Someone is Confused…

I think it is not I

Let’s consider some statements by a duly elected representative of The People of the Great State of Georgia.

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.):“These corporations, along with the people they support, other millionaires who they’re putting into office, are stealing your government. They’re stealing the government …”

hm… Ya mean like the Banks Too Big To Fail getting special rates on money to balance out their losses on bad mortgage derivatives while individual citizens and small businesses go begging for capital? Or GE utilizing taxpayer money through USAID to take over modernize and help Myanmar? That sort of thingie?

“They control the patterns of thinking, They control the media. They control the messages that you get. … I mean, we are all confused people and we’re poking fingers at each other saying, well you’re black, you’re Hispanic, immigration, homosexuals. You know, we’re lost on the social issues, abortion, contraception.

Most certainly the appearance is that the govt certainly takes no pains to discourage the the media corporations from taking up silly political talking points which, in the name of heeeelping, encourages The People to break up into little identity groups for the purpose of fighting over little pieces of The One Pie, when they could be featuring the commonalities of The People and encouraging all to work together to make more danged pies.

And I don’t see on the ground that “We” are “poking fingers at each other” so much as we are are being exhorted by Identity Group Whores to line up behind them and fill their pockets. What is a half-black, half-mexican lesbian to do?!? The pressure must be intense. I’m grateful that, as a honkey broad, I have only the feminists exhorting me and, let’s face it, they’re pretty unattractive, thus easy to ignore.

Overall, the appearance is that *someone[s]* would prefer The People to be divided and squabbling over crumbs. So — on the surface — it seems this fella might be on to something. He might be talking about some things I’ve been thinking.

But… I may have left out some key phrases.

I’ll add them back here.

“They control the patterns of thinking,” said Johnson. “They control the media. They control the messages that you get. So, you are being taught to hate your government–don’t want government, but keep your hands off of my Medicare by the way. I mean, we are all confused people and we’re poking fingers at each other saying, well you’re black, you’re Hispanic, immigration, homosexuals. You know, we’re lost on the social issues, abortion, contraception.

Ahh. The old game of using partial truths to muddy the water and hare off in the opposite direction.

“And these folks,” Johnson said, “are setting up a scenario where they’re privatizing every aspect of our lives as we know it. So, wake up! Wake up!

Whaaa? OMGOMG!!! They’re trying to give me control of My Life??!?!? Those Basssssssturds!!!

erm… wait. Just exactly how is OboboKare giving me more control of my Life? I hear my Health Insurance rates are going up by 25% next year so I’ll have less wherewithal to do what I want. My taxes are going up, too, so even less wherewithal. Regulations are preventing me from starting a new business while making anything I do in my current business harder and harder, more and more expensive. I even hear that if you are “caught” yawning at a stop light you can be pulled over on suspicion of “tired driving.” And I’m hearing discussions of how it would be a great new idea for the govt to take over buy out people’s IRA / 401K retirement accounts in exchange for a promise of a bigger Social Security check. Whenever they decide you’re allowed to retire.

I do not think this fella knows what that word privatizing means….

“…So, wake up! Wake up! Let’s look at what’s happening. We need a constitutional amendment to allow the legislature to control the so-called free speech rights of corporations.

When they came for the corporations I said nothing for I was not a corporation…

The bottom line on all this is that every time you hear *someone* saying that someone else ought to be silenced by the violent force of govt, you are being told that you are too stupid to recognize bullshitte for yourself. Oh, and that *someone* is getting ready to pull something on ya.

Rodgie

1. Max
    Posted December 2, 2012 at 10:45 am |

That’s the same Representative who famously, during the course of questioning an Admiral, revealed his fear that the island of Guam might “tip over” if we continued to place military resources there.

2. JoeBannedMember&#8482
    Posted December 2, 2012 at 11:09 am |

My own experience tells me that one of the most inportant things to the tolerant, diverse, “progressives” is to silence anyone who dares to disagree.

We ain’t seen nuthin’ yet, my friends.

Be prepared.

3. JoeBannedMember™
    Posted December 2, 2012 at 11:11 am |

Yeah, I know, I can’t type or code worth a crap.

4. bocopro
    Posted December 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm |

This guy is THE classic example of the insidious disease that infects the body of government. Clearly the cells of his cerebrum are suffering from long-term attack by a fasciitis, a flesh-destroying saprophytic virus which first feasts upon the essence of the host and then ultimately turns it into necrotic dead flesh.

In the larger macro scale, governmentitis works exactly the same way on the populace upon which it depends. At first the parasitic relationship appears to be symbiotic in that both gain from the relationship. But the bacterium is actually working only to its own ends, knowing that it can survive by feeding on the dead remains of the host until a new source of nourishment appears.

Once it realizes that all it needs do is demand and it will receive what it wants, government becomes a true parasite, and as Ronaldus Maximus liked to say, it no longer serves as a solution to society’s problems for which it was born, raised, and cultivated but in reality becomes the problem.

Posted December 2, 2012 at 2:08 pm |

I would like to be proven wrong, but my common sense tells me that:
    1. We lost control of Education.
    2. We lost control of Government.
    3. We lost control of proven Economics.
    4. We lost control of a free press.
    5. We lost control of decent morality.

All of these things are connected to each other. Attempting to deal with them separately will not work. If someone comes along to lead us in correctlng all these things, it will be a *first* in the history of mankind (…as I read history…).

I don`t know if “American exceptualism” even exists anymore. If it does not, we are done for. And it won`t be peaceful when the time comes…..

