I’m glad today’s audience participation is over

So what’d YOU get for Christmas?

1. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 10:09 am |

Boy… *somebody* really knows how ta shop…
    [*yikes*]

I got the Lovely Daughters loving all ther gifts, 12 hours of a house **full** of people [pouring rain all day] who were eating, laughing, eating some more, laughing some more, well behaved little kidz having loads of fun, a full two minutes to sit down, Three hand-made vanilla lattes [by LDThe Younger with her new expresso machine] [*zoom*weeeeee*], mashies and *first-time* gravy made by LD The Elder [which everyone loved], a happy niece w/ a new BF [nice fella!], new books, **real** vanilla beans[!!!], and too many other JOYs to list.

God Bless us every one.

Posted December 26, 2012 at 10:10 am |

Whisky Stones, Threat Vector, Evan Williams.

Posted December 26, 2012 at 10:13 am |

So are you getting well, Sondra?

You’re not serious about the tooth, are you?

But that would explain some of the rest. . .

Take care.

4. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 10:20 am |

^ As serious as the left side of my face swelling up like a fucking football and waking up at 4 am on Saturday in about as much pain as when I had MRSA in my finger a few years ago.

Then my computer up at The Asylum shit the bed…

FUN TIMES!

5. PatrickP
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 10:27 am |

2012 hasn’t been a bad year, but it sure have been annoying.

I got an ipad mini for Christmas. My dad got me a bbq and said he’d get me a gun for my birthday, which sorta preplexed me because two of my brothers got shotguns. Hmmm. Maybe he doesn’t trust me. :-)

6. kinlaw
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 10:27 am |

I got guitar strings!!

Sorry about your tooth. Hope you can get it taken care of soon. I have suffered from that too and man it does hurt about as bad as anything.

7. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 10:31 am |

• Fed wonderfully.
    • The new bench-top drill press is here! The new bench-top drill press is here!
    Pardon me while I go bore something besides porch minkees.

Sorry to hear about your jaw issue, Missy.
    Try chewin’ an’ sleepin’ on the other side.
    (What? Well, not all of my advice is useful.)

8. Buzz
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 10:40 am |

Headmissy, abscess makes the fart go “Honda.”

As for what I got for Christmas: royally screwed out of squat from “blizzard Euclid.”
    50-100 miles south and they’re acting like they were transported to an Antarctic observation station. Here, maybe an inch or so of fluffiness that will likely be gone in a couple days.

9. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 10:40 am |

My SiL made some great soup for Xmas: Kale and cream and onions and some teensy italian sausage meatballs…. MMmmmmmmmmmm…….

10. Joe
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 10:47 am |

Sorry about your dental problems….they sucketh mightily!

But I did see that the 2013 Barrack Obama Presidential coin is now available in “limited” quantities….so there’s something to look forward to.

11. Posted December 26, 2012 at 10:56 am |

The Wifey, a Protestant, got me, a Catholic, Rosary Beads from the Vatican, all Blessed by Benedict XVI and even a Certificate of Authenticity????

And had my Eldest Daughter’s (GRHS), Dog Tags restrung for me. Wear them all the time.

Other great gifts, but those two were very heart warming. I have never felt so supported.

Bless you all!

*I can do that now, cuz of the Vatican connection, right?*

Posted December 26, 2012 at 11:03 am |

Like Claire-ee, my White Christmas is a fricking Monsoon! Steady rain, mixed w wind for 2 daze steady now. Got a glimpse of Santa, who left me some new books an a new phone, an he was wearin a pancho, + his beard was a white soppin, drippin mess. The reindeer raindeer weren`t too happy, neither…..

13. Rick
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 11:48 am |

Bug-A-Salt gun. Get it? An assult gun. Really! It uses table salt to shoot flys and other bugs. Shoots the salt out like a shotgun.
    Can’t wait for summer

14. Buzz
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 12:02 pm |

Rick:

Bug-a-salt was my birthday present.
    It went to deer camp, where it vaporized a moth into a puff of wing powder, plus put an annoying fly out of my misery.
    Good fun.

15. El Jefe
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 12:06 pm |

Bar10Der

Cocktails on the boat!

16. Maria Edi
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 12:07 pm |

Hey, I got from younger niece a beautiful decorated tea chest (small, but effective!!) full of Earl Grey, English Breakfast and such. Me, a tea lover … when in U.S., my drink of choice is Turkey Hill, really cold!

HeadMissy, take care of this tooth of yours!!

Posted December 26, 2012 at 12:36 pm |

Sinus infection=infected tooth=swollen painful face=oweee= antibiotics = dentist= $$$$$$$$$$$$ = *&%%%%##!! (do you still have your braces?) Just wondering.
    Lotsa nice food and drink and things to drink them out of from lotsa great people we love Happy Happy!! No tooth infection so that’s all yours.

18. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 12:48 pm |

On the UPside…I did find these:

…and got this:

Yes, it’s a watch…it works and it’s SPECTACULAR!
    ( eat yur heart out, Doug! )

19. Posted December 26, 2012 at 12:52 pm |

Being the Senior Warden and Verger (http://www.vergers.org/) in our parish, and being that right now we are without a priest/rector… I am in charge of ordering the services and making certain we have a supply priest to cover the services.

When we found out that Fr. Chris, a long time friend and compatriot, had returned to Colorado, I called upon him to serve. He jumped at the chance. SO!!! – My best gift was being able to serve with a priest and brother whom I love dearly at 2 services on 23 Dec…Christmas Eve festival mass, Christmas Day morning mass and at two regular services on 26 Dec.

Udder’n dat – We did have a White Christmas day and I was gifted with a fifth of Black Jack and a nice bottle of Pinot Noir.

Headmissy, Darlin’ y’all take good care of the worrisome toothsesses! (Might want to have the Asylum exorcised… there be some weird shite goin’ on there…..*cough*…yanno?)

Merry 2nd Day of the 12 days of Christmas and St. Stephen’s day (listen carefully to the words of the English carol: Good King Wenseslas) to all you porch denizens. May God bless y’all!

Posted December 26, 2012 at 1:25 pm |

WOWWW!!!!! What a beautiful watch Headmissey! Tell us all about it, please. What size is it. Is it a kinda necklace or a wall hanger? What about the little bell?

The starfish are perfect too, but you will collect a zillion of em in your beach walks at the Asylum, bein as you are only 29 an sum fraction yrs old. Knowing you, there will be some magnificant mounting of Star fishes in the futuah; too; also………

21. Fat Baxter
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 1:29 pm |

Kindle Fire HD. Already loaded up with cheap (i.e., free) science fiction from Amazon.

22. Posted December 26, 2012 at 1:37 pm |

Re-printed from last year. Sorry.

23. PeggyU
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 2:01 pm |

Baxter – Mee toooo!!!! :D

Sondra – Ack! Our oldest son had an abscessed tooth – one of his top front teeth – a few years ago. Same thing: his face swelled up, he had a fever, nausea, and chills. He was most miserable, but the antibiotics kicked it within a couple of days. Hope you are feeling better by New Year’s eve!

24. Posted December 26, 2012 at 2:01 pm |

#13 Rick

Why wait for summer? Just nab an invite to the White House, it’s my bet the flies are thick in that joint.

p.s. bring plenty of salt

25. Posted December 26, 2012 at 2:05 pm |

Well, I got another day of life, such as we know it. I don’t really look at Christmas as a special day. It’s just a day. If I live through it, all the better, I guess. Kicking-off on Christmas would be kinda cool though… maybe next year.

‘Till then, I’m here and I’m queer, even though I’ve never even touched another man’s dick. I’m still here. I will make your life as miserable as I possibly can. It’s what I do.

26. Stick
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 2:06 pm |

Dinner with my Son, Daughter-in-law & my 4 month old Granddaughter’s first Christmas.

My son cooked a standing rib roast you could cut with a fork. Daammmnn! My vegatarian wife made everything else & kept her mouth shut about the cow. ;-) Thank God she’s NOT one of those.

Got 4 different bottles of single barrel Bourbon from my son.

Sidn’t suck…

Sorry Missy…git better

27. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 2:28 pm |

Missy (18)
    [adjusts steam valve, removes gauntlets, shifts goggles to forehead]
    Wow! That. is. beautifullll!
    I’m with ColJ. Tell us more. How big is it?
    Does JR know that somebody’s givin’ you jewelry?

28. rickn8or
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 6:54 pm |

Fed by son & d-i-l, time with grandsons and ex-in-laws that matter. Fed again by and time spent with remaining regulation family. Got to tell remaining regulation family that I now have 3.3 grandsons. Fed yet again by ex-in-laws that matter. Got news that childhood friend is “in full remission” from multiple myeloma.

No contact with Her Supreme Ex-ness throughout.

29. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 7:03 pm |

Wait, the graphic …
    you’re not going around with a bag over your head or anything, are ya?

Posted December 26, 2012 at 7:56 pm |

Ow, Sondra. So sorry about that tooth and the effects.

Get better for the new year and clear the baffles so next year is better.

i had a cavity, once. . .

*Runz for cover*

31. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 9:00 pm |

^ I long for the daze when I just had a cavity. I was like 5 then, too.

Sigh………..

My whining’s staring to annoy ME.

32. blindshooter
    Posted December 27, 2012 at 8:01 am |

Sorry about the jaw trouble, that’s a fancy time-piece you got there!
    My family is kinda poor right now for various reasons so not a lot in the way of presents but the time we spent together cooking and seeing old friends is worth way more than presents.
    I did gift myself a new target 10-22 with a nice Leupold scope.
    Get yourself to the tooth doc quick, an abscess can make you really sick if not fixed soon.

33. Posted December 27, 2012 at 8:02 am |

Finished a second Christmas with #1 daughter (expecting first grandchild) last night.

Got e-Books for my Kindle Touch and a Hobbit shirt from New Zealand. Also big-print glow-in-the dark keyboard.

34. LyleLovett666
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 8:41 am |

KelTec Sub2000 Rifle.Proud to say it’s on the new AWB list.Also got a 33 rnd magazine.