heap big topping

indian giver!

When my campaign team planned our final budget, we knew our Get Out the Vote push was going to be BIG.

But it was far bigger than anyone ever expected…

For example, we knew we would have to buy a LOT of coffee and pizza all across the Commonwealth for our volunteers. After all, we’ve been proud beyond words to have one of the scrappiest, toughest grassroots armies ever assembled in Massachusetts or even the country — and a grassroots army moves on coffee and pizza…

But one of the results of our embarrassment of riches was, well I’ll come out and say it — we ended up with a little bit of debt… we need a little more money to pay off our final bills. Can you help one more time?

The Boston Globe reported Wednesday that the Warren campaign’s current deficit is well into six figures

wedgie ( from comments at the link ) :

She didn’t go into debt herself–others helped her do that: the people who made the pizzas, the ones who rolled the dough, harvested the coffee beans, drove late-night eats to the campaign offices, paved the roads…she had help going into debt. No one goes broke by themselves.

bonus fun fact:
Warren raised $42 million dollars for her 2012 campaign, which is more than any other candidate for congress raised…

1. LLoyd
    Posted December 8, 2012 at 9:22 pm |

That women is going to fork up the Senate soooooo bad. Remember the hard time she gave to the Repubs on one of the committee meetings was supposed to testify? What a bitch. It is going to be hell on wheels and the Senators are going to wish they had been honest with the electorate. This country has been heavily screwed by ‘both sides of the isle.’

You just ain’t seen nothing yet.

2. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted December 8, 2012 at 9:26 pm |

Her objective in running?
    Wampum

3. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 8, 2012 at 9:29 pm |

Pizza and coffee WHORES are not VOLUNTEERS.

4. mojo
    Posted December 8, 2012 at 9:29 pm |

PS: Apache don’t wear big feather headdresses.

5. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 8, 2012 at 9:59 pm |

^ Well in the picture it looks like they wear those fleece headbands that keep yur ears warm when you’re skiing or walking on the beach :)

6. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted December 8, 2012 at 10:09 pm |

Given $42 million to run a campaign and still ended up in debt?

Forget the Senate – Zero should make her Treasury Secretary. She’s perfect for the job.

7. PeggyU
    Posted December 8, 2012 at 10:28 pm |

^ The squirty squaw is quite up to presidential profligacy standards, however.

8. PeggyU
    Posted December 8, 2012 at 10:29 pm |

^ NOT quite, I meant to say!

9. Posted December 9, 2012 at 12:38 am |

Looks like lots owners of pizzerias, restaurants and coffee joints (i.e. small businesses) are about to get stiffed by this dingbat. That won’t make paying their increased taxes any easier.

10. Posted December 9, 2012 at 1:05 am |

Squaw speak with forked tongue. Not even pretty. Give lousy blow job.

11. Paul Moore
    Posted December 9, 2012 at 2:08 am |

I laughed when I saw teriyaki pemmican on sale at the local supermarket. Apache Pizza must be the red man’s revenge for that perversion of diversity.

Posted December 9, 2012 at 4:21 am |

Scott Brown learned a lesson too late. He went a little too far proggiebot and lost all the people who bought into his shit—–that got him elected. You got to know you ain`t the sharpest pencil when a fucking fauxahontis easily tromps your schtick! I am sooooo tired of The Stupid Party acts of sheer stupidity. But mostly, I hate them allowing the RATz to commit flagerant acts of illegal shit without so much as using the easy retorts they are handed on a sliver platter by these criminals. All it does is convince me that the Senate is a club of good ole boys that have forgotten they are supposed to have The People`s Interests as their only and primary mission in life!!!!

13. A.Men
    Posted December 9, 2012 at 7:11 am |

Lying Cow! People of Mass. are morons!

14. Jess
    Posted December 9, 2012 at 7:33 am |

The silly bastards we call politicians have a different perspective on debt when their name is on the line.

I say they file bankruptcy, allow the poor suckers that believed they’d be paid to only collect pennies on the dollar and see how the system actually works.

It’s all about trust and only fools trust politicians.

15. Posted December 9, 2012 at 8:05 am |

^ What the Colonel said (with a couple of respectful spelling corrections).

Posted December 9, 2012 at 8:07 am |

Princes Forked Tongue 2 has her wampom in her skunk fur lined pockets. She learned from the tall tales of Princes Forked Tongue 1 how not to pay the tribe. Me pay Friday for Pizza today –

17. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted December 9, 2012 at 10:08 am |

I am impressed.

I mean, the brazenness and ingratitude it takes to blame her debt on the gluttony of her volunteer campaign workers.

The degree of insult she heaps on everyone who hears or reads that (and expected to swallow it) is truly amazing.

You’re right, Ugarte. I *am* a little more impressed with you.” — Rick in Casablanca

18. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted December 9, 2012 at 10:09 am |

$42,000,000 buys a lot of pizza.

19. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted December 9, 2012 at 10:11 am |

” … the Senate is a club of good ole boys that have forgotten they are supposed to have The People`s Interests as their only and primary mission in life …”

With due respect, Col, Senators aren’t supposed to represent The People’s interests. They are supposed to represent their State’s interests.

The Founders set things up so there’d be two Senators per state regardless of size or population. That way, all States would be equally represented and the bigger States couldn’t ride rough-shod over the smaller ones. (Same reasoning behind the Electoral College). And that’s why Senators were originally appointed by the State governments (either by the Governor or by the Legislature – however each State wanted to run things). It made the Senators beholden to the State as a whole and not to the fickle voters.

That’s why the 17th Amendment was such a mistake – it took away one of the protections built in to prevent the tyranny of the majority that you’re seeing now.

20. Posted December 9, 2012 at 12:23 pm |

I miss the good old days when Teddy Kennedy would just spring for a few cases of scotch.

21. tctsunami
    Posted December 9, 2012 at 1:10 pm |

I spent other peoples money, I over spent. Now I need more.

I’m Elizabeth Warren and I approve this message. Now forkover (double speak tongue intended).

22. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted December 9, 2012 at 3:06 pm |

LotF,
    Amen.
    One quibble: the Electoral College only protects against runaway popular-vote fraud. The big-population States still can run rough-shod over the small-population States, as can the House.
    (What? No, I ain’t sure, but it’s what I think. When have I ever been wrong? I mean besides those times.)

23. accipiter NW
    Posted December 9, 2012 at 5:24 pm |

Pizza- probably was fake Indian Iron Eyes Cody’s favorite fare. And now Lyin’ Eyes Warren is in debt up to her cheek bones. Surprise.

Posted December 9, 2012 at 5:34 pm |

42 meeelion buys a lot of Pizzas and a nice place on a tropical sandy beech to lay on your beech chair and snooze. Where have I seen that picture b/4???

Posted December 9, 2012 at 6:08 pm |

Sondra – verrry nice wedgie; just wanted you to know I noticed the extra effort ;>)

Posted December 9, 2012 at 6:47 pm |

And what are the States, but The People……..