today’s KisP fun facts

…”In Entitlement America, The Head Of A Household Of Four Making Minimum Wage Has More Disposable Income Than A Family Making $60,000 A Year.” In it we merely explained what has become the painful reality in America: for increasingly more it is now more lucrative – in the form of actual disposable income – to sit, do nothing, and collect various welfare entitlements, than to work. This is graphically, and very painfully confirmed, in the below chart…

1. Fat Baxter
    Posted November 28, 2012 at 4:57 pm |

I’ve said it before: welfare should be a survival wage, not a living wage. Just enough to buy 1500 calories per day.

Posted November 28, 2012 at 6:21 pm |

I been wondering about Cloward/Pivening the Uhbamunists – I’m depressed after the past four years, surely near insane under Big Sis rules, being a Tea Partier and all, and could prolly qualify for food stamps pretty soon, what with the poverty level rising and my pension fixed.
    If i win a piece of the Powerball, I’m donating my house to the county for Section 8 housing, maybe a halfway house for drug addicts and sex offenders. Did I mention I have two households of liberal government employed, tree hugging assholes right next to me on the one side, and a certifiable bipolar on the other side?
    Heh heh.

Posted November 28, 2012 at 9:14 pm |

I never figured it out, but my cousin, same age as me, twice daily milked 14 cows, slopped 7 hogs, fed 4 hunting dogs, fed/watered 350 chickens & gathered their eggs/weighed each one & boxed for a Saturday delivery to nearest town, provided plenty of catfish/bass by fishing at night, same by hunting squirrels/quail/rabbits/ducks for the table and collecting bottles on the highway for fishing tackle money and rifle/shotgun ammo for hunting. All this before we were age 16 and got drivers licenses. Natch, we were driving tractors in the field before age 16…..

And the only thing that put the kibosh one the two of us freely laboring was first ever girlfriends telling us to take a fucking hike!

“Pussy” drove me into the USMC as a Private and 26 yrs later retiring as a full Colonel, fighter pilot w 7500 hrs in jets and having seen the world on carrier cruises, war and overseas deployments to everyfuckingwhere.

THE most powerful thing on earth is a “pussy” with a brain attached; I swan………………….

Ask “Slick Willy” if you question my logic………….

4. Posted November 28, 2012 at 9:18 pm |

You lost me right about that “Highest Welfare Cliff” deal. That graph is a real sumbitch to read.

5. Merovign
    Posted November 28, 2012 at 11:49 pm |

Very rich societies can afford to see that no acorn falls unattended.

But societies that attack their own economies and incentivize people toward rent-seeking can’t stay rich.

That’s why civilizations tend not to be nice places to live indefinitely.

Posted November 29, 2012 at 12:10 am |

^^^^^Which is why^^^^^

3 out of 4 of us do not plan to live indefinately!……..?

7. Hopefulone
    Posted November 29, 2012 at 3:38 am |

1) The federal give-aways are 2/3 of the “budget.”
    2) The gubmint would not be in debt were it not for this “spending.”
    3) It is immoral to make it possible for people to not fight for their own success, through hard work and productivity. It makes them bitter, greedy, vain shells of humans. It is (possibly) well-intentioned poisoning.
    4) Our children and their children should not be burdened with huge debt to pay for this immorality.

Posted November 29, 2012 at 8:12 am |

The problem with it is it’s either or. There is no supplement (help)– for a part time job without benefits. If you want to keep the masses down and dependent on the government this is the way to do it.
    I had to get a new health care plan. Advice to you whipper snappers who are still working and saving for that long awaited fun in the sun retirement. Health Ins./or Obama care— is not FREE. You’ll be paying more for your health care than your car/house/rent payment.
    If you don’t have a prescription plan because you can afford your meds. and than you need one because now you do need costly meds. you will be fined for all the years you went without one.