today’s fun facts are missing

Anyone out there know the statistics of firearm related crimes by illegal weapons and/or those in possession of firearms illegally vs firearm related crimes committed by those who hold legal permits and registrations?

[ there are ] “about 300 major state and federal laws, and an unknown but shrinking number of local laws.”

1. Posted December 30, 2012 at 11:46 am |

Nope, but I’ll shoot any cocksucker who disagrees with me.

2. Posted December 30, 2012 at 11:58 am |

Uh, I meant any cocksucker who disagrees with me right now. There are many cocksuckers in life. You really can’t shoot them all. I want to make that clear. Sometimes you just have to step-back and chill a little,

Hopefully, the cocksucker will shoot itself.

3. Posted December 30, 2012 at 12:33 pm |

Best I have is This: http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp.

Eldest Daughter was a Cop in Chicago. Got curious. GRHS.

Darn good thing I’m not a c-sucker, eh Hog?
    Could be a bad thing for your musical future. ;)

4. Freddie Sykes
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 12:54 pm |

This may not be worth much but Real Time Estimate Top 7 Causes of Death Since 1 Jan, 2012

Cause Annually To Date
    Tobacco: 529,000 528,012
    Medical Errors: 195,000 194,636
    Alcohol Abuse: 107,400 107,199
    Vehicle Accidents: 42,000 41,922
    Suicide: 29,350 29,295
    Drug Abuse: 25,500 25,452
    Firearm Homicide: 10,828 10,808

Which indicates that 20 times as many people die because of medical errors than guns.

Also, both the school shooter and the firemen shooter were not allowed to own guns under our current laws.

5. conrad6
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 1:13 pm |

Many firearms are held legally but have no associated permit or registration. Most states and municipalities outside of the blue wonder states only require permits for concealed carry. It would be a better question if phrased “…those who possess firearms legally?” Note that carrying a firearm, which is otherwise legally owned, somewhere else to use in a crime is, in many cases, already illegal.

6. SondraK, Queen of my domain
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 2:29 pm |

^ Yea, I struggled with the wording…but figured you all are astute enough to get the gist :)

I guess simply looking for the stats of those who are not legally allowed to possess firearms who commit crimes based on the known number of Americans who posses them.

There’s no way to account for the weapons possessed by those who are not required to document them.

7. Merovign
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 4:55 pm |

The NRA publishes the 1.5% figure, I think, and they have references, but no one else (including DOJ) publishes it because it doesn’t benefit them politically to do so.

Frankly, facts don’t matter, emotionally manipulating idiots appears to be the only thing that matters.

8. Posted December 30, 2012 at 5:33 pm |

You can legally show them pichers of you riding a fucking seahorse. I don’t have time to photoshop that right now, but I’m pretty sure it’s legal.

9. Darrell
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 3:08 am |

Those tobacco deaths (Freddie Sykes) are greatly exaggerated.
    Part of another war by the Left.

Posted December 31, 2012 at 8:07 am |

How many brain deaths are there annually?

11. mojo
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 11:01 am |

Watching too much “Deadwood”, Hog?

12. MCPO
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 5:51 pm |

The cocksuckers will come from Yankton.

13. drew458
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 8:47 pm |

You might be better off looking up armed crimes done by previously convicted felons. Odds are good that most of those perps lost their RKBA during their first convictions. You can find a lots of stats on recidivism. Not sure how many crime categories there are, but it’s going to be quite a few, including the little crimes with the “Well Oops, lookee here, he’s got a piece in his pocket!” situation.