Congratulations, armed testosteroners …

… you are now a stereotyped minority group which probably now falls under the protection of hate-crime laws, if you are ever attacked by a rabid Democrat.

During a press conference on gun control yesterday, Rep. Jim Himes D-Conn. blasted Texas Governor Rick Perry for vocally supporting Second Amendment rights for American citizens after the horrific school shooting in Connecticut.

“So the notion that more Americans quote unquote in the words of Governor Perry, ‘packing heat’ will make us safer is not founded in reality, in facts or in history,” Himes said [fantasized — DM] bitterly during a press conference. “It is founded in the fantasy of testosterone laden individuals who have blood on their hands for articulating that idea.” [more]

“Articulating that idea” …
Does that include swearing an oath to uphold the US Constitution which recognizes that natural right?

Yeah, I know, there have been plenty of other examples recently; buuut you already know that.

(What? Uhm, no, I’m not exactly sure how he sees women who advocate armed self-defense. Day-2ers?)

Then again, it could’a been worse …
Witches! Demons! Consorts of Satan! Infidels! Icky, icky mennnn!

Meanwhile, out my way.

1. rickn8or
    Posted December 20, 2012 at 5:54 pm |

Esscuse me, but (and I believe Melissa-in-Texas will back me up) but I believe Gov. Perry vocally supported Second Amendment rights for American citizens before the horrific school shooting in Connecticut.

Perhaps you should have listened to him then instead of castigating him now.

And just what is it about Damnyankee politicians (Mikey Bloomberg e.g.) that make them think anyone outside their district gives a rat’s ass about their opinon?

2. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 20, 2012 at 6:16 pm |

These fuckmooks are unhinged.

Yannow, I have been contemplating the header quote and how I really need to change it but ….now not so much……….

3. apotheosis
    Posted December 20, 2012 at 6:26 pm |

I’m preeeeeeeeeetty sure I can find numbers backing up that whole “armed = safer” thing.

Also, Switzerland. And Israel. Look ‘em up, Himes.

4. mojo
    Posted December 20, 2012 at 6:26 pm |

Gonna be a lot of horseshit spewed by the usual suspects, and they’ll re-institute the “assault” scary gun ban.

Nothing more. The usual idiocy dressed up as statesmanship.

Absent a Constitutional amendment, that’s all they can do. Any “round ups” by “executive order” or whatever will get people dead, and they’d then have a civil war (a real one) on their hands.

Think the army is going to go around grabbing guns because Obammy says to? Hah! And any cops that obey that unlawful order are in deep shit without any waders.

So there you are.

5. Posted December 20, 2012 at 6:35 pm |

Yes, Perry (who happens to be my Governor) has always supported the 2nd Amendment. So why is he particularly vocal about it now? Because NOW is when it’s under attack from the Left, who have neither the decency nor taste to let the dust settle before trying to use innocent deaths for their own political advantage.

Posted December 20, 2012 at 6:47 pm |

Re: update,

It is encouraging to consider that there are teachers who will carry if allowed. Hopefully a lot. Hopefully teaching history and civics, too.

I’d hate to be the janitors who have to clean up after the other teachers’ and administrators’ heads explode. But it would be worth it in the long run.

Posted December 20, 2012 at 7:10 pm |

JHC it’s not like every teacher in the school buildings will be walking around armed with rifles and ammo belts. GD stupid asses. Blood on their hands???????

8. Posted December 20, 2012 at 8:21 pm |

Hmmm…Himes rejected Perry’s remarks yesterday, insisting that “there is absolutely no justification for weapons that were made for the explicit purpose of killing lots of people quickly to be in the hands of civilians.”
    Well, I know a lot of people would be very happy to have the M4s and subguns taken out of the hands of the police(especially the SWAT teams), so-
    oh, wait, he doesn’t think cops are that lesser of the species known as ‘civilians’, so it’s OK for them to have weapons for the explicit purpose of killing lots of people quickly; after all, that’s what cops are supposed to do, right?

9. apotheosis
    Posted December 20, 2012 at 8:23 pm |

Silly Firehand, cops are government, they’re legally empowered to kill lots of people quickly.

Just look for teh union label.

10. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted December 20, 2012 at 8:26 pm |

I learned several things:

Rep. Jim Himes D-Conn. has no testosterone.
    [according to him]

Just stating an idea puts blood on an individual’s hands.
    [see also: eugenics]

Ya can’t argue with a person who [likely unconsciously] believes that anyone who has a gun his his hand will twist off and go on a murder spree. Which is what is implied in all these statist’s rants.
    Funny how they don’t see what they’re saying about themselves…
    [though I would be extra careful about allowing folks with such a preconception to have a gun...]

11. JoeBandMember™
    Posted December 21, 2012 at 6:20 am |

here, again, the best way to tell what the tolerant, diverse, left is up to , is to have a look at whatever they are accusing conservatives of.

I would also take this opportunity to remind our gentle readers how much the left takes after their mentor, the great accuser, the snake himself, the dragon who prowls the earth like a hungry lion, Satan.

The evidence has never been more clear.

Also be reminded of those who think the DalaiBama is the great messiah.

It all adds up to and goes right along with Biblical prophesy.

12. mojo
    Posted December 21, 2012 at 8:54 am |

Gov. Perry: Don’t retreat, reload.

13. rickn8or
    Posted December 21, 2012 at 9:37 am |

mojo, when Texas is done with Gov. Perry, can Tennessee borrow him?

14. mojo
    Posted December 21, 2012 at 10:36 am |

“Some animals are more equal than others.”
    – George Orwell

15. Melissa In Texas
    Posted December 21, 2012 at 8:54 pm |

I tried nine ways from Sunday to hear what this damn mouse from Connecticut was sayin’ about Perry, to no avail…. .
    I could not hear more than a whisper.
    BRING it, you Yankee whiner!
    Come to Texas (the armed residents AND parents) where the balls, are you nutless wonder!
    *Don’t make me go redneck on your ass!
    Someone got my dander up!,

16. rickn8or
    Posted December 21, 2012 at 10:44 pm |

Melissa, that’s exactly the point; it doesn’t need to be every adult in the building, and they don’t need to be totin’ a Maw-Deuce. Just every CCW’er that wants to. And carrying what they feel comfortable with, be it a P3AT or a Desert Eagle. The idea is RETURN FIRE and keeping the Evildoers guessing who has it.

Yannow, like what makes CCW work in the non-Gun-Free Zones.