my face hurts

well it’s killin’ me!

As if not sleeping for over two months isn’t bad enough……having that respitory cold…grindng my teeth enough to inflame the nerves to warrant an emergency dental visit to warrant an endo referral and a prescription of Vicodin…NOW my face is swollen like a balloon with what is most likely a sinus infucktion and a prescription of Penicillin.

But hay! At least the zit smack dab between my eyes is almost gone!

1. N.O'Really
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 8:31 am |

See if a laugh or two doesn’t help.

2. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 8:38 am |

I’m going to make JR paint the coat of glitter on the “Brietbart” wall today:-)

3. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 9:00 am |

Glitter — weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

4. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 9:07 am |

5. Alan outback bacon czar
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 9:27 am |

I got nuttin’

6. PatrickP
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 9:37 am |

I hate when that happens.

7. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 10:37 am |

I can SEE the left side of my face without a mirror.

8. Posted December 22, 2012 at 1:16 pm |

^ If you have any Vicodin left-over, I’ll get rid of them for you.

9. Posted December 22, 2012 at 1:37 pm |

10. Posted December 22, 2012 at 1:42 pm |

^ I toldja I’d getcha. But that hardly means that I’m done with ya, young lady. I’ll make you pee your pants.

Or, you could always holler “Calf Rope!”

I mean, that whole Barbara Streisand thing was just completely uncalled for. Uncivilized, even. I’m still getting therapy. At taxpayer expense.

11. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 1:53 pm |

Hog…sorry. I’m taking 1/2 ones to stretch them out so maybe I’ll have a couple for when I’m actually not in excruciating discomfort…

Posted December 22, 2012 at 2:02 pm |

Vicks all over your Body!! You are the third person with the same miserable symptoms I’ve talked to in the last two days. One in Texas,one here in the U.P. and you. What the heck????

Posted December 22, 2012 at 3:18 pm |

Aren’t you snorting oregano oil?
    All that’s not s’posed to be happening.

Get well quickish.

And stay away from those unwashed masses at the malls.

Posted December 22, 2012 at 3:21 pm |

Really, I wasn’t looking at your nose– I was looking down to avoid looking at the zit. yeah, that’s the ticket.

15. Freddie Sykes
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 4:28 pm |

Three things I use for nasal infections are:

1. Add Vicks or herbal aromatics like eucalyptus to a large bowl of boiling water, tent a towel over my head and breath in the steam as for as long as I can stand it.

2. Neti or other form of nasal irrigation. There are many methods and / or devices listed on the Web. I use good clean salted warm water in a bowl. I lower my nostrils into the water and gently make swallowing motions with my throat. This forms a vacuum that gently draws the water into the sinus cavity. Stop when you taste the salt on the back of your tongue. Blew your nose and repeat. Did I mention gently? DO NOT SNORT! It could be dangerous.

3. Get a small amount of cayenne into the air and gently breath it in. Think of spraying perfume and walking into the mist. Sneezing will occur. NEVER SNORT HOT PEPPER. It hurts like hell! True cayenne is an old herbal remedy for ulcers.

These are physical methods for cleaning, airing and generally making the sinus less friendly to infections. They can give almost instant but short term relief but will tend to promote long term health.

16. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 5:36 pm |

Awww
    You have my sympathy. I have a cold, too.
    Aaaand a blood blister from clumsily slamming a mag into a short grip at the range this afternoon.

(What? Yeah, at least I don’t have a zit.)

Posted December 22, 2012 at 6:35 pm |

Take a whole vicodin and go to bed!

Posted December 22, 2012 at 6:42 pm |

Colonel Jerry me thinks you have given the best advice of any.

19. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 7:16 pm |

Can’t sleep anyways and Vicodin makes it worse. And gives me horrible nightmares!

I THINK the swelling is starting to go down…I had a little pity party about an hour ago, cried, took my 3rd antibiotic and can actually smile almost without only one side going up and it hurt only alot!

Posted December 22, 2012 at 7:45 pm |

Me to with any meds. Dreams are crazy enough with out the drugs. Bad back– one muscle relaxer– slept and dreamed for 3 days. Prescription for 3 a day—— (##)–I don’t think so— back was better tho–my Guardian Angel watching out for me– I may have liked them tooo much. Or I’m flying all over the place. blah blah blah!! Glad you’re feeling — better?

21. Old Granny
    Posted December 23, 2012 at 11:59 am |

Zinc Lozenges will cut the length of a cold or flu. We use “Now” brand but there are a zillion other brands. Find the good ones in Health Food Stores. I just gave some to my friend who had the flu. She called them “Miracles”. She said she felt better in an hour. Let them disolve in your mouth. They stop the reproduction of the pathogens. Warning … they taste bad. She ordered 2 bottles.

You need “Probiotics” to replace the good bacteria being destroyed by the Antibiotics. If you don’t replace the “good guys”, you will be left with a bowel full of virus, fungus, and other “bad stuff”, which eventually takes a toll on your whole health.

Hope you feel better VERY SOON!!!!

22. blindshooter
    Posted December 23, 2012 at 12:22 pm |

+1 on the sinus flush, I use a squeeze bottle with a straw that goes to the bottom. Distilled water and salt warmed a little bit. The first time I tried it I swear some old childhood toys came out of my head but life got a lot better after a couple flushes.

I’ll tell y’all about cleaning my ears later……

23. Posted December 23, 2012 at 10:54 pm |

^ Yanno, I cleaned my ears once. Once. I had been doing a lot of studio work at the time with earphones and loud noises, and stuff, and I guess I just sniffed the worong way one day, and the one side got all stuffed-up. I can’t be having this.

So I went to Freddy’s© and found this ear-cleaning dealie. You poured it into your ear, and then waited a few minutes for it to clean everything out. Sounds good, in theory.

So after about the third time of doing this to no avail, I sat back up and this earwax flapjack thing fell out of my ear. It looked scary, but I could suddenly hear!

“The white zone is for loading and unloading only. All others will be towed”.

It changed my life!