baaaahahahahahahhahahahahaaaa

I can say that — I’m a woman Gyno-American

“I think if we [women] were in charge of the Senate and of the administration, we would have a budget deal by now,” [Susan Collins (R-Maine)] said. “With all deference to our male colleagues, women’s styles tend to be more collaborative.”

Finish your assignment! »

Was it Heinlein or Flashman who said something about “just don’t let me be captured by the women”?

1. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 8:34 am |

*heh*
    Yeah, like Pelosi.
    (What? Yeah, or Thatcher.)

Collaborationist !

2. Posted December 15, 2012 at 9:02 am |

And Kipling.

3. Posted December 15, 2012 at 9:06 am |

For good reason

4. apotheosis
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 9:14 am |

Yeah, I’ve seen how well women collaborate. Y’all always get along with each other juuuuuuuuuust fine.

Posted December 15, 2012 at 9:30 am |

When I see a post that should be titled, “Mine Field”, I go around it. Widely!!!!!!!

6. bocopro
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 9:53 am |

Men reign; women rule.

Woman without her man is nothing.

Woman — without her, man is nothing.

The hand that rocks the cradle shapes the world.

It’s always, “Hi, Mom!” almost never, “Hello, Dad.” when young athletes find themselves on camera.

My wife loves to toss around pics of dead presidents, but she refuses to go in debt.

Her assessment of American politicians, regardless of gender, is “Mga tanga!” She also has been heard to say of them, “Inutil.” Sum of those two remarks is “Buncha worthless morons.”

7. Hopefulone
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 10:00 am |

Susan Collins is an idiot. I believe the “R” “R-Maine” refers to her mental capacity.

8. mojo
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 10:39 am |

Don’t let them give you to the women.

Heinlein. And possibly Kipling.

Posted December 15, 2012 at 11:05 am |

Mojo,

I think Kipling is the one who likely said this. He had a lot of time in Afghanistan and India. In the British wars in A-stan, it was common knowledge amongst the Tommies that wounded soldiers on the battlefield had great fear that after a battle the tribal women searched for wounded enemy and sliced them to pieces with knives…. Same for prisoners that were turned over to the women.

Savages——with about a 6000 year record of zippo change……

10. Claire
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 11:10 am |

I knew yall’d know!

11. bocopro
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 11:19 am |

Heinlein dropped a lot of pearls in some of his novels. One of his best on women is “Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Another one that’s pretty telling goes something like . . . For a couple days every month, most women act like men do all the time. (can’t remember the exact wording, but it got me some nice brownie points in one of my sociology classes, taught by a woman)

12. Jess
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 1:50 pm |

Well, I can wrap my mind around the idea, as long as they’re not allowed to drive or given credit cards.

13. Posted December 15, 2012 at 4:47 pm |

Yeah, that was Kipling. Something about saving a bullet for your self before the women got aholt of you.

14. Thunderbottom
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 11:53 am |

#13, Hog Whitman:
    “…When you’re wounded and lyin’ on Afghanistan’s plains
    and the women come out to cut up what remains,
    jus’ roll to yer rifle and blow out yer brains
    and go to yer Gawd as a soldier…”

- Rudyard Kipling, “Ballad of the British Soldier”

15. Posted December 16, 2012 at 9:28 pm |

…I’ve always heard it as, “If you are captured, don’t let them throw you to the women.”

I figured it was DI advice to the recruits.

16. Posted December 17, 2012 at 3:01 am |

apotheosis (#4): There’s probably good reason the term “cat fight” originated. (Apologies to our noble host, guardian of the KisPians.)

Claire: Bonus points for Flashman (KC, VC, mentioned in despatches, &c &c.) He’s hard to find nowadays, but worth the looking. I learned a lot about that part of the world from reading his adventures.

Does anybody rmember the old feminist mantra “A woman’s place is in the House … and the Senate.” Strange to consider a time and place when that was a funny line.

17. Posted December 17, 2012 at 7:43 am |

I don’t really want another “deal”. But I know I’m going to get one anyway, after everyone gets a chance to sell me on what a good job they are doing holding the line on whatever it is that they think I think is important while still claiming ignorance about what I REALLY think is important: Stop spending all that money.

18. PeggyU
    Posted December 18, 2012 at 10:40 am |

Women cooperate? I didn’t get the memo. I wonder which of the bitches kept it from me …