

3. Claire
    Posted November 27, 2012 at 9:38 am |

“Protected like a red-eared frog in a Tomales Bay restaurant” ≠ “Teflon”

4. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted November 27, 2012 at 9:56 am |

Because that’s what they’re told to think.

Posted November 27, 2012 at 9:58 am |

Speaking of the inauguration( a couple comments ago) –Sorry– but I just have to mention Hope n’ Change cartoon about Obama’s new Presidential Anthem. HO HO HO!!
    O.K. now back to mmmmmelty marshmallows—
    Give him everything he wants–but first— pass a budget for the first time in 3 years and sign into law a bill saying they will not blame anyone else but themselves when the shit hits the fan. Not even President Bush.

6. rustbucket
    Posted November 27, 2012 at 2:08 pm |

Numbers!!!Arrgghhh, no more numbers!!!
    Just give me my free shit!

7. Fat Baxter
    Posted November 27, 2012 at 6:22 pm |

I think the GOP should give them everything they want, and more. Suggest every previously failed tax proposal; wedge them all in there. Get creative and propose some more.

Then when the legislation comes up for a vote, vote “present” and let the Democrats own it all.

Posted November 27, 2012 at 7:21 pm |

#7– I say let them own it all to. They’ve been getting away with murder (literally) for years and blaming everyone but themselves. He was elected he deserves it. When the shit hits the fan and it will he owns it. Sick and tired of them coming up with “stuff” they know the Republicans won’t do and than blaming them for being the do nothing congress. Democrats have the presidency and the senate— it’s all yours man. No more of this present shit. Show us what you have and give the people who voted for you what you promised.

9. Buzz
    Posted November 27, 2012 at 7:57 pm |

We.
    Are.
    F_cking.
    Morons.

How can people still swallow the “I inherited” bullshit?
    How can people not hold the Democrat-controlled Senate responsible for lack of a budget?
    How can people seriously blame the party that controls one house of congress, but not the presidency or the other house?

By some of the conversations I’ve had or overheard in the last couple years, the conversion of America to Idiocracy is pretty well complete.
    I’ll be in my bunk. Sadly, not thinking about Inara or Kaylee, just crying.

10. Paul
    Posted November 27, 2012 at 8:30 pm |

“A full 45% of respondents said they would blame Congressional Republicans – even though the Democrats control the Senate – while just 34% would blame President Obama”

And these are the same polls that showed Mitt ahead?

Yea, right.

Posted November 27, 2012 at 8:59 pm |

^^(10) Well we are the best at turning on our own.
    It could be that whole short sightedness thing, playing x-box or checkers instead of chess– instant gratification denied turned to tantrum.
    I was hearing a radio talk show this afternoon where everybody knew all the mistakes the GOP made and how they would fix it. Doubtful that any of them has darkened the doorway of the Repub or Tea Party HQ or events. some were comparing Mittens to Reagan and the big diff I see is that Ron owned his ideas for many years before even running for governor and expressed himself with a more natural and cohesive message. Dare I say deeper?

We need less dependence on the professional campaign staffs and need more candidates who understand how to communicate their message and how to avoid the traps laid by teh media.

We need more education and training now instead of the weeks before the next election– I seem to remember Col Jerry mentioning that about his Tea Party and a longer range plan. . .