Posted December 2, 2012 at 3:09 pm |

it won`t be peaceful when the time comes…..
    The Uhbamunists are prepping the battlefield as we write, militarizing formerly paper pushing, reconstruction and investigatory agencies, funding and maneuvering within the UN to undermine our sovereignty and trump the Constitution, undermining our currency to make productive people subject to the heel of government, funding research into surveillance and crowd control systems for domestic use by both Fed agencies and local and state police forces, ignoring more and more of the Constitution and esp. the Bill of Rights, and don’t forget the stocking of the entire Judicial branch at every level with statist, policy making drones and zealots sympathetic to Prog goals, who believe that the Constitution is an obstacle to be overcome rather than the standard for all law in this country.
    Time’s awasting and I feel helpless and alone with people i counted on in Congress getting mushy when they should be steeled and defiant.

7. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted December 2, 2012 at 3:17 pm |

Remember,
    Progressivism (renamed Liberalism, now re-renamed Progressivism), fascism and socialism have the same ideological roots. They didn’t really diverge much until the 1930s.

Now that they’re close to securing unassailable power, some of them are getting impatient, and their fundamental totalitarianism is getting a mite hard to conceal.

8. Yarbouti
    Posted December 2, 2012 at 3:43 pm |

I’m rather shocked to learn that such views can still be expressed by American lawmakers. Is this man retiring, with little to lose? Usually, they bound forth like lapdogs whenever corporate donors set out the food bowls.

Privatisation, of course, has nothing to do with individual wherewithals and prerogatives. It’s merely a transfer of state power to corporate power, the replacement of right by license. At least in my version of wealth redistribution, you buy others food and medicine, not yachts.

Posted December 2, 2012 at 4:12 pm |

#8 Very well said. You explain yourself and your beliefs very well. Love the lapdogs and food bowl analogy. I’m all over redistribution of someone else’s wealth for food and medicine and not yachts. That’s the reason why so many in other countries are so poor. The rich corporations in this country have too much control of their own money and buy yachts and not food and medicine for the poor in other countries. Bill Clinton has a good start in stopping that with his charities. Who knows maybe one day there will be a one world government run by the U.N. no one will go hungry everything will be fair.

10. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted December 2, 2012 at 4:43 pm |

Funnay. In all iterations of this sicko philosophy throughout history, it has been redistribution touted to “buy others food and medicine” and which always went to buy the redistributors yachts and cars.

But maybe this time the Laws of Human Nature will be suspended and it’ll work!

Why — ya think the guy who worried about tipping over Guam oughta be fired, perhaps?

11. Merovign
    Posted December 2, 2012 at 4:57 pm |

Yarbouti needs to grok the expression “not even wrong.”

Posted December 2, 2012 at 6:19 pm |

I think the redistribution should start in Guam. It must first be evenly distributed so there isn’t more on one side of the Island than the other. Fair is fair. Ya know? We can’t have any Island tipping. Where are we off to next to feed the poor and hungry? What means of transportation do we use so we don’t use up the earths natural resources or cause global warming with our emissions? We can’t use our yachts, or our private corporate planes. I know!!!! We’ll use the ones we used to have that the government owns now. We’ll go to every country we invaded and started a war just for their oil. Or to push our beliefs on. You know there are many. We’ll beg for their forgiveness so we don’t have anymore chickens coming to roost. God has damned America and the evil rich white men.

13. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted December 2, 2012 at 9:56 pm |

Privatisation [Br.], of course, has nothing to do with individual wherewithals and prerogatives. It’s merely a transfer of state power to corporate power

Wrong. Privatization is the return of nationalized enterprises to private hands.
    State control of otherwise private enterprise is fascism.
    Besides, gov’t almost never does anything itself. It hires private companies. Gov’t makes rules and writes checks. When it actually does something (see: Corps of Engineers), it hires private individuals.

No, not yachts, cell phones.
    “You buy others food and medicine” voluntarily is called “charity.”
    Gov’t forcing you to buy others food and medicine is looting and vote buying.
    It’s also slavery — being forced to work for the benefit of others.

[Note: last night's rant was removed. I was tired, pissed off, and not thinking clearly. Sorry.]

14. ZZMike
    Posted December 2, 2012 at 10:47 pm |

… “They control the patterns of thinking, They control the media. They control the messages that you get …”

He’s absolutely right. He’s just got the “they” wrong. It’s the progressives, the left-leaning-so-hard-they’re-tipping-over main stream media, which bombards us daily with how wonderful our Dear Leader is.

I told y’all a while back how the Left has the social networks sewed up, and we’re still using rotary dial phones – maybe even candlestick phones.

Obama’s team harnessed the power of Amazon: Amazon: Our cloud powered Obama’s campaign

Network World – Amazon says its market-leading cloud platform housed more than 200 custom-built applications for President Obama’s re-election campaign, resulting in a temporary IT deployment that rivals the scope and complexity of IT services at the largest enterprises.

Max (#1): That board-certified cretin? No surprise here.

COL Jerry: “5. We lost control of …..”
    Yeah, but that’s only 5…..

Merovign : “not even wrong”: A famous mathematician (name?), commenting on a colleague’s less-than-brilliant hypothesis.

DougM: There was a recent radio news item where some Democrats thought it was so unfair that some people in New York &c had bought emergency generators for themselves. It was so unfair that some people had generators (and actually made some sort of plan), while others didn’t (and didn’t).

The fable of the ant and the grasshopper applies.

15. RonF
    Posted December 3, 2012 at 3:32 am |

“The U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Citizens United vs. Federal Elections Commission is that corporations have a right to freedom of speech, including the right to speak about politicians and federal officeholders during an election year.”

What the Supreme Court did was to ensure that people who wished to exercise their freedom of speech don’t lose that freedom when they organize into groups and pool their resources.