Wellp, now we know …

… whether the American catastrophe of the past four years has been the result of incompetence or treason.

President Barack Obama has chosen Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts to be the next secretary of state … [more]

A commie-sympathizing surrender monkey.

… U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice had removed herself from the list of candidates [saying it] was sure to be a contentious and lengthy approval process [that would take] attention away from more pressing problems facing the nation.

BS. Kerry’s nomination will be even more contentious and lengthy.

Of course, that could be the plan.
(Benghazi? Oh, look … more Menshevik obstructionism!)

Then again, he’d al-so be in a prime position to take over as VP after Obama is impeached or resigns (i.e. removed by Soros or whoever’s really running this goat rope) and to take over the presidency when what’s-his-name is removed soon thereafter. [/tinfoilhat]

1. rickn8or
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 8:14 pm |

Unless he fainted and you know fell down and got a concussion or something…

Let the Republican kowtowing begin.

2. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 8:32 pm |

^ There’s also Mubarak.

Posted December 15, 2012 at 9:45 pm |

They gotta deal with Boehner before Sec State can have Uhbama’s job. They gonna give him a severe sunburn or something?
    Have Uhbama conk him on the noggin with a shanked drive? Or will he fall and concuss himself at an Uhbama beer summit after too many Uhbama brews?
    What channel is this dime novel turned soap opera on?

4. Fat Baxter
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 10:03 pm |

I think the conservatives ganged up on Rice because they’d rather see Kerry at State than at Defense. Knock Rice down, Kerry gets State; everyone who believes in a strong military breathes a little bit easier.

But maybe not much easier. I read that the SecDef presumptive, Hagel, comes with his own baggage. Has a wild hair up his ass about Israel, for one thing.

5. JoeBandMember™
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 10:08 pm |

It is illegal, for an elector to cast an electoral vote for a candidate not qualified to be President.

Most people don’t know that in January 2005, two Democrats in the US Senate tried to halt the election of George W Bush based on supposed election fraud in Ohio.

Next month, the electors are going to vote for an unqualified candidate FOR THE SECOND TIME.

Do we have any Republicans who have not been neutered by the system?

6. Posted December 15, 2012 at 11:34 pm |

Doug, I’m curious about this….

“Kerry’s nomination will be even more contentious and lengthy.”

I was thinking that the good old boys network we call the U.S. Senate would send Kerry through faster than greased lightning….I’m trying to think of who would have the “nerve” to contest him? Am I missing something?

7. accipiter NW
    Posted December 15, 2012 at 11:46 pm |

“Global Smell Test.” More slouching toward UN tyranny.

8. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 12:28 am |

awgeeze — that has been never was?!?

9. Stick
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 5:56 am |

John Kerry?

What? Jane Fonda wasn’t available?

10. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 7:52 am |

dick (3)
    My Theory of Ascension™ goes like this:
    Obama resigns,
    Biden ascends to the presidency,
    Biden appoints Kerry as VP,
    Biden is forced out,
    Kerry ascends to the presidency.
    Boehner only counts if there’s no VP.

Holger (6)
    I reckoned that Rice would be just about Benghazi,
    and Kerry will be about real foreign policy … and Viet Nam.

Stick (9)
    Yeah.

11. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 8:42 am |

contentious” with those (R) surrender monkeys wandering around? I dunno…..

Posted December 16, 2012 at 9:13 am |

Doug – why would Uhbama resign short of impending impeachment? I think he is so power, perk and worship drunk, he’ll never leave short of establishing a dictatorship and de facto abolishing our current Constitution, for the common good, of course. BTW, the Constitution means nothing to him right now, he just wants to tidy up, you know.

13. rickn8or
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 9:14 am |

Stick, Hanoi Jane now has a clear shot at SecDef.

14. DougM (Well, thaaat sucked!)
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 10:27 am |

dick (13)
    Why would Obama resign?
    I don’t believe for a minute that he’s runnin’ his administration.
    Whoever is will want to solidify the revolution, but a free election could waylay that,
    so I’m bettin’ that Kerry is the designated replacement,
    and ordering Obama to resign will free-up my Theory of Ascension™.
    As I said … [/tinfoilhat]

15. rick
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 10:33 am |

At last! Someone at State with whom the French can amicably share a bottle wine. World peace, indeed.

16. Posted December 16, 2012 at 12:59 pm |

Consider getting more ammunition.

17. mojo
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 2:37 pm |

“Right behind me, huh LT?”

Posted December 16, 2012 at 3:44 pm |

Ready–done– get set– done—Go!!! I can’t think of a more proud American to hold that office. Thank God Obama cares. No more evil rich white men ruining this country.

Posted December 16, 2012 at 7:22 pm |

But not to worry because we know our Republican representatives will fight for this country and not let gun control pass or this appointment right?? I am right aren’t I?
    I am literally sick to my stomach with the Americans in this country who can’t see what he/they are doing to our country.

20. Posted December 17, 2012 at 2:43 am |

With Kerry out of the Senate, how will his seat get filled? Is it the usual thing for the governor to appoint a temp until there’s an election?

And what are the chances of a Republican getting voted in?

I think I’d rather see Al Franken as SecState. Putting Kerry in would put the last rubber chicken in the coffin. All of Obam’s top guys need to start piling into one of those little cars.

Posted December 17, 2012 at 8:32 am |

^^Get used to it ZZMike ^^^ it’s happening and there isn’t anything anyone will do about it. He’s running around from crisis to crisis making the best of them. They’ve got the country right where they want it. Claire’s new post tells it all.

22. mojo
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 8:57 am |

Winter Soldier?
    Tossing (somebody else’s) medals?
    “Dear Commandante”?
    Iran?

That twat has been dead wrong on EVERY foreign policy question for the last 40 years.

He’s PERFECT!

23. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 11:21 am |

Picking Kerry is just another fuck you from the petty vindictive spiteful party.

Posted December 17, 2012 at 1:41 pm |

^^ They voted for revenge and they are getting it.^^^

25. TomR, armed in Texas
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 8:36 pm |

At least Hanoi John(I was in Vietnam) Kerry is already well skilled in treason.

Old war wounds don’t always heal. I despise and loathe the privileged gigalo bastard.

26. Posted December 18, 2012 at 9:31 pm |

With Kerry going to be Head of State, and Boehner capitulating to Obama, it’s hard to see who’ll win the Neville Chamberlain award.

Even if the House grows a spine, dirty harry is going to slam the doors on them.

I don’t remember where I saw this: Every time somebody goes on a shooting rampage, they want to take guns away from people who didn’t do it.