kickin’ dirt and just wonderin’

( would do in a pinch and match The Asylum )

But seriously…
Anyone out there have an old lap top they wanna get rid of or sell cheaply? All it’s gotta do is connect me to YOU all…surf the net a little and post on the blog. And be able to accommodate basic PhotoShop and not seize up and crash every time I try to put up a simple post. And not take a 1/2 hour when it doesn’t.

Just thought it wouldn’t hurt to put this out there just in case.

Finish your assignment! »
*twirlz hair*

1. KellyFromMesquite
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 10:00 pm |

Oh! You don’t want it to crash? It’ll have to be non-Windows then! I use Linux (Fedora) on mine.

2. rickn8or
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 11:46 pm |

HeadMissy, I have a pair of wood-burning IBM X-23 ThinkPads, both running XP, with docking platforms that you are more than welcome to, if you think they’d get the job done for you.

Let me get them out and fire them up and see if they still run.

And if you get a better offer, my feelings won’t get hurt.

Posted December 27, 2012 at 2:17 am |

Say the code word and I will mort a libtard in his fucking Prius and send you his; after I spray it w borax n water………..

4. Stick
    Posted December 27, 2012 at 6:42 am |

*twirlz hair* ?

Hell, I was bout to drive my company Dell laptop cross country when I realized I needed this job too much.

5. apotheosis
    Posted December 27, 2012 at 7:25 am |

I have all sorts of dead or dying hardware laying around here, much to the wife’s chagrin…I never throw it away because I’m just sure that the minute I do, I’ll wish I hadn’t.

Laptops are kind of a bitch, though. They don’t “part out” very well; unless it’s expansion RAM or a hard drive, once they die they pretty much stay dead.

I’ve got a couple of people I can ask later today, though. I might be able to scrounge up something but like Kelly said, it’ll prolly be running Linux (Ubuntu).

6. ZZMike
    Posted December 27, 2012 at 11:44 am |

kelly: I’ve never had my laptop crash – but I’m thinkin’ real serious about Fedora, Red Hat &c now that Windows 8 is rising from the depths of Mordor.

7. apotheosis
    Posted December 27, 2012 at 2:18 pm |

Win8 has some seriously dumb design decisions, but it’s not THAT terrible.

I just had to install and set it up for a family member and, going into it with no W8 experience at all it took me a good hour to orient myself to how shit works. Really it’s just a matter of shifting shit in your head from “start menu” to “metro interface” and finding your comfort level between dragging shortcuts onto the desktop (which you can still do) and playing with redmond’s latest iteration of the MS Bob Frontend for Dummies.

8. TimB52
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:06 pm |

Twirls hair indeed.

Please check your gmail, I think I can help.

9. SnowDancer Yatalli
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 12:34 am |

I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D laptop for sale. It is about two years old and is in good condition. It has 2GB, but we added 2 more GB. So it has 4GB total. It has a AMD V120 Processor 2.20GHz and a 64 bit operating system. There is only one thing wrong with it, the touch mouse stopped working (it just stopped working one day, but all the buttons still work fine). But I do have a pinkish-purplish wireless USB mouse that goes with it. Asking $250.00. Only reason I am getting rid of this computer is because it was for school and I am done with school now and have a bigger laptop I use that is my husbands (we see no point in having two laptops!). So if interested or for more details and/or pictures message me, text 9076318647, or call and leave a message at 9076310938. Thanks everyone.