so there’s that

the reporter on the story “owns a Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum and has had a residence permit in New York City for that weapon since February 2011.”…

1. Posted December 26, 2012 at 6:19 pm |

I want to pee on him and set him on fire, except pee, I guess, isn’t all that flammable, but you guys know what I mean.

2. DougM (Progophobe)
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 6:42 pm |

Interesting, isn’t it, that this wouldn’t be as bad as publishing this and noting that he did not own a firearm.

Posted December 26, 2012 at 8:11 pm |

What do you wanna bet he moves really quick to a nearby county that doesn’t release such records quite as easily.

Heh, but then he’d have to re register. . .

4. Justin Credible
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 8:54 pm |

That’s just a leedle bitty paybak.

This is the full monty.

5. MikeG
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 9:25 pm |

^ Jeebus, Justin. They listed everyone but the freakin’ paperboy that delivered that rag.

6. Lance
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 9:31 pm |

Gee, it’d be a shame if sumpin’ was to happen to him!
    I like what Justin Credible (4) said! And I hope that this 1st
    amendment debacle (IMHO!) brings the gun permit holders
    together politically & ideologically, like the Tea Party!
    I would imagine that a high percentage of those permit
    holders might be somewhat ‘patriotic’ & believe in our
    constitutional rights & freedoms!

7. Justin Credible
    Posted December 26, 2012 at 9:45 pm |

There’s a lawyer in South Carolina stirring the pot even further, too.

@ToddKincannon is a real rabblerouser on twitter. Funny, too.

8. Chuck from Tacoma
    Posted December 27, 2012 at 2:53 am |

I give up for now. I have been trying for an hour to chat with some of these people at their home numbers and just get busy signals. Maybe I’m not the only one with this brilyunt idea to have an adult discussion with them about silly stuff like posting other folks personal information.

9. JoeBandMember™
    Posted December 27, 2012 at 3:05 pm |

Facebook is removing posts with the personal information of the newspaper editors and staff.

Maybe there IS something to certain rumors about who REALLY runs Facebook.

10. JoeBandMember™
    Posted December 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm |

The gOlympian and the Tacoma News Tribune are both Gannet companies. ( Note I don’t call them “Newspapers”).

I wonder if they have the gall to try something similar in our area.

11. Lance
    Posted December 27, 2012 at 5:44 pm |

Don’t fishwrap publishers have to have a buncha advertising revenue
    to stay in bidness, because subscription revenue wouldn’t be enough.
    I’m wondering what would happen if bazillions of gun ‘permitted’ peeps
    & their friends, noisely but in a civilized way, let some major advertisers
    know how they feel about who & what they’re supporting.
    Kinda like a Tea Party campaign. And backed up with boycotts, etc.

Posted December 27, 2012 at 6:59 pm |

That’s not news, it’s an attempt at intimidation. A pox on their house (BTW – we know where that is.) Turnabout’s fair play.
    And all that trouble, invoking FOIA, yet they could not be bothered to check into Commander Benghazi’s bona fides or the Benghazi fiasco for that matter.
    I hope that burning smell is their phone lines.