today’s fun facts are made of iron

There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements…..I don’t know what the gun would have done.”

— Mayor Michael Bloomberg

I have my own army in the NYPD, which is the seventh biggest army in the world…

— Mayor Michael Bloomberg

The mayor of the nation’s largest city is protected around the clock, even when he’s not working. He’s trailed on the golf course, at the theater, while visiting relatives for Thanksgiving dinner – with taxpayers footing the bill….

1. Posted December 17, 2012 at 3:17 pm |

He’s a special kinda stupid, ain’t he?

2. Posted December 17, 2012 at 3:21 pm |

Well, that’s the benevolent interpretation. Not the one I’m inclined to, I might add.

3. rickn8or
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 3:57 pm |

What good would the gun have done Mikey? It would have meant that two brave ladies (probably braver than you) would not have to confront Evil head-on and bare-handed.

4. Dilbertnomore
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 4:00 pm |

And when he stops being “Mayor for Life” or “Mayorissiomo” (whichever his official title is) he has his almost $20 Billion to rehire his 7th largest army to keep the little people away from his stinking personage.

5. Posted December 17, 2012 at 4:04 pm |

I know what the gun would have done. It would have remained at rest until acted upon by an outside force.

6. bocopro
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 4:07 pm |

Gotta really like what Tim said at Rodge’s place today:

“We need the government to disarm and protect us. It’s worked so well for the Indians.”

Posted December 17, 2012 at 4:38 pm |

Isn’t it time for the aliens to carry him off to a peaceful retirement?

8. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 4:52 pm |

This is what one says when one is surrounded by yes men.
    Perhaps if someone said “No” to this jackass once in a while …

9. Merovign
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 5:33 pm |

We’ll talk about me giving up my guns when the government gives up all of theirs. After all, if they can do no good, why do we let the government have them?

No, they just want more power and control, like always. And they want to “feel” like they did something, even if our lives are worse as a result.

10. JoeBandMember ™
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 6:34 pm |

Just another example of how the people yelling the loudest about taking OUR guns away have their own armed security force.

Kind of like the ultra wealthy leftists who want to tax those evil wealthy conservative business owners.

The left makes me want to puke. Always has.

11. JoeBandMember ™
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 6:40 pm |

I’ve had to block at least a half dozen people on my “social media” page who just couldn’t; accept that I refuse to blame guns and gun owners for the CT massacre.

12. Paul
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 8:12 pm |

We need to:

Offer a bill to allow teachers, if they get training, to pack a gun.

Offer a bill to allow institutionalization of insane people.

Offer a bill to give life sentences to those conspiring to kill anyone at a school or mall.

Offer a bill to allow nation wide recognition of any state CCW.

Offer a bill to give jail time to anyone who sees a blog or post threatening to kill people and failing to report it to the police.

See there are plenty of things the community can do without destroying the Bill of Rights.!

Posted December 17, 2012 at 9:02 pm |

^^^ Wollf (1) He’s a special kinda stupid, ain’t he?
    I think he’s a special kind of arrogant asshole.

14. TimO
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 9:30 pm |

Teddy Kennedy, the country’s biggest gun-control advocate after JFK and RFK were shot, kept getting caught when his bodyguard tried to go in the Capitol with him while illegally carrying machine guns and pistols. Uber-lib Michael Moore’s bodyguard got nailed trying to carry an unlicensed gun into JFK airport in 2005.

“The law is there for thee, not for me…”

15. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 10:13 pm |

“Perhaps if someone said “No” to this jackass once in a while …” He’d want his own gun to shoot ‘em with.

Posted December 18, 2012 at 7:27 am |

The jackasses are the ones who are afraid to say no to these lying SOBs.

17. rickn8or
    Posted December 18, 2012 at 8:17 am |

Paul, what about a volunteer program in which garrulous old retired farts with CCWs spend a couple of hours a day walking around the schools?

Nah. We’re untrained in the ways of Modern Educational Methods. Besides, I don’t think any of us would belong to the teacher’s unions